Steam Game- Free Demo Coming Soon- Looking For Testers

Lacuna Corporation's Avatar Lacuna Corporation9/13/15 7:35 am
1 emeralds 1.4k 27
9/15/2015 2:45 pm
Cascade's Avatar Cascade
Hello everyone,

If you have been using the PMC forums for a while, you probably will have seen my other thread about a WIld-West RPG I'm developing. Our team is going to be releasing a creative mode demo in the coming weeks and we're looking for people to give us some feedback on it. While we do already debug and check for problems, we may have missed something unusual and it would be very helpful if we can be notified of these problems. We're also looking to hear some suggestions on features you'd like to see implemented and they may even end up in the final version of the game.

But before we talk about signing up, let me show you what the current version is looking like. First up, the main menu:

The main menu is fully animated. The following two images showcase our building system:

Those are just a handful of the items which will be available. We currently have around 40 different placeable items and many more will be coming. You will eventually be able to build jails, general stores and even gunsmiths, plus many more! And our first map:

And that's just the beginning! We have all sorts of systems planned, from NPCs to inhabit and work in your towns to complex hunting simulation and survival aspects. We plan on moving to either Kickstarter or Steam Greenlight after the testing phase, depending on how it goes.

If you would like to help us test, please let me know below and you'll be added to the list. If you posted in the last thread about being a tester, I will go through the old posts and add you.

To keep updated, please follow our Twitter account:

@LacunaCorp

We'll be posting many screenshots and links there so it's the best place to see what we're working on next. Thanks for reading, and please feel free to ask any questions you may have!
Lacuna Corporation
Level 22 : Expert Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/15/2015 2:45 pm
Level 25 : Expert Skinner
Cascade
I was wondering if I could test it if it's even possible at this point.
09/15/2015 1:24 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Ranger
Caporal Dxl
I wanna be a tester... So yeah, tell me when we do this. It looks like more fun than ARK I hope it will be
09/15/2015 12:29 pm
Level 23 : Expert Pokemon
PMKat
Hey! I'm Mara. This is really nice so far, and I'd love to help test. These graphics are amazing by the way. Looks like it'll be really nice when finished!
09/15/2015 12:12 pm
Lacuna Corporation
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has applied to test- just to explain how it will all work, the basic concept is that we'll get to the point where the demo is almost ready for release, give all of our testers an early version, and then polish it all off with your bug reports and suggestions. After this stage, we will release the updated, final version of our first ever alpha demo.
09/14/2015 11:02 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Tampaki
Ab AeternoHello everyone,

If you have been using the PMC forums for a while, you probably will have seen my other thread about a WIld-West RPG I'm developing. Our team is going to be releasing a creative mode demo in the coming weeks and we're looking for people to give us some feedback on it. While we do already debug and check for problems, we may have missed something unusual and it would be very helpful if we can be notified of these problems. We're also looking to hear some suggestions on features you'd like to see implemented and they may even end up in the final version of the game.

But before we talk about signing up, let me show you what the current version is looking like. First up, the main menu:

The main menu is fully animated. The following two images showcase our building system:

Those are just a handful of the items which will be available. We currently have around 40 different placeable items and many more will be coming. You will eventually be able to build jails, general stores and even gunsmiths, plus many more! And our first map:

And that's just the beginning! We have all sorts of systems planned, from NPCs to inhabit and work in your towns to complex hunting simulation and survival aspects. We plan on moving to either Kickstarter or Steam Greenlight after the testing phase, depending on how it goes.

If you would like to help us test, please let me know below and you'll be added to the list. If you posted in the last thread about being a tester, I will go through the old posts and add you.

To keep updated, please follow our Twitter account:

@LacunaCorp

We'll be posting many screenshots and links there so it's the best place to see what we're working on next. Thanks for reading, and please feel free to ask any questions you may have!

You have the EXACT same computer as me. And I'll be more than happy to test your game out. Good detail, good graphics, nice atmosphere, that's all a game needs to me.
09/14/2015 10:52 pm
Level 27 : Expert Artist
Creatable
Sign me up!
09/14/2015 10:42 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
xx17
I have seen your earlier posts and i think it looks really cool !, i have a pretty good computer so i could play it fine and im 13 and my irl name is Mark id love to join, BTW i followed you on twitter and faved all of your stuff XD
09/14/2015 8:51 pm
Level 28 : Expert Pirate
HassanPCMR
I would like to test.
IRL name is Hassan.
09/14/2015 8:29 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
erdad101
I'd love to test this game. Sounds pretty cool. Feel free to shoot me a message about it as I'll be glad to help!
09/14/2015 8:07 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
Nakudan
I'm not too sure if you're still interested in Beta Testers but I would love to help you and since I am part of a YT Network I could also help with promotion of the game by giving first looks to increase its popularity but that's only if you still need Beta Testers
09/14/2015 8:01 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragon
ICEThat
It looks great! I'd like to help test it!

I use the name ICEThat on almost everything, if you want my real name I'll PM it to you.
09/14/2015 7:39 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Warrior
MEZZ
Looks great! I will be delighted to test it!
09/14/2015 6:24 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
juggalo101
Hi game looks good so far i would love to help test my laptop is not very good so i don't know how much help i could be but i can try.
09/14/2015 6:23 pm
Level 41 : Master Toast
gltchmstr
I'd love to help with some testing
09/14/2015 6:08 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1279828
[deleted]
09/15/2015 12:01 pm
Lacuna Corporation
I remember seeing you around the thread back when we first started I'd love to get your feedback on the beta build to see how you think it's progressed.

Speaking of which, we still haven't set an exact release date, but the whole team is currently spending several hours every day working on the project. We've been moving some things around and rebuilding existing systems, so it's a lot more basic than the first trailer but the graphics and gameplay are of much higher quality now.
09/14/2015 6:04 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
alan
Dang, i really want to beta test but i don't know if i will have time, my real name is alan
do you think you could add me? i will try to do it whenever i can!
09/14/2015 5:05 pm
Lacuna Corporation
Check out our brand new trailer! Now live at [yt]YBOBF01v5qs[/yt]
09/13/2015 1:26 pm
Lacuna Corporation
Just wanted to quickly bump the thread and remind anyone who is interested that we post regular Twitter updates @LacunaCorp
09/13/2015 9:19 am
Level 32 : Artisan Artist
Spa-Geddy
Hey man! This game looks like it's coming along very well. The graphics look amazing, and the time setting sounds like it will be fun to play in. It looks very promising.

Anywho, I would like to be one of the playtesters for your game. My real name is Geddy. Also, what OS will it run on?
09/13/2015 9:21 am
Lacuna Corporation
We only support Windows currently but it should be pretty straightforward to compile a Mac build as well.
09/13/2015 9:17 am
Level 22 : Expert Network
YTCereal
looks cool. nice done on the graphics.
09/13/2015 9:15 am
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Themindshaper
Looks good id be happy to test it
09/13/2015 8:55 am
Level 1 : New Miner
4T4Gaming
Wow, your game looks really promising.
I would love to test this.
My real name = Rover.

What are the system requirements for your game?

R
09/13/2015 9:16 am
Lacuna Corporation
Great! I haven't really benchmarked anything yet but we will be offering different graphics setting so you can lower the quality if needed. Right now, in the editor, I'm getting over 60FPS but this will increased once I built it to an .exe file. So it is very optimised despite the high-res graphics.
09/13/2015 7:45 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
xXPuffinXx
Oh I read about this a while back when it first started development . It looks great and I'd love to help test!

I didn't know if you wanted my real name or PMC name. Obviously you can see my PMC name to the left, and my real name is Alex.
09/13/2015 8:22 am
Lacuna Corporation
Thanks, I updated the post.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome