This is the first two chapters from my book(WARNING:Unedited)

Iron_Works's Avatar Iron_Works6/8/19 3:29 pm history
6/10/2019 8:59 pm
GoggleD0GG's Avatar GoggleD0GG
CHAPTER ONE

James had once been The High Fire Wizard. He had aided in the battle of darkness, however, He fell in battle to a warrior of shadow. Humanity fell and was left plagued to perpetual twilight.

“Ugh, w-w-what happened.” James awoke upon the field he battled on five years earlier. He studied the landscape. The air stood cold. There was an atypical fog in the air. The fog was thick enough to block out the night sky and even the grass beneath James’ feet.

He subconsciously extended out his hand, giving way for a ball of fire to be born. The air screeched as if it was a living thing. James was baffled as to why fire appeared. He couldn’t recall the battle. He couldn’t remember much of anything. Once more, he stretched out his hands.

An immense blast of fire exploded from his hands comparable to a dragon raining destruction from its mouth.

The fog gave way. He could glimpse stars for a few mere seconds. However, the darkness came back as soon as it had left. Yet again he danced his hands around like a child playing. A massive forcefield of fire stopped the black fog, but at once began to fail.

A squall of wind plucked him off the ground. He could see endless black. It appeared as if the emptiness of the night sky was brought to the ground.

James caught the sight of an island unaffected. There were torches and small huts. There was a modest stone one constructed resembling a castle. He wished to go to that island. He subconsciously slowed the wind. James landed softly upon the ground as a circle appeared beside him in the ground. The circle had an image in it showing the streets of the island James wanted to go to. He put his finger on the image, and it went straight through. The image rippled like a stone thrown into water. he tripped on a rock and fell through.

They remained transfixed upon him. The civilians were speaking to him in a language he did not understand. “Hello, I am James Jorkin, I come in peace.” Once more the populace was speaking to him in a language that sounded like turkeys warbling. James snapped his fingers and suddenly they began to make sense. “Who are you?” the people asked. “I am James jorkin high wizard of the fire elementals and storm elementals,” James said, without even thinking. “We don’t like you because you wear weird red robes.” “So just because I conjure magic you don’t like me?” he again did not think about speaking, his memories controlled his mouth; helping him to remember “You know magic?” the civilians asked him. James focused his mind and extended his hands out towards the dark fog. Wind and rain gushed from his hands.

The people applauded him and bowed. “We have one like you. The land bows to her.”

“Do you know her name?” “yes, she calls herself jenny.”

“Mm hmm I understand.” Odd, James thought, the high wizardess of earth is here. “Do you worship her?”
“Yes, sir she makes the dark stay away.” James yet again withdrew to his thoughts. These people are crazy but then again, I was regifted life. Perhaps I can return the islands to their previous form. With that thought, James found himself slipping through an image to a dark isle.

CHAPTER TWO

In which sleeping dogs lie

Rotting bodies sat, not altogether whole, around James; yet they would not rot completely in this strange fog. James gave birth to a ball of fire upon his hand. the air screeched once more, leaving James utterly confused. “AAEEEIIGH.” A faint orange light was just a few feet away.

He strode towards the light, only to find that the fire was dying. Oil is what kept the fire alive. He was beginning to become used to what he could do. He found the great saucer of ancient oil. He lit the saucer on fire. “AAAAAEEEIIGH.” The air around James dissipated in a minor way. Memories came back to him in flashes. He now knew that only two saucers were left. James somehow sensed unlit torches on the isle. He lit every single torch without getting near them.

Silvery tendrils of a peculiar light would pass him every now and then. He came across the next saucer by accident. The heavens made a tumultuous roar, as the sky visibly started cracking like a spiderweb. The cracks let a multitude of magical drops fall. The drops rained into the saucer. James rested his hands in the liquid. It caught into a blaze of fire. More torches lit, and the sky became clearer. The night sky became slightly visible through the muck of the fog. He saw the last saucer. It still had its magic oil. He lit it. the air seemed to die. AAAAEEEEEEIIIGGHH. The air was clear. He could see the stars. He was happy.

Until he noticed the ghosts. He was dumbfounded, he never believed in ghosts. He believed Oh thank you James we really appreciate that. We can finally take form. Oh, here’s my body. Hello old me. James stared at his old apprentice. Oh, sorry that’s right you’ve never seen a ghost before. James knew there was the possibility of ghosts, but he never believed it. thanks for teaching us our magic but when we died well I’m sure you remember the explosion of escaping magic when we die. James didn’t remember but he tried hard to remember. He blacked out into memory

come on guys just let your will go. Lose all your will and your magic will come, naturally. James was fighting five dark wizards at once. Just don’t try, just don’t try. If you do that the elemental magic will flow. One of them did as they were told and won the battle instantaneously. The rest seeing that it would work did the same and joined James in the battle against the other wizards. One of the shadow elementals got a good shot at Nicholas and killed him. The corpse fell to the ground skin becoming sunken and skin turning yellow. The dead elemental exploded with pure magic energy. Red white blue and yellow light flew toward his murderer. The murderer died. His body turned to ash and made the darkness thicker.
James woke up wondering why he had that sudden memory. Ah I see that your memory isn’t there master let me tell you the shadow elementals won and killed themselves. That pure black fog is alive. As they died they used the magic they never shared with us. When a shadow elemental is born, a spell is cast upon them so that when they die their soul will tear in two. One half will go on to the afterlife and the other will join the nearest inanimate object. Technically we won but since the shadow elementals died, they went into the dark fog they created. Their magic didn’t explode, and instead their inner magic was cast into their darkness. That fog is full of shadow magic. only light will part it and when you part it you will hear many screams, finished the ghost. So how come when I died I didn’t die. Ah that was me I put you into a sleep of death. When you died your soul still hadn’t left your body. Me being a ghost I don’t have fire magic anymore. I have ghost magic woo hooray for that anyways I made it to where you would not rot or die, instead you would freeze. When you woke up did it feel cold around you? uhm yes. Did you feel staticky like lightning struck you? yes. Ahh then my plan worked. I got a friendly storm elemental to put a small hex on you, when you unfroze you were to be struck with lightning. Go lay down in your body. Why should I, said a defiant Nicholas. Do it or I will hex your spirit for eternal burning. Ok yes, my sensei. Nicholas laid down in his body. James snapped his fingers. fire zoomed to Nicholas’s dead body and remade him where there was nothing but bone. He snapped his fingers once more and this time Nicholas’s dead body fiery-liquid-body was struck by lightning. Nicholas the ghost started to become sucked into his dead body. The body gasped. Hello Nicholas. Nicholas did not respond, instead he stared at nothing with glassy eyes. James snapped his fingers once more lightning struck him but this time on the liquid-fire bits of him. The liquid-fire became electrically charged. He gasped again this time his eyes became less glassy. Why did you do that James, said an agitated Nicholas. Well I thought it would be nice to have added help when getting rid of the darkness. Nicholas stared at him very angrily
Iron_Works
Level 13 : Journeyman Blacksmith