Should I get Windows 10?

likn's Avatar likn11/29/15 9:50 pm
12/4/2015 11:24 pm
SonicHedgehogX's Avatar SonicHedgehogX
Hello. I have used Windows 7 since it came out and I love it. I hated Windows 8 and didn't get it. Windows 10 came out, and at first I was going to upgrade, but now I don't know. What's your thoughts on Windows 10? Do you think I should upgrade?
likn
Level 23 : Expert Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/04/2015 11:24 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Nerd
SonicHedgehogX
I have Windows 10 & It's pretty good, It's a lot like Windows 7, so navigating is pretty much very simple again, unlike that terrible interface you were given in Windows 8 that made you like "Hey, where's that search bar again?" so It's pretty good but not the exact same as Windows 7 but much different from Windows 8.
12/04/2015 10:57 pm
Level 45 : Master Dragonborn
Ninniy
Windows 10 has serious privacy flaws. Sure, you can disable some of the features in 10 minutes, but seriously, take a look at this from Microsoft's new privacy policy:
"We will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to protect our customers or enforce the terms governing the use of the services."

This right here is very concerning. I'm still on Windows 7, probably will stay here.

Nvidia drivers also had some graphical issues, or so I've heard. There has also been many reports of the OS being super slow.

It also comes with tons of pre-installed bloatware, which can't easily be removed. You'll need to install something like Powershell to remove it and not just hide it. Candy crush, "xbox", "people", "weather", etc.
12/04/2015 11:22 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Architect
OlivercraftOfficial
That quote is what blocked Microsoft's annoying 'upgrade for free to 10' from my Windows 7 Ultimate. Never in my life..
12/01/2015 9:15 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
Killertoadthen how'd you get it to work with 7?

i never said anything about that and the only things i used update things for were already in 8 aka my laptop from 8 to 8.1 and my pc from 8.1 to 10 back to 8.1 from reso being to high and crashing out my internet or some weird thing i couldnt use the internet temporarely from it the only thing i had on windows 7 was my compaq qhich i never change windows versions on and the only thing im thinking of is your assuming i have 7 cause u have it idk what else
11/29/2015 10:55 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
guestdsi have a quick rant before my windows 10 rant:
why does eveything i know skip a whatever 9 version? like in beta minecraft they skipped 1.9... why? now windows skips 9... why???

now onto my rant only about windows 10: its not compatible with my pc reso and it might not be compatible with yours either so i dont suggest getting it and it also glitched my internet thing and i had to hard reset my pc (when you hold the power untill it makes a tick noise not reset the pc just shutdown with force, btw dont refresh your pc unless you move the things you want to keep on the desktop like minecraft stuff and steam things and other program files things and roaming things and this rant is over)

Well, Windows skipped 9 because of Windows 9x's OS's. It would have caused support issues from lazy devs.

Also, what do you mean it wasn't compatible with 10? If your PC doesn't work with 10, then how'd you get it to work with 7? The requirements didn't change?

I'm not even sure what you're talking about in the last part, lol. run on sentence much?

Lufuupersonally, and i discovered this first hand.
Windows 10 has a problem with integrated graphics such as the Intel HD chip set series.
So unless you got a med rating graphics card. It going to tank your frames hella hard.
but if you got a good card and decent processor you should be fine

Did you get Windows 10 drivers for the iGPUs? I'm not sure if the the 3000-4000 series got driver support, but I know the older gma iGPUs didn't get support.

@OP It just depends. If you want the newest, plus better optimization, then sure why not, if you want to wait it out till all the bugs are gone, then stay on 7. You won't notice a huge difference, until DX12 comes mainstream.
11/29/2015 10:49 pm
Level 21 : Expert Toast
Lufuu
personally, and i discovered this first hand.
Windows 10 has a problem with integrated graphics such as the Intel HD chip set series.
So unless you got a med rating graphics card. It going to tank your frames hella hard.
but if you got a good card and decent processor you should be fine
11/29/2015 10:45 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc1231920
[deleted]
11/29/2015 10:29 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
I have heard only complaints about Windows 10. Also, if one of the reasons you didn't like Windows 10 was because it gave you less user friendly customizable options, I am sure Windows 10 is not the solution. Computer companies just keep dumbing things down.
11/29/2015 10:19 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Modder
guestds
i have a quick rant before my windows 10 rant:
why does eveything i know skip a whatever 9 version? like in beta minecraft they skipped 1.9... why? now windows skips 9... why???

now onto my rant only about windows 10: its not compatible with my pc reso and it might not be compatible with yours either so i dont suggest getting it and it also glitched my internet thing and i had to hard reset my pc (when you hold the power untill it makes a tick noise not reset the pc just shutdown with force, btw dont refresh your pc unless you move the things you want to keep on the desktop like minecraft stuff and steam things and other program files things and roaming things and this rant is over)

Click to reveal
this spoiler is useless but if it had a click tracker alot of people may click it its ok if u did
11/29/2015 10:03 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
in terms of performance, windows 10 seems to be pretty good.
However, a lot of people have been having trouble running normal minecraft on windows 10. Consider that.

I also advise you to consider looking up a number of (preferably objective) summaries of the Windows 10 terms and agreements. there is a reason that there is a large amount of complaint about these terms of service specifically. Normally people would just be complaining about it being a bad version of windows, if they hadn't skipped 9.
However, since barely anybody normally reads the terms, the fact that so many people now complain about it indicates there is something there to be worried about.

Reading the entire terms of agreement is a daunting task, but summaries have been made of the points people are worried about. I advise reading at least 3 from completely different sources before making the decision.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome