Too many Kids.

Tekietee's Avatar Tekietee7/30/12 5:34 am
7/30/2012 10:10 am
scidoo's Avatar scidoo
For the longest time, I had only played on my friends whitelisted server with all my friends I know from real life. (For those who were wondering our age group is 16-18).
I think it was 3 months ago when I first played another Minecraft server, other than my friends private server. That is when I realized that most kids who play minecraft are around 12. You get that rare 15 year old every here and there.

I'm not here to rip on little kids, some are awesome. However, a lot tend to be loud, hyper, and just rather annoying -spamming to get the admins attention and what not.

I just wanted to know, if I was the only one to experience so many little kids? Or if everyone else sees a bunch of youngins, both alright or annoying, around.

-Once again, this is not a thread to rip on kids. But to just figure out why so many play, besides the obvious cheap game price, because there are many actually FREE games to play. So why MineCraft?
Tekietee
Level 14 : Journeyman Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/30/2012 10:10 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Taco
scidoo
LOL thanks!!

I don't spam or nothin!

People call me good builders,I even get staff sometimes!!

im da baws!
07/30/2012 10:05 am
Level 20 : Expert Artist
Veeshy
Of course there's gonna be young players, aslong as they play nice i will respect them.
07/30/2012 9:59 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Mage
Bing123456789
I agree, I was once on a server full of kids they we're so impatient and kept spawn killing and calling each other pussy's and asking admin for free diamonds
("I can has fr33 diamondz plox?") ("plz admin plz plz plz plz plz plz") and
("why can't I have a good kit tools?!?!??!") ("GIMMEOPORSERVERGETSSPAM") ("Heya I am from PMC op me!")
07/30/2012 8:51 am
Tekietee
I personally own my own server, and I feel like the greatest function is the ban feature.
It is a very un-unique and very much appreciated command. hehe.

But no really, I just hate it when people come on and expect OP or admin or w/e, -From any age. Its like hey, I see you have a full staff, and you're very strict at who even gets to be staff in the first place. I built this one thing, on this other server that you cant see.. Can I have Creative pl0xx.
Lol no? /ban!

But seriously. I feel like AvatarAcid has spoken the best words so far.
Griefers are griefers. and Annoying Trolls and spammers will come and go, at any age.
You just have to weed through the weirdos to get the valuable players that you want to spend countless hours with.
07/30/2012 8:23 am
Level 32 : Artisan Geek
TheMasterBlaster
I Have To Agree With You, It Seems Most MinerCrafters That I See Are 8-15, But Now And Then I Will See A 16-18 Year Old MineCrafter. Now Im 18 Myself And Trying To Deal With 10-30 Little Kids Randomly Playing Kinda Takes The Fun Out Of Playing On Line. Normally Its Not That Bad But It Seems A Lot Of The Server Owners Anymore Are Little Kids As Well. But What Can Ya Do, Minecraft Seems To Be Really Popular With The Little Ones.
07/30/2012 8:20 am
Level 36 : Artisan Nether Knight
HellOnBlocks
Average age on my server is about 30 so its a lot of old skool trash talk with tons of building and mining adventures, good times

We only had one issue where a player wasn't quite doing the right thing, he was about your average aged young MineCraft player. The issues with the behaviour were calmly explained to him without any over reacting(its a game after all) and we haven't had any issues since.

Griefers are griefers, you'll get them at any age, just get rid of them ASAP. I believe at any age you'll come across decent enough MineCrafters.
07/30/2012 8:07 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Unicorn
R3DT4ILH4WK
ok 1 thing i'm 11 around 12 like you said but i play minecraft because its just fun to play for me i dont really like first person shooters like call of duty i like minecraft because i let out creativity and also because of survival and you can play with your friends and make it all fun
07/30/2012 8:03 am
Level 35 : Artisan Dragon
Clue
Just a few confusions into the purpose of the thread.
07/30/2012 8:01 am
Level 28 : Expert Scribe
Xamboldore
As 13, I am often frowned upon when I join a server, and that can leave me really annoyed. Sometimes, I feel like I need to prove myself, and no matter how much I'd do, people still thought lowly of me. I was once told that "I hold well for a 13 year old."
While this was meant as a compliment, I felt as if people immediately judged.

Why do people judge?
As always, there are the select few who are bad, and the select few who like to advertise that EVERYONE that age is bad. So, when I joined my favourite server, I was treated as just another player, and I still use that server, it's still successful, and it's awesome.

I think that while 'kids' can be annoying, if you pay close attention to the names in the chat, it's the same people.
07/30/2012 7:42 am
Level 34 : Artisan Prince
Shanery
Oh god why. You know this is an obvious flame thread.
07/30/2012 8:02 am
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
There's no flaming yet.
07/30/2012 8:17 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Architect
Logic_Craft
It's flaming now that you said something. OHSNAP.jpg (I'm just kidding by the way.)
07/30/2012 7:40 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Engineer
Own
I admit i'm twelve, but sometimes people think i'm older because of my behavior and my spelling. I do not spam/troll/grief, and i do not understand the people that does it. Because after all, they hate to be griefed themselves.
07/30/2012 7:35 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Architect
Dougy282
Being 14 years old is like a curse! Im halfway between the immature children and the mature and sensible 'elders'. The only thing that makes me seem older, if I do seem older is the fact that I use proper grammar. Although one thing that does annoy me which is not all the kids its some though they do this:

Kid: owner give me creative im a good builder
Owner: You have to show me your a good builder first then I will consider it
Kid: im really good building look at what i built
Owner looks and is not impressed.
Owner: Sorry mate but I am looking for higher standards then this. This is good keep building and eventually you get better.
Kid: ok

The next day
kid: owner i built a mansion come look
Owner looks isnt impressed again.
Kid: can i have creative im good builder now
Owner: /ban Kid Stop being a beg!
07/30/2012 7:27 am
Clue
I am 74, and I personally have no problem with youngsters. They remind me of no one in particular.
07/30/2012 7:21 am
Level 39 : Artisan Warrior
Pinkie_Pie12570
I am 11, But I have encountered many 12-14 year olds much more immature then me.
07/30/2012 7:19 am
Level 38 : Artisan Spider Rider
BabolatBoss
I have made a lot of friends while playing Minecraft. Although I am only twelve, I don't act like I'm twelve. People respect me like I am their age. I have skyped with a kid before and we were playing the Hunger Games. He said he was like 11 or something.
When I was playing with him for like 10 minutes, I could hear his mom saying something like to come outside and he has to go or something. And so the kid says ok I'll be right there. So I ask you got to go? And the kid is like nope. So I'm like what? And I ask, are you going to go? Nope, I NEVER DO!! So I hang up and delete him from my contact. *facepalm*

I also had another friend I had for a long time, we skyped and he was 20.

I think that we have a lot of haters hating on young kids that are younger than them because not much old people are supposed to play Minecraft. I think it is made for smaller kids because the game is so simple. And sorry for using the term, "hate" Make that a little but less hateful.

I know how you feel.
07/30/2012 7:18 am
Level 1 : New Miner
jared0261
Well to tell the truth I'm eleven.
And I have met loads of people in Minecraft and 75% of them are around 10-13.
But most of them are very mature and do not spam in the game (just build rubbish stuff XD) so I'm here to tell there's no way of dodging them.
Thank you for reading this
07/30/2012 7:10 am
Level 30 : Artisan Grump
Tinytinka
I do know what you mean by all of this, most of the 11/12 year olds on many servers that I go on will be spamming chat and asking for admin, they don't build the best structures but you will have to deal with them.
I am 13 and even I get annoyed by the 11/12 year olds, they just bug me.

[EDIT] But some older people do that aswell.
07/30/2012 7:06 am
Tekietee
I never said I hate playing with little kids.
I've made some really good friends, who you would never guess are like 12.

I just said its amazing how many youngins there actually is in comparison to any other game you'd actually have to put money into.

And yes... There are those annoying spammer ones. But you can be annoying and spam at any age. Its just more likely to happen, naturally, when you're young.
07/30/2012 7:04 am
Clue
-_-
That is all I can say.
07/30/2012 7:02 am
Level 21 : Expert Archer
abandonedaccount1234
well its awesome but im 11 but i still hate it when they spam and be annoying and no its a game and maby you should do something else if your so botherd by it and reply i want a conersation to u
07/30/2012 7:00 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Sweetheart
Jas
Minecraft is a game for all ages to play. You might not like everyone you end up playing with, but you'll just have to get used to that. I see what you mean about the hypo-active little kids, but they have as much right to play as you do. If you don't wish to leave that server for another, see if they have muting facilities and if so, just mute the annoying people. If not, make it a suggestion.

~Tight
07/30/2012 6:59 am
Level 22 : Expert Dragon
TheSurvival
minecraft is for everyone, no restriced acces, (no gore, no blood) so it's for all ages resulting into many kids playing it.
Notch should put the game be 16+ lawl
07/30/2012 7:04 am
Level 21 : Expert Archer
abandonedaccount1234
no you idiot we payed for it so back off and leave it if u dont want us on it ass
07/30/2012 6:55 am
Level 26 : Expert Ranger
Revolver_Ocelot
You can't prevent them from playing it, it's all ages god forbid they play that disc filled with feces called "call of duty" the point it GET OVER IT So there are kids DEAL WITH IT
07/30/2012 6:43 am
Clue
Exurbia, they are not "angry" or "irritated" or planning a massive revolt, they are just sharing their tales of initial shock.
07/30/2012 6:56 am
Clue
Just replace Exurbia with Shweegan,
07/30/2012 6:22 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Elf
Exurbia
Minecraft is an all ages game, get used to playing with kids.
07/30/2012 6:32 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Fire_Bolt12
Thank you exurbia, I understand everyone elses complaints about some kids spamming and whatnot but it Is a all ages game. sometimes you will find some 12 years olds that will act maturely so just try to find servers with these people and you should be just fine. the real problem isn't the age but the spammers and hackers in general.

P.S. I am a 12 year old player
07/30/2012 6:20 am
Level 28 : Expert Nerd
Death_Butter
I'm on a serve I'm like one of the youngest probably and on it some one around my age was admin and this server isn't that hyper that's cause it's off PMC and its gotten griefed a lot but the server was remade
07/30/2012 6:18 am
Tekietee
TikeRike
Every kid will have played Runescape at some time..

They should play it.. and stay there.. Till they are ready for the real world lmao.
07/30/2012 6:07 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
TikeRike
TekieteeI guess I've just had it easy. I was playing Zelda, Spyro, Final Fantasy, and stuff like that until I was at least 10. And then I played RuneScape for way to long, like every other kid.

Every kid will have played Runescape at some time..
07/30/2012 6:04 am
Level 29 : Expert Network
Oni__
It usually depends on servers you play on, my old server ((Land of ancients)) had a relative mix of young and older kids, when the owner had to get on with other stuff and it closed down most younger kids left so when it re-opened it had mostly older kids.
07/30/2012 5:50 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Mountaineer
DesuMotoko
The first time I tried to play on a public server I stuck on it until it shut down a few months later. I teamed up with a guy and we set off to build an outpost that turned into our base. We were the two oldest people on the server, him 32 and me 20. All we did was mine and build more, tearing down mountains for room. Meanwhile, some kid bandits kept tormenting everyone else, and nobody else really seemed to do much grandeur to their work.

Anyways, I suppose because their parents don't reject it as it's relatively calm game. When I was that age, trying to buy any videogame with my mom around was like trying to expatriate from the US.
07/30/2012 6:04 am
Tekietee
What an unexpected, but well appreciated reply.
I am only just about to turn 18 myself. But I had no idea how many youngins actually played this game. Its almost kind of scary lol.

I guess I've just had it easy. I was playing Zelda, Spyro, Final Fantasy, and stuff like that until I was at least 10. And then I played RuneScape for way to long, like every other kid.

When I was 12 I was actually given Guild Wars. When I was 15 I ran a guild, which for some reason everyone that plays GW is 25-40, which is nice. Great community. But anyways! I was running a guild with people twice my age, and they respected me.
Now I come to MineCraft and I cant imagine them doing that at all.

Perhaps different breeds? Heh
07/30/2012 6:39 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Mountaineer
DesuMotoko
Well, in the scheme of things, Minecraft is quite an easy game. To progress in it doesn't require great amounts of skill. Where as most games are about skill or strategy, Minecraft is more about creativity. Once you take a few creeper explosions, you learn your way around the technical parts.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome