Short-Form or Long-Form RolePlay: Which do you use?

Azie's Avatar Azie12/16/15 8:17 pm
1 emeralds 2.2k 9
12/18/2015 8:19 pm
Skywing890's Avatar Skywing890
I was reading some pretty hilarious RP applications with a friend on another site and almost everyone I've seen uses short-form. It made me curious how many long-form users their really are and if age/passion for writing determines how people choose to RP or if most people short-form because it's the norm. There seems to big a pretty big part of our community that enjoys role-play, hence having a section of the forum for it, so I figured this would be a cool discussion.

I'm 20 and I personally use long-form because I like to write and it's more descriptive, though it's been a long time since I last RP'd with anyone because most people use short-form and those I've asked weren't capable of using long-form for one reason or another.

Short-Form example: *hides under the bed until the storm passes*

Long-Form example: I dive under the bed, thunder cracking in the streets outside as it shakes the windows of the house. I cover my eyes and wait.

So...

Age: (If you don't want to list your age, you can choose not to or put something like "over 18" or "under 18" etc.)

Short-Form or Long-Form?

Why do you use the form you picked?
Azie
Retired Moderator
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/18/2015 8:19 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Skinner
Skywing890
Yea me too I like long-form roleplay's
It get fun while you play it
i was doing a Until dawn like roleplay almost but i failed it
12/18/2015 11:59 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
Mud_Puppy
I'm 15 and I use long-form. I have taken interest in LARP but more DNd. I do it every other saturday with friends.
12/18/2015 10:56 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
It's neat to see so many people who actually use long-form like I do. Out of curiosity, do any of you also have any interest in Dungeons and Dragons style RP games or live-action RP?
12/18/2015 8:03 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
Jetra
Yis, had fun with Paranoia and been dying to play Corporation.
12/18/2015 11:20 am
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
I'm a huge player of DnD and other tabletop games. Shadowrun is one of my favorites, and I also play DnD and Pathfinder.

I haven't had an interest in LARPing, but I will be trying it with some friends this summer.
12/18/2015 1:55 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Skinner
Xerxes145

Short-Form or Long-Form?
Long-Form, of course!

Why do you use the form you picked?
I think the biggest part of role-playing is creating a unique, deep character that interacts with a rich story line and world. Long-Form is, in my opinion, so much more vivid, more detailed, more developed, etc. and ultimately is so much better for both character development and for the quality of the role-play. Long-Form, to put it simply, transcends Short-Form in both depth and quality. Plus I really like writing (as you probably guessed by this insanely long response), so it gives me a better channel than Short-Form does.
12/18/2015 1:12 am
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin

Short-Form or Long-Form?: Long Form

Why do you use the form you picked?: I started Short-Form, but have since moved on to Long Form as I have gotten older.

I'm actually on a full Roleplay forum that's pretty fun. Most posts on there are long form, but there are occasionally short form ones. When I started, I used to short form everything, but as I moved on to other forums and got older, and started playing Shadowrun and DnD, I started using Long Form.
12/18/2015 1:09 am
Level 57 : Grandmaster Prince
Vantas
I'm 16, and prefer long-form a whole lot more than short. I've always found short-form roleplaying to be so awkward. And with long-form, it's the chance to be a whole lot more descriptive and it just seems to make it more enjoyable to do or read.
short-form never really seemed to have as much thought put into it, to me.
12/18/2015 1:02 am
Level 39 : Artisan Scribe
Jetra
As much as I would like long-form, if I'm ever roleplaying with my brothers, it tends to be short because my oldest is too busy making our fighter die to a pack of rats (true story)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome