home Forumsplay_arrow Discussions play_arrow General

Tips to help me improve being a server co-owner

1 emeralds12 replies164 views
created 04/29/2013 5:36 pm by PURE0WNAGE
last reply 04/29/2013 9:12 pm
Hello everyone!,

I'm currently a co-owner on a server right now and I want to improve my co-owner skills or stuff like that. Please leave your suggestions in the comments or whatever it is. I
V
Thanks for your time,

PURE0WNAGE
Posted by avatar
PURE0WNAGE
Level 14 : Journeyman Architect

comment Login or register to post a reply.

12 replies

04/29/2013 6:18 pm
PURE0WNAGE
Woody239
PURE0WNAGEHello everyone!,

I'm currently a co-owner on a server right now and I want to improve my co-owner skills or stuff like that. Please leave your suggestions in the comments or whatever it is. I
V
Thanks for your time,

PURE0WNAGE

You can practice on me. My role is someone who is begging for stuff. Say what you'd say, and say the commands you'd use.

Me: Why cant I be crative? I want crative! If u dnt giv me crative ill hack ur server!
No? I cant hav crative unles im admn? fin, ill play surval, how do i make crafing tabel?
*/makemeadmin Nooblet001
[Denied Access to command]
*tries over and over, 10 times*
Y WNT IT WRK! I WANT ADMIN! I HAT SURVAL MOD!

Your reply?

Ok man slow down please make sure you have read the rules and understand them and creative is not something you ask for its something you earn if you refuse to listen to me i WILL kick you
I hope its good
04/29/2013 6:16 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
PURE0WNAGEHello everyone!,

V
Thanks for your time,

PURE0WNAGE

You can practice on me. My role is someone who is begging for stuff. Say what you'd say, and say the commands you'd use.

Me: Why cant I be crative? I want crative! If u dnt giv me crative ill hack ur server!
No? I cant hav crative unles im admn? fin, ill play surval, how do i make crafing tabel?
*/makemeadmin Nooblet001
[Denied Access to command]
*tries over and over, 10 times*
Y WNT IT WRK! I WANT ADMIN! I HAT SURVAL MOD!

Your reply?
04/29/2013 6:12 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
billybojo
I see. Well just make sure that you aren't the annoying co-owner who has power-trips, and always TRY to contact your owner before making any major decisions.
04/29/2013 6:07 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
billybojo
Take charge! Keep your staff in-line and give them objectives when you have things that need to be done. Don't be rude or harsh, just let them know that they are part of the staff to help. Another thing you should do a lot of is *ahem* advertise V
04/29/2013 6:09 pm
PURE0WNAGE
true true but our server isnt quite ready for players yet i need to learn these tips before we open it up
04/29/2013 6:04 pm
Level 25 : Expert Engineer
LiquidChildren1
Build things. I hate server staff that don't engage the people, and don't make interesting things.
04/29/2013 6:07 pm
PURE0WNAGE
welllll im pretty bad at building though
04/29/2013 9:12 pm
Level 25 : Expert Engineer
LiquidChildren1
Well, still, be engaging to the people. Participate with the users, help build houses or whatever. Don't be that strict admin that is just there and is a jerk. We had a few of those, and no one likes em. Stay by the rules, but there's no need to be a shut in about it
04/29/2013 5:49 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
Try to be as helpful as possible. Always offer to be the one to build stuff for people, but keep it to a limit. I used to have an admin on my server who was the person who would build anything for ANYONE. He built houses for people made completely of valuable blocks. (Iron, Gold, Diamonds, Emeralds, Lapis Lazuli)

At the same time, if it is a Bukkit server, try to study as much of the plugins as you can. That way, if any mod/admin is having trouble with it, you can teach them.

Most of all, be nice. Compliment people's builds, no matter how plain and original they look. And sometimes, leave an Anonymous surprise in the chests of some people. (Put a piece or two of gold, iron, or even diamond in the person's chest, with an anonymous note in a book and quill. [Don't sign the book, but change the name of it in an anvil])

Being nice isn't not punishing people who break the rules. You don't have to be strict, for example, if there's a no griefing/raiding rule, and someone opens a door to someone's house, you don't have to ban, tempban, or even kick them. Just tell them not to do it again. And if they do, just jail them for a few minutes. Also, don't ban them if you see them using a mod. If they're using a flying mod, you can just tell them to stop. Some people (I use the term "Some" loosely) will listen and stop. Others won't. (X-Ray included) If you catch them doing it again, temporarily ban them for a day or two.

I hope this helped. By following this, you will be very popular and well-known on the server.
04/29/2013 5:39 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
keepablock
Well what are you looking to improve on? There's a whole ton of things that a co-owner does.
04/29/2013 5:54 pm
PURE0WNAGE
anything
04/29/2013 5:39 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Sibogy
Be Fair, Be Strict On Rules. Do NOT Pick Favorites, And Be Kind To Everyone.

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome