Skyrim or Skyward Sword?

Knote7's Avatar Knote71/3/12 9:19 pm
1/12/2012 5:57 am
HaseoGUA's Avatar HaseoGUA
Hmm, u tell me what u think. I have never played skyrim, but i like skyward sword better anyway. Im a TOTAL zelda fan. i like the epic story, the art, everything with skyward sword. i dont know. skyrim might be a bit to violent for me. so TELL ME WHICH U PREFER!
Knote7
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/12/2012 1:01 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Oliverkohen3260
LAWL! In skyrim you can be a gal.. Andddddddddddddddd you can create your own character unlike SS... And The elder scrolls has a bigger fan base, I like zelda but prefer skyrim over it. Skyrim also had a major release like when it came out people were really excited "DUDE!! SKYRIMS OUT!!" "YEAH I KNOW IM GETTING TOMMOROW SO EXCITED!", while SS was like "Hey dude have you seen that new zelda game?" "Oh? you mean spirit tracks dude that's not new!" "....".. I will always have OoT in my fav games but not the newer ones. "I used to be an adventurer like you, but then i took an arrow to the knee." - The many guards of skyrim.
01/12/2012 5:57 am
Level 27 : Expert Pokemon
HaseoGUA
But will the Elder Scrolls series still be going strong after 25 years? I see a lot of people getting angry with Bethesda and how buggy there games seem to be? Mean while Zelda has been going strong 25 years and has yet to lose steam. So yes for now Elder Scrolls maybe be the new kid on the block, but Zelda will be here one he loses his popularity.
01/11/2012 8:31 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Pony
BawbTehOldDude
Hmm, Which one would I choose? *Looks at my signature and my avatar*
01/11/2012 8:24 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Mountaineer
BusyChris
I'm gonna say Zelda: Skyward Sword because it refreshes me from all the bull crap disappointments that have been coming in like swarms, and yes skyrim was a disappointment, don't deny it. Of course the game was still fun, my opinion was skyward sword was better. As it was to get a perfect 10.0 on IGN, i liked it for my own reasons like it's art style, it's music, it's game play. Exactly what i expected, a fun game that you will play until it's COMPLETELY done.
01/11/2012 8:19 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Batman
Cid_of_Lufenia
I like Skyrim but I think I am still a bigger dragon quest fan
01/11/2012 8:16 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Taco
link433
zelda is so much better I'm like its biggest fan
01/11/2012 8:12 am
Level 27 : Expert Pokemon
HaseoGUA
Skyward Sword. I wanted to try Skyrim but I really don't have the time due to all these other games I have to beat. Plus I heard it can be very glitchy.

But Skyward, I just sit down for hours and play, not even advancing the story. And the story I love it sooooo much. It has by far one of the most powerful cutscenes in any game I have played to date, only strengthened by the fact that Link does not talk. I mean you can literally read Link's mind during this scene with nothing more then the expression on his face. I love it :3
01/11/2012 6:25 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Pixel Puncher
Creeper Hugs U
Simple......SKYRIM
01/11/2012 6:09 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Dragon
Defender2012
SkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSkyrimSKYRIM
Thats the best shout in skyrim.Learn it.
01/11/2012 6:06 am
Level 42 : Master Hunter
JohnDaMan
I prefer Skyward Sword... You know, Skyrim ain't bad but... Skyward Sword is just better for me.
01/11/2012 5:49 am
Level 32 : Artisan Network
MissMarifire
Skyward Sword.... My dad says I can't play skyrim because:

A. It's an ERSB (idk for the record, just guessing) rated game put in the M for Mature category

B. All of my older brothers play it, and they say that it's more of a boy's game than a girl's game or even a family game. Same goes with Assassin's Creed, CoD, Metal Gear Solid, Halo, and twenty more where that came from ._.

I can still play The Sims series and Metroid though. But that was just because I convinced my dad that Samus is a girl.... and that I fell in love with The Sims.... Even though I kill them for the vampires :3
01/11/2012 5:59 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Blockhead
Nyaruko Yasaka
Then yours brothers are sexist, it's as much as a girl's game as it as a boy's game.
01/11/2012 6:12 am
Level 32 : Artisan Network
MissMarifire
But, I mean, there are no female characters you can actually play as. In SS it is the same, but anybody can play that. My bff plays it all the time.... Plus, I am usually too busy with other things to play either game. And likewise, I am only 12, and I will possibly not be able to play it until I am out of school. That is my reasoning for choosing Skyward Sword. The only reason I would choose skyrim is because that WW and TP had Zoras, while SS did not.
01/11/2012 4:02 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
CaptainNeon1
skyrim
01/11/2012 4:10 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
care to elaborate?
01/11/2012 4:26 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
CaptainNeon1
much more customisation
01/11/2012 3:11 am
Level 24 : Expert Narwhal
x_creeper!
Skyrim, I personally prefer high graphics games.
01/11/2012 3:07 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Crafter
SmokeGunner
I honestly dont see how the games compare, I thought games like Zelda and Mario died out years ago, they all look the same to me. You cant even choose what you want to do or who you want to be, you have to follow a specific story. Does that sound like an RPG game to you?
01/11/2012 3:44 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
Firstly id like to point out the fact RPG stands for Role Playing Game, and in my opinion both playing a set story of a pre-developed character (link) and playing a customizable character's 300+ hour, non-linear story both are RPGs, you are playing a role of a character whether that character was premade or completely customizable. Secondly Zelda practically founded the RPG genre of games and if anyone cant accept that for at least historical reasons then they honestly cant consider themselves a true gamer of any description. Also Zelda and Elder Scrolls are on completely different sides of the RPG genre and as a result its extremely hard to make a truly valid choice one way or the other, though i would go with Zelda (played OoT, MM, WW, and TP) myself because i personally enjoy my time ingame with it more than Elder Scrolls games (played 3-5) but i cant actually say one is better as a game than the other because they are essentially completely different sub genres of RPGs.
01/10/2012 7:48 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Ninja
Shomanakillah
it's both... reasons why?

LoZ - Skyward Sword

- Mute hero FTW

- A storyline to go by

- intense mini-violence and random shiz

Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls V

- violence, but making it epic!

- Real choices like real life instead of something just to keep randomly going by

- enchantments because now everyone is epic

opinion own... 'NUFF DAMN SAID! and yes, morrowind WAS SO RANDOM i still have it too
01/10/2012 7:48 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
link4799
skyward sword, because link is badass!!!!
da da da da da da daaaaaa!!!!
01/10/2012 7:46 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Musician
Mr. Barrelroll
I think Skyrim is better, but Morrowind was definitely the best in the series (yeah, I'm old school like that). Don't get me wrong, Skyward Sword was awesome as well.
01/10/2012 7:42 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Explorer
Spectob
legend of sky: rim sword
nuff said
01/10/2012 7:39 pm
Level 46 : Master Technomancer
timoteo2000
Shad0wclaw17Ok Skyrim vs. TLoZ:SS
You can be of whatever alliegance you want!--Stuck being good

In SS you aren't friends with all the good characters; You mess with Pumma the owner of the lumpy pumpkin, if you get the heart piece.
You are the absolute enemy of Scrapper the Robot.
Cawlin, even though he adds some good side quests, not the best of your friends.
01/10/2012 7:36 pm
Level 46 : Master Technomancer
timoteo2000
Skyward Sword. The best in the series so far, but it looks like a prequel. The Goddess Sword, upgrading items, and Ghirahim make it one of the best. For people who have gotten through to the 3rd Ghirahim battle, take a quick look at him, then at Fi.
01/10/2012 8:25 pm
Knote7
yeah its a prequel. according to the translated official timeline (its in japanese) it is the first game.
01/10/2012 7:31 pm
Knote7
LET THE FANBOI WAAAR.... CONTINUE!
01/05/2012 9:18 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Dragon
Shad0wclaw17
Ok Skyrim vs. TLoZ:SS

+100 hours gameplay--+3 days of gameplay
Never same way twice--Concrete storyline
Extremely customizable character--Changable name
Even side quests have stories!--SS really have anythign set as a "side quest"
You can be of whatever alliegance you want!--Stuck being good

I can give more reasons if i must...

DOVAHKIIN!
01/05/2012 9:08 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
Baddibu
Like almost everyone is saying: SKYRIM
01/05/2012 9:05 pm
Level 40 : Master Dolphin
trenty43
skyrim is definitely the better game, it has i think either over 300 or 100 hours of gameplay, its massive and there is a very small chance you will find everything in one playthrough. then there is the character customization, which i dont even think zelda has.
01/04/2012 10:03 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc166169
[deleted]
01/04/2012 9:51 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Guard
esoomytefasgone
inb4 fanboy war....

ooops too late.
01/04/2012 9:45 pm
Level 23 : Expert Architect
rainmaker133
I feel that anyone who has to compare and choose between these two games is mentally ill. They are two absolutely different games, what is the point of whining between them? Play the one you like or play both if you enjoy them both. Now stop with the comparisons and just play videogames.
01/05/2012 9:00 pm
Knote7
Dude (or female) this is just for fun. I do not intend for people to rage and fight. i just wanted to see the result of this thread.
01/04/2012 9:39 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
mralloverit
I've played nearly every Zelda title(OoT still being my favorite) and listened to nearly every Zelda song(including the 25th anniversary orchestra CD which was f*cking epic!) The Zelda franchise as a whole, exudes pure awesomeness. A time-tested series that is, without a doubt, one of the greatest in gaming history. Zelda is going to be around for a long time, and I can hardly wait to see what Nintendo has in store for us next. especially with the upcoming WiiU later this year. As far as Skyrim goes, I have no intention of playing it. Ever. My reason? I have more than enough life-eating software installed on my PC already. WoW, TOR, and Minecraft among others. I'm happy with what I have. I do not need, nor do I want another one.
01/04/2012 9:33 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Architect
Jamandbutter
Skyrim there's hundreds of side quests the developers put in a good 5 years now (Oblivion came out in 2005) into it which is incredible there's better items a awesome story line not to mention random dragons coming out of nowhere If I want to play zelda I play Ocarina of time
01/04/2012 10:51 pm
Level 47 : Master Pixel Painter
Raxos
Never thought of the 2 DLC's for Oblivion and the 2 Fallout games?
01/04/2012 10:00 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
TheMooMeister
For the record, Skyward sword also took 5 years... As far as my brother knows.
01/04/2012 10:06 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc166169
[deleted]
01/04/2012 10:11 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Architect
Jamandbutter
Yeah i guess I should give LoS a go mostly because after playing Windwalker I wasn't expecting it to get any better I didn't really like it but I think I might buy it now
01/04/2012 9:30 pm
Level 29 : Expert Crafter
iHazRabiez
Skyrim. I just don't care for Zelda. Never could get into it. But Skyrim, I think is one of the best games I've ever played, despite the bugs, it's really good. Good graphics, good storyline(s), and character customization. I need choices in a game, not just dialouge, but if I kill someone... people get angry.... if I don't kill... I don't get paid. Stuff like that.

Like Po1ntBlank I waited and waited and waited. I got Collector's Ed. and went to the midnight release, almost got Hypothermia and still waited to get it.
01/04/2012 9:28 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Engineer
Pur3strownu
SKYRIM IS BEAST
ok picture this.

your going to your next quest.
your suddenly attacked by a dragon
you try and kill it
it owns u
u go kill it it again with better gear
u get a new shout
u NOW HAVE A PET DRAGON (people who beat the game know what im talking about)
01/04/2012 9:27 pm
Level 47 : Master Hunter
Po1ntBlank
Just to point out, I was trying to say I dont htae skyrim. I LOVE IT. I counted down till the preorder, but its just no matter how good a game, any zelda game has more of an experience and nostalgia effect
01/04/2012 9:26 pm
Po1ntBlank
Skyword Sword.

I have played Skyrim, and Oblivion, And Morrowind, and Daggerfall, but I have also had the experience waking up every summer to watch my brother and my (Now passed away) cousin play Majora's Mask every day. I had watched them beat Ocarina of time, and then watched my oldest brother beat Wind Waker. I got old enough and beat twilight princess, and will get skyword sword.

The pure experience, and nostalgia every zelda game brings is more than any other game I have played can offer. Its like I am 6 and playing with them again
01/04/2012 9:28 pm
Level 47 : Master Pixel Painter
Raxos
I suppose it's the personal feelings that would compel you to playing Zelda, but as for the game itself?
01/05/2012 12:23 am
Po1ntBlank
Yeah, for me personally, it is a lot about the game. But think of it this way, My brother and cousin wouldn't of played every single game as they came back until they beat it, and let me (being 6 and annoying) watch them every time, and then me playing them all, if it wasnt a good game.

The game itself is amazing, whether you are emulating the first one on your laptop, or you are playing by yourself on the newest one in your room, or you have your little brother or sister watching you, all the games (Especially the latest one) always leave you thinking, "Damn. That game was fantastic."
01/04/2012 9:20 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Dragonborn
CallOfShady
SKRYIM FTW
01/04/2012 9:16 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
fans_4
I would say skyrim because, even though it is buggy as hell (especially for me because im on ps3) and it crashed once every hour or so i keep playing. Any game that ive ever played(besides skyrim) if it were to crash i would probably just shut it off. One of my friends gave me mw3 to borrow for a couple of weeks and i havent even touched it yet, that just shows how addictive it is. Also im 160 hours (split between two accounts 140 hours on one 20 or so on the other) in and i just finished the main quest today and i havent even touched any of the imperial/stormcloak quests.
01/04/2012 9:18 pm
Knote7
160 HOURS? but u never finished saying y after u said it was buggy...
01/04/2012 9:22 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
fans_4
you can tell from 160 hours of gameplay that there is alot off stuff to do, plus i just like the whole setting more, i havent played skyward sword i feel like all the Loz games from like 2002-2011 have been **** but its seems like skyward sword has made the series good again.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome