Someone give me motivation

Akeustlom's Avatar Akeustlom4/7/15 2:27 pm
4/10/2015 8:43 pm
Akeustlom's Avatar Akeustlom
Hey guys, I need motivation. You all know of Mario Kart 8. Nintendo officially hates me. in every mode, I'm fine. 50cc, 100cc, 150cc. but FREAKING MIRROR MODE. I win the first 2 races, and then I swear, the game: "Oh, he's winning. Let me turn the item balancing to the CPU's to EVERY FREAKING SHELL IMAGINABLE WITHIN 5 SECONDS. (If you can't tell, the only reason I'm not cursing is because my parents would kill me.) And on April 23, they're adding 200-FREAKING-CC. and 2 more cups. I know I have time until then, but I really need help. I am SO CLOSE to the golden kart. (except, well... Mirror Mode.) And, I need to get every time trial ghost done. They will add more ghosts on the 23rd. Someone help, or I am going to go insane.
Akeustlom
Level 19 : Journeyman Scribe

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/10/2015 8:43 pm
Akeustlom
And the DLC cups do count.
04/10/2015 8:29 pm
Level 47 : Master Princess
Whoever01
When I got the wheels, the DLC hadn't been released so I didn't need to beat the Time Trials for the DLC cups. I do not know whether you have to with the DLC installed, but I would do the normal cups before anything else.

As for Mirror Mode, the CPU difficulty should be the same as 150cc. The biggest problem is the perception of the track. Just keep practicing, and you will get there! Remember to keep a shell or banana behind your back, and retain any horns you receive, as they will kill the blue shells.
04/10/2015 8:43 pm
Akeustlom
I know all the functionality. but every green shell I throw is apparently PERFECTLY ANGLED TO HIT ME SQUARE IN THE BACK. I demon slide, (MK8 equivalent of wavedashing) I use every item to its full potential, do all the stunts, start the race at the EXACT 60TH OF A SECOND, it's just physically impossible.
04/10/2015 1:51 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Network
MatronixPVP
When you feel like you reached your limit, its only the beginning. Thats when its time to dig deep, find the courage to push some more. Because if you got the drive, the discipline, and the resolve, to do what it takes to make yourself great, then the rewards are endless.
04/10/2015 12:07 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
Snowyfox
Erm, not sure if somebody else has said this, but

OP, don't button mash. NEVER button mash unless you just want to get a noob fight over with. In terms of achievements like this, you need to calm down, concentrate and act fast but precisely. Strategise, or just time. But don't button mash unless you want to die several hundred times.

It's similar in concept to not rushing in a game that requires you to rush. I used to have a lot of frustrating experiences where I got frustrated by a little thing, and start to rush things or mash things more. It just made it worse and thus keeps making me frustrated until I'm outraged. Oftentimes, when I calm down and just play properly, suddenly everything falls back in place, or sometimes you even get the achievement quickly.
04/10/2015 8:21 pm
Akeustlom
Well, button mashing isn't really the right term. It's that I take everything so seriously that I'm breaking my controller by pressing buttons so fast.

And my family is so dumb. I say that if you use the hyrule bike without the right other parts, that it's not canonical. THEY DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT CANONICAL MEANS.
04/10/2015 11:54 am
Akeustlom
I'm just going to go with that, not knowing what you're trying to say.
04/10/2015 11:41 am
Level 48 : Master Button Pusher
PolarBearSmall_
Motivation:

There is no netflix in prison.
04/10/2015 11:37 am
Akeustlom
I have Forza 3, if that counts. But I met a guy under the name of "Viper" (idk if that's a real name or not) who has the gold kart and asked him for tips.
04/08/2015 8:46 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Artist
DerpySwagger
Great solution

Play Forza Horizon 2
04/08/2015 8:36 pm
Akeustlom
(Actually, that's PlayStation. I'm a noob XD)
04/08/2015 8:42 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
YourLocalFloridian
YAY Learning xD
04/07/2015 9:05 pm
YourLocalFloridian
RedshirtMiner
YourLocalFloridian
bellybuttonman6:cry: But my cat is stretchier XD

[Evil laughing] just wait till you meet me! Muhahahahaha....

Chuck Norris is strechier than both of you.

Lies.........now I'm off to edit my signature again xD
04/07/2015 6:27 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
YourLocalFloridian

Chuck Norris is strechier than both of you.
04/07/2015 6:25 pm
Level 29 : Expert Princess
Hollask
Mariokart is like a metaphor for life. Sometimes things seem to be going well and then just turn around. Problems arise. In life we can let the issues crush us or we can dust ourselves off and get back in the saddle. Now are you going to let them crush you or are you going to race?
04/07/2015 5:31 pm
Level 22 : Expert Network
YTCereal
Dont play mirror or.... this
04/07/2015 6:18 pm
Akeustlom
That's an Xbox controller. This is wii u.
04/07/2015 6:22 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
okoloto
Do you know the difference between PlayStation and Xbox?
04/07/2015 9:36 pm
Akeustlom
I can see the D-Pad. The D-Pads are different.
04/07/2015 5:23 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Grump
Corcustos
How bout this.

If you don't go over there and win it for me, I'll chase you down like a chimp after his banana until you do. Kinda like this:

04/07/2015 3:24 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
FCCAGut12
I don't think you need motivation, you need discipline. Motivation would keep you to play the game (which you are currently doing), discipline will allow you to cool down and get your mind off it. The more you work at something and you keep failing at it you will keep failing until you relax and give it a break for awhile and then you're gonna think why did that just work.

Don't rush, April 23rd is 2 weeks away.
04/07/2015 3:28 pm
YourLocalFloridian
Good point, why not spend the next week casually attempting to kick shell butt?

If that doesn't work,I waited months to beat the final mission of GTA: Vice City......still didn't do it, but I finally killed Lance Vance! >:D
04/07/2015 3:19 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
04/07/2015 3:02 pm
YourLocalFloridian
LOL I'm gonna be editing my signature all day....
04/07/2015 3:00 pm
YourLocalFloridian

04/07/2015 2:57 pm
Akeustlom
But my cat is stretchier XD
04/07/2015 2:54 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Modder
TenaciousEz
xD.
04/07/2015 2:52 pm
YourLocalFloridian
P.S-hope you like my new signature
04/07/2015 2:47 pm
YourLocalFloridian
bellybuttonman6
YourLocalFloridiantry giving it your best

This is the kind of motivation I need. Thank you. but I am literally breaking my controller, just because of all the button-mashing I'm doing. Demon sliding, drifting, (I take drifting really seriously.) It's just too hard.

Also, I need to play mirror because I can't get the golden kart after April 23rd.

And, you're wrong, I'm stretchier.

Haha in your dreams, button guy xD

I've broken a controller or two in my day lol, worst case scenario: buy a new controller and return to butt kicking!

Now, get out there and make me proud! Don't make me go buy a controller...I WILL!!
You have till the count of 3, mister! 1...2....xD
04/07/2015 2:42 pm
Akeustlom
YourLocalFloridiantry giving it your best

This is the kind of motivation I need. Thank you. but I am literally breaking my controller, just because of all the button-mashing I'm doing. Demon sliding, drifting, (I take drifting really seriously.) It's just too hard.

Also, I need to play mirror because I can't get the golden kart after April 23rd.

And, you're wrong, I'm stretchier.
04/07/2015 2:38 pm
okoloto
Why do you NEED to play it?
04/07/2015 2:42 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you
04/07/2015 2:38 pm
YourLocalFloridian
You can do it, cool guy! Don't let the game get to you, go out there and kick some shell butt!

If you're so good that the game thinks you're cheating, try giving it your best-but without going overboard.Maybe then you'll get that trophy you deserve!

Make me proud ;')
04/07/2015 2:36 pm
Akeustlom
I need to play Mirror Mode and complete it by April 23rd. That's not motivation.
04/07/2015 2:30 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
Well then don't play mirror.
04/07/2015 2:32 pm
okoloto
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome