The Gender-craft Experiment redone:Contribute and be a part.

ImaLittleCreeper's Avatar ImaLittleCreeper12/28/14 4:03 am
1 emeralds 1.5k 19
1/3/2015 7:56 am
WTFshady's Avatar WTFshady
Welcome! I'm ready to take the Gender-Craft experiment to an entirely new fresh level.

For those of you who don't know, 11 months ago I did I little test on the minecraft community (which can be found by clicking here), during which I received an outstanding response of people telling me these outrages sexism abuse stories. I decided the small on the spot experiment I did was not enough to spread the word, so here is the rethought, recreated, more more planned out Gender-craft experiment.

So how can you help?
EVERYONE that helps WILL be credited!
The spoilers below will direct you to what might be the perfect way to help!

Skinners, look here!
I'm looking for multiple variations of the three categories of skins
~Female 'Teen' skin
~Male 'Teen' skin
~Gender-neutral skin

If you are willing to let me use one or more of your skins for this, please reply here with a link to the skin!

Render artists, look here!
I'm looking for renders of the skins, so please reply if you are able to make renders of multiple skins! Please link examples!!

If you've ever experienced video game sexism, look here!
I'm looking for quotes, stories, and incidents explaining just how many cases of sexism happen in video games everyday. Please note I will be crediting you for the quotes, stories, etc. unless you want to remain anonymous. Also, if you have screenshots of these incidents, please do share (make sure they're still PMC safe)!

That's all I need for now, but if you have any ideas of ways you can help, please do share.
ImaLittleCreeper
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/03/2015 7:56 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
You can use my contest skin as the gender neutral skin.
01/03/2015 7:47 am
Level 27 : Expert Dragonborn
okoloto
Use my skins as much as you want
01/03/2015 7:42 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Lad
rotarydial
Bump~
01/02/2015 11:43 am
ImaLittleCreeper
Bump!
12/31/2014 3:34 pm
Level 45 : Master Necromancer
samus0374
I hope this doesn't turn into an Anita Sarkeesian fanfest...
12/31/2014 3:17 pm
ImaLittleCreeper
Thanks for sll your contributions so far! I will be going through and notifying those whose stories, skins, etc. I use once I start the project again.

Bump!
12/29/2014 8:43 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Dragon
Malaionus
I can make a few
12/29/2014 8:30 pm
Level 27 : Expert Blacksmith
StingRay_FTW
-+KawaiiMiku+-

that's not transgender

that's gender neutral

Oh...I thought they were synonyms,my mistake.
12/29/2014 8:25 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Demolitionist
KawaiiMiku
12/29/2014 7:40 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Demolitionist
KawaiiMiku
-nvm I don't want to contribute anymore-
12/28/2014 1:31 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
You can use any of my skins if you want to. I don't have any teen skins, but there are several gender-neutral ones.
12/28/2014 10:52 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Meme
Allergy_Man
I really liked your blog the first time you did this,
if you want anything, I'd be happy to help.
12/28/2014 10:47 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
BossJordan_g
One time I was playing Survival Games on a server. There were all male skins or neutral skins except for one player who had a girl skin on. I recall one guy telling her stupid stuff like "She was eZ" or that "Girls can't play Minecraft." Other guys started joining in at this point. "Girls suck at video games, or anything that guys can do better!" "Everyone, go for her first!" I was getting angry at this point. It was very cruel and immature of these people. I told everyone on the server that men and women are equal to one another, and one's gender does not define how good they are at something. They didn't listen to me, and said "Aww you're sticking up with your girlfriend? I guess that's all girl's are good for." That set me off. I looked at her and said, "Team?" Everyone in the arena looked at us. I knew who they were going after now. She responded yes to me. That was one of the greatest games of SG ever, we won, and the sexists shut up.
12/28/2014 10:37 am
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
Feel free to use some of my skins, most of them are male but I think I have a few gender-neutral.

Also, what do you mean by Renders? Like say a group of teen girl skins, then a group of male skins then some neutral skins in 3 different Renders? I can most likely make you some Renders with C4D when theres some more skins xD
12/28/2014 10:02 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Cowboy
Star
ahh feel free to use any of my skins, if you'd like ; v ; i have a buttload of female 'teen' skins in the older pages if you'd want to take a look at those? and here's a male teen skin i guess, aha: http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/req ... elly_toon/
there are a few 'gender neutral' skins floating around too, i'm just not exactly sure what you'd like to use.
12/28/2014 7:22 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
tommerbob
i have a few old skins i made a while back i'll see if i can find 'em

edit: i found them, put them in azip and now on media fire:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/la98w ... /skins.zip
12/28/2014 6:13 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
CBCB Dropyonder
I have made numerous skins on my pmc account, but for some reason, I cannot login to it. It's name was/is Dropyonder (also my minecraft username) SO you can use them. If you would like me to physically send them to you, I would be happy, as they are still saved to my computer
12/28/2014 4:57 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Lad
rotarydial
I'm happy for you to use any of my skins for this, in fact I'd be happy to create new skins n-n
If you need a link to any that I've made that are VERY generic and teen-y, I'd be happy to post those here c:
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome