Strange lag, but why?

eylih22's Avatar eylih2210/15/11 6:14 pm
1 emeralds 192 8
10/15/2011 10:15 pm
Princess Elemix's Avatar Princess Elemix
Ok so within the past couple of days i have been experiancing very strange lag on single player aswell as multiplayer.

My pc is brand new running a i7 quad 3.8 ghz OC, 16gb ram and a gtx 560 gpu.

So im sure you will agree my pc is well overpowered for minecraft. Its running all other games like dues ex on there highest settings with no problems, its even running fraps perfectly, so why minecraft?

I have tried completly reinstalling it, changing the settings to the lowest and yet its still having lag issues.

Can anyone explain, free cookies if you can.

Thanks.
eylih22
Level 20 : Expert Hunter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/15/2011 10:15 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
Princess Elemix
A bad FPS isn't lag.
10/15/2011 6:25 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
kotor1212
I think i know why ok if its windows 7 i can help you all you need to do for windows 7 is just open task manager go to proscesses (you have to have minecraft running)
then right cllick javaw.exe or something lke that then click priorty then set it at high
if that doesnt work exit the game then go back on again and again its annoying but it helps
hope i help
10/15/2011 6:28 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
cuteygirl
o yay know my laptop time is limited to 4 hours o well
10/15/2011 6:21 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
Deadrat
A little more information on your Minecraft. What texture pack are you using? What res is it? Is it like small lag spikes or overall lag? And what do you mean by "lag" I run MC at 20 FPS and the only time I consider myself to be lagging is when I go below 3 FPS.
10/15/2011 6:24 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
cuteygirl
i nhave the same problem i can run alot more games then minecraft i use no texture pack i get overall lag like a 5 second thing where its super sensitive to turning and some buttons ndont respond
10/15/2011 6:33 pm
Deadrat
Most likely the lag spike of death. If you don't know what it is google it. There are a couple of fixes for it. The main one being the mod named Optifine. It has a fix built into it and it also helps with FPS. If that doesn't work I think there is a wiki on the lag spike of death with solutions (might be wrong I dunno) Sometimes LSOD won't go away. Nobody knows why it's in the game or what causes it but it happens and it's just there. It's like the creepy neighbour that mows you're lawn and then steals your lawn mower.
10/15/2011 7:10 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
brandman
Lag Spike of Death=Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

How? Well we can use algebraic formula's to figure that out. First, create the formula, like so.

LSOD=LSWD

Then subtract on both sides...

LSOD=LSWD
__-O____-W
LSD=LSD

As you can see they both are the same, LSD. Wait... Umm.

:O

10/15/2011 8:47 pm
Deadrat
What is this... I don't even... You are correct. I am wrong you are right. You will always be right. All hail mighty brandman.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome