I'm so sick of Pokemon

GabrielleCraft's Avatar GabrielleCraft8/22/16 8:52 am
8/23/2016 2:09 pm
Zitzabis's Avatar Zitzabis
Everywhere you go there's always someone talking about pokemon go. It's so annoying, what's even so special about that game?
GabrielleCraft
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/23/2016 2:09 pm
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
This thread has quickly fallen into petty arguments.

It's ok for OP to not like the game.
It's ok to think OP is wrong.
It's ok to like Pokemon Go.
It's ok to not like Pokemon Go.

But there is a time and place and delivery of all of these opinions. People often seem to think that it's wrong to not have your opinion voiced. At times, yes, At times, no. There is a time and place for you to effectively deliver your opinion politely and with proper representation of that opinion.
We all missed the timing on this thread.

/locked
08/23/2016 12:13 pm
GabrielleCraft
People are allowed to share their opinions weather you like it or not. Sorry.
08/23/2016 1:57 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
ooooooooh the irony
08/23/2016 1:20 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
Isn't that the irony here? You're allowed to express your opinion that all the Pokemon GO talk is annoying yet those people aren't allowed to express their opinion about the game because it's annoying to you?
08/23/2016 11:56 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Sergeant SarcasmIf it's annoying to you, keep it to yourself.

Hmm...
08/23/2016 9:16 am
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
Hey OP, people are allowed to like things. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean nobody else can.
08/23/2016 11:12 am
GabrielleCraft
I guess that game made it so you can't read anymore.. I never said people can't enjoy the game, I'm saying having multiple post about it in basically everywhere is getting a little annoying.
08/23/2016 10:01 am
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Hey poster, the op is allowed to dislike something. Just because you turned it into hating the game instead of the fact it's babbled on about constantly doesn't mean he can't express that opinion.
08/23/2016 9:13 am
GabrielleCraft
I'm annoyed about how it's talked about everywhere. If that's only things talked about here why not just make a whole new section for it so people who are sick of it don't have to see all the post about it. It's also spamming when people make countless threads.
08/23/2016 2:12 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
You're annoyed lots of people enjoy the game?

Umm ok then...
08/22/2016 7:22 pm
Level 44 : Master Sweetheart
Calendar Man
Pokemon GO was a good idea on paper, and was pretty fun... For like, a week.
Then Niantic messed everything up.
But in reality, the execution of the whole thing is kinda poor.
08/22/2016 7:17 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
Pokemon is one of the top-selling franchises out there, and just because you don't like it will not change that. I'll admit, I do not thoroughly enjoy Pokemon Go, as the genwunners are just having a blast with it. Also can't forget the common idiot or know-it-all either. But I like the concept of it, and has the potential to be an amazing game for mobile platforms. And trust me, we're all tired of Clash of Clans clones by now.

As for why Pokemon is so popular is because of the main games that you may or may not have played. This franchise has been around for twenty years, an amazing feat for a video game. Plus even if the hype were to die down for Pokemon Go, it rise back up again for the release of Pokemon Sun and Moon, the newest main story games. I could tell you so many things that makes me love Pokemon, but I would probably go over the limit.
08/22/2016 7:09 pm
Level 44 : Master Taco
Sullyburger
yep. I also think Pokemon is just weird.
08/22/2016 6:08 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
What the heck do we care? I've never like Pokemon, but am I ranting?
Nope,
08/22/2016 5:54 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Hunter
Pysisco8
Poke-mon GO is a great Idea, But I agree it is over obsessed. It will always haunt you.
But It will slowly die out, Like "whats 9 plus 10? 21" type of deal.
I've never played the game, And I am interested in it. Just seems too naggy.

Made you look.
08/22/2016 5:32 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Ludicrous
Pretty sure something like this would have better flourished in here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/rant

But yeah, you have no control of what people do, its all but simply avoiding the topic. If its your friends that keeps talking about it, just ask them to talk about something else, if they're really your friends they'd probably take you up on your request.

Don't shoot down something other people like just because people like it and its mainstream and people keep talking about it, thats just rude.

Imagine if you like something so much then someone randomly goes up to you and tells to your face that what you like is mainstream and sucks and that there are better and more superious things than it. You'd probably not like that guy.

((Of course its your opinion and you're free to keep that, its just the matter of publicly employing the opinion))
08/22/2016 7:07 pm
Level 20 : Expert Hunter
Monotone
^^This
08/22/2016 4:54 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
People play it because they've had the fantasy of walking around and being in their own Pokemon world for decades now. It's not that it's wildly good gameplay, it's the draw created by the expansion of that personal reality; being able to physical move in the world and find Pokemon is the closest thing there is to a true Pokemon VR experience (for now).

Again, it's not that the game is fundamentally good, it's that the fantasy is realized (partially).
08/22/2016 4:48 pm
GabrielleCraft
I wasn't trying to be rude. I'm just saying it's not like that game is everything and everytime I say I don't like it that much (Not on this site) everyone doesn't understand why. There's much better games.
08/22/2016 5:03 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Dragon
brostermedia
there are hardly any games on ios/android that are better than Pokémon GO. most other games nowadays are just complete clones of eachother and are mainly cashgrabs
08/22/2016 3:04 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
I honestly hate it too. I prefer the REAL pokemon games. y'know, the ones that don't absolutely eat your data, have micro transactions, and have the entire pokedex not to mention it isn't on a horrible touch screen, long live tactile feedback with buttons.
08/22/2016 1:59 pm
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
Azrath
Huh?

What is Pokemon GO?
08/22/2016 4:35 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
Can you REALLY not google it?

Like, at all?
08/22/2016 6:47 pm
Sergeant Sarcasm
I'm 90% sure he was kidding. I don't think there's a single person left on Earth that hasn't heard of Pokemon GO.

Also, @OP, I really don't see what all the fuss is about. The Pokemon hype can be tiring, but there's not much of a use going on forums and complaining about it. Not to mention it's dying, so if people conversing amongst themselves about a game bothers you that much then you'll soon be relieved. It's slowly becoming less and less relevant.
08/23/2016 2:04 am
Level 27 : Expert Pokemon
CyberJ
2 words, developing countries
08/23/2016 11:24 am
Sergeant Sarcasm
Good god it's like nobody can actually tell what a joke is around here.

Also, OP, think about something. If talk about Pokemon GO is getting annoying to you, don't you think random misguided hate towards simply the act of talking about Pokemon GO is getting annoying to everyone else? You're doing the same thing the people you complain about are. If it's annoying to you, keep it to yourself.
08/22/2016 2:04 pm
Monotone
A Pokemon app where you find Pokemon in your area. It gets people outside but lots of stupid people are trespassing, getting hit by cars, or causing accidents when trying to catch them.
08/22/2016 1:29 pm
Level 24 : Expert Scribe
Travis
I agree that it's talked about way too much. I don't particularly care about the game, I don't care whether or not you play it, I don't care what Pokemon you just caught, I'm sick and tired of you talking to me about it.
08/22/2016 1:22 pm
GabrielleCraft
-snip-
08/22/2016 1:26 pm
Monotone
Silvana Studios was being perfectly reasonable. There's no need to call names.
08/22/2016 11:42 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Explorer
Agentcope
^ Yup. I'll just eat popcorn in the background of Pokemon vs Reality
08/22/2016 11:31 am
Level 33 : Artisan Narwhal
WhaleTuba
Everyone in this is so triggered, it's amazing
08/22/2016 9:18 am
GabrielleCraft
Don't need to be so rude. I didn't say I don't like it, I'm just saying it doesn't need to be talked about everywhere.
08/22/2016 8:54 am
Level 88 : Elite Modder
Fureniku
Well it's just like Minecraft, it revives nostalgia in all the older generations (IE, playing with lego), and is an incredibly fun game for younger generations too.

It's alright to dislike it. -snip-
08/22/2016 10:41 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Nexon_Duk
Just adding on what Silvania Studios posted, You seem to not like Pokemon go, which I have no problem with, but why talk about your hates on a Minecraft forums? This should be about Minecraft related subjects, not Pokemon go. Besides, Many people on these forums, including myself, fondly enjoy the game.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome