My thoughts on mapping and MInecraft dying out

RadiantGaming's Avatar RadiantGaming7/5/16 10:51 am
7/6/2016 8:18 pm
Lysanderr's Avatar Lysanderr
Yes, I know it's a strange title.

Now to give you guys some context, I've been into mapping for years. I've made quite a few maps, mostly focused on PvP. I haven't posted all of them, but that's besides the point. But a couple months ago, I realised that I really loved creating things like animations, music and in particular, video games. Even as a little kid I would make these weird paper game things. Once I got Minecraft, I realised command blocks were a thing, and started spending all my time messing with them. Admittedly I've never actually beat Minecraft legit, because whenever I play Minecraft I'm either messing with command blocks or playing on Mineplex.

But recently, I've felt like Minecraft is getting a lot less relevant. When I searched "Minecraft" in Google Trends, I can tell from the graphs that interest in Minecraft has been slowly declining. So my next thought is what happens when it dies out completely? I mean, I love making games, but if no one's there to see the stuff I make, to praise it or to criticise it, it takes an awful lot of fun out of it. So I've been considering other alternatives like using RPG Maker or making CSGO maps. But at the same time I feel Minecraft mapping gives me more freedom to do what I want.

And what's the point? Well, there isn't really a point. I just want to hear whatever anyone might want to say about this.
RadiantGaming
Level 21 : Expert Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/06/2016 8:18 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Mlem Mlem Bat
Lysanderr
Realm of Lothiredon
My (female) friend and I are trying to make a bit of a change. We are working hard on an RPG-server, better than Wynncraft (that's a pretty big mess, the whole map is illogical).

I would honestly love to see the finished product. There don't seem to be many servers like that.

---

I agree with all of these posts. I've been playing Minecraft since I was 12. I made a bunch of friends my age when I first started playing but we all got older and they stopped playing. These days, Minecraft appeals to mainly younger kids and its getting harder to find people my age(16). Pretty soon I'm gonna be an adult and its gonna be considered weird for me to be playing a game with so many little kids o.o But I don't really see myself playing Minecraft in two years. I haven't even moved to 1.9. I still have a slight interest in the game but its just not as fun as it used to be.
07/05/2016 2:29 pm
Level 45 : Master Engineer
usa
I dont know, i looked at the google trends and minecraft looks like it has extremely consistent interest across the board. minor fluctuations, but thats it. may 2016 was the lowest searched its ever been since february of 2012, but now in july 2016, even with only partial data (we're only 5 days into july), minecraft is doing very well.
07/05/2016 1:38 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Latiodile
Realm of LothiredonI get what you mean. Point is, it's because some stuff gets a little err, repetitive.

*cough*factions*cough*
07/05/2016 12:59 pm
Level 49 : Master Architect
Lothiredon
I get what you mean. Point is, it's because some stuff gets a little err, repetitive. All servers do is push out minigames that are all the same anyways - be it Prison, KitPvP, SG, and the list goes on.
My (female) friend and I are trying to make a bit of a change. We are working hard on an RPG-server, better than Wynncraft (that's a pretty big mess, the whole map is illogical). Also, what Bear_ said is true as well. I am currently 18, she is 21. The age-group doesn't shift along unfortunately, but we managed to find a group of people who are roughly the same age, or act like they are.

Maybe try and find some friends who are your age too? It'll help you see that the game isn't dying out. It's still growing rapidly, who knows what the future holds.
07/05/2016 12:07 pm
Level 47 : Master Bear
Bear_
First off, my compliments towards this well written post.

Then, the 'Dying' Minecraft game, or community, unsure what you would label it, is more of an illusion than the truth. I've had the same issue, but I figured out that the people I loved building with, all quit the game. I'm old, and the average age of a minecraft player (not to confuse with maturity) is 15. When you get older, and the average age doesn't rise, it just feels like the game dies, whilst in reality it isn't the case.

Also, what I found (and find) annoying is the repetitive tasks I got stuck in. Just like you, I loved dedicating my Minecraft time to one, sometimes two, things: Building. Don't get stuck at one thing, is my advice. To put it in my personal perspective; I currently build, have my own survival (vanilla) community, make graphics, and play plenty of other games. Yes, sometimes it is simply impossible to do all these things on the same day, however, on the long term it gave me a much better overall experience.

What I recommend you doing is not quit building and creating Minecraft content. Instead, go make an RPG Game or CSGO map as well. I don't say you should do this right now, but do it on occasions. Feel like Minecraft? Play Minecraft. Feel like something different? Work on your RPG Game for a bit.

I hope this gave some sort've an inside, opinion and advice towards the dying game as well as Minecraft Mapping. Cheers
07/05/2016 12:52 pm
RadiantGaming
Well, yeah. But I guess something I should've mentioned is none of my friends actually play Minecraft anymore. I used to have a whole group of friends and we would go on PvP servers and destroy everyone. But now they either all moved on to other things or stopped gaming altogether. And honestly I can't really find much fun in playing Minecraft if there's no one to play it with.
07/05/2016 11:19 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Pines
we need more meme based maps

!!!
07/05/2016 12:43 pm
RadiantGaming
on it
07/05/2016 11:11 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Imposter
QUENTOPOLIS1
Well, you could make CSGO maps in minecraft and make a cool mechanism that makes it like the game and have a neat texture pack. I would play that and it combines everything you've said above. =P
07/05/2016 12:44 pm
RadiantGaming
i frequently play a minigame on mineplex called minestrike. its csgo in minecraft basically.
07/05/2016 12:47 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Imposter
QUENTOPOLIS1
I know, I play it all the time. =P
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome