So... Quick question...

ShinyGold998's Avatar ShinyGold9985/20/18 10:37 pm
1 emeralds 181 3
5/26/2018 6:21 pm
ShinyGold998's Avatar ShinyGold998
If I have a map that I made in Single Player, would I be able to export that so that anybody can edit it? I am not done building the map and I need help from other people to build it (i.e. Hopefully only like one person or if it's a team, that they all use the same computer or something like that.) If this is possible, please tell me how!
ShinyGold998
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/21/2018 9:21 pmhistory
Level 51 : Grandmaster Professor
Eli the Zeratoed
Oh, if you're trying to export your map to a server, try going into the "saves" folder and look for your map. If you have the map and you want it in a zip folder, download 7-zip (if you don't have it), right click it, click "add to *map-name*.zip" and it should turn into a zip folder. From there, you can transfer the map to the server and unzip it or place it on PMC for other people to modify.

However, If you want to keep your map as a singleplayer world, but you still want to have people come on and edit it, all you have to do is turn it into a LAN and use a temporary server creator named Grappl (Yes, it's safe. I have used it in the past and I can confirm that it has no issues. Note, the server only lasts for a few hours to a day, so your builders will have to communicate frequently to exchange new IPs for the same server). You should be able to find tutorials on how to create a server if you search "turning a LAN minecraft world into a server no portfowarding" from there. I wish you luck and I'll be awaiting your response! :D
05/26/2018 6:21 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
ShinyGold998
Would I have to unzip it when I try to put it on PMC, or could I keep it zipped?
05/20/2018 11:01 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragonborn
Dovahkaal
If you have a server, you can export the world using the multiverse plugin.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome