Starting A Band?

mrhanky49's Avatar mrhanky499/15/14 11:01 pm
1 emeralds 364 7
9/17/2014 7:26 pm
mrhanky49's Avatar mrhanky49

Hello PMC..
So I am just going to get right to the point.

How does somebody start a band?
I know this isint really the best place to ask this type of question but whatever..

I play alot of Guitar and also mix and compose music and I am wanting to start a band but I dont really know where to start.

I dont know of any people who would be interested in playing in a band with me around my area so I dont really know what to do..

Any tips you guys could give me on starting a band would be much appreciated.

(ALSO: If any of you play an instrument and would maybe like to get a band going through skype or something please message me or comment on this post!)

mrhanky49
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/16/2014 7:53 pm
Level 28 : Expert Nerd
GlissandoGirl
I saw some fliers up in my area about a band. I don't know if this would work, but maybe you could put up some fliers (with permission) at local music stores? Don't include any personal information, though.
09/16/2014 7:36 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Network
MiDShadow
I can get you onto iTunes if you go steady and start it up right, PM me!
09/16/2014 7:35 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Architect
NinamanOfficial
May I ask what kind of music you are into dude? Im a guitarist as well and play a lot haha.
09/17/2014 7:26 pm
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon
mrhanky49
Hey sorry about the late reply.

I mostly play rock and a bit of metal music on guitar, but I can play nearly any genre on my guitar.
09/16/2014 7:31 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
Find other people who are interested in joining a band. Do a music class at school or outside of school, etc., A standard band USUALLY consists of a Guitarist, a Bass Guitarist, a Lead Singer, and a Drummer. Look along those lines, unless you have something else in mind.
09/16/2014 7:15 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Taco
Coltron9000
I'm currently in two bands;
Bass Guitarist in To End The Darkness, and
Drummer in Yet Another Decade.

I started both with a bunch of friends I hang out with. When we're looking for another guitarist or something, we go to the music shop, we hang out there quite a bit. When it comes to being in the band itself, just jam, play whatever and you can come up with something.

If you're interested, I'm pretty awesome at drums, my skype is the same as pmc.
09/16/2014 1:26 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
minecraft-maniac10
Just try to find someone that is interested in music, doesn't need to be a friend and see if they just want to sort of have a jam session. If you can't find anyone try out for your school band or somewhere a lot of musicians will be. If you mean like a professional band and want to get gigs and things then try and practice with some people first and maybe start a youtube channel or ask everyone you know if there are birthday parties you can play at or things of that sort, its how everyone gets started.

If you want to do the skype thing I am a fairly average drummer and could help if you are interested add me on skype and we'll talk more: luke.todd.nz

Hope this helps!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome