home Forumsplay_arrow Discussions fiber_manual_record General

Trying to add an intro video to my videos... ARRRGGGGG!

1 emerald6 replies89 views
created 08/17/2018 6:21 pm by DreamBliss
last reply 08/21/2018 2:40 am
OK, so I am currently using Blueberry FBX for screen capture. I have to use the software encoder, high quality. This seems to translate into [email protected] - whatever the heck that is.

I have Open Broadcaster Studio. I can't use it, unless I do my let's play series with the title bar showing. WHO WANTS THAT?!! If I ty to capture the Minecraft window every...thing...slowwwws...downnnnn.....

I can't use Bandicam or Action! or any paid software because I am a starving artist. Thinking about eating the dog for supper...

I can't use CamStudio because it is the biggest load of crap in the whole universe. The only thing worse would be dental surgery with power tools...

Darn slow computer...

OK, so I have Shot Cut, OpenShot and VSDC for video editing. AND I MADE A COOL 20 SECOND INTRO VIDEO! YAH!!! Here's what I need some help understanding, from those of you that record your Minecraft gameplay and add intro videos...

I assume you don't want to spend hours and hours reprocessing a video that you captured. You also don't want to use settings that are higher than what you captured, or lower. You probably, like me, want to keep the quality consistent until it is uploaded to YouTube... Or Vimeo if you're THAT person...

So what do you do? What is your process, that you have streamlined over time, that works consistently for you and that doesn't take 8 hours to complete a 30 minute video?

Is there another free video editor you use? Another free capture program? DO NOT RECOMMEND FRAPS! If I hear one person mention FRAPS I will come to your house with a water canon and... You get the picture. FREE, as in FREE, no time limits, date stamps, forced social media connectivity, etc.

Breathe... Just breath... Take a deep breath in... And release....

OK, maybe you use Shotcut, Openshot or VSDC. What are your export settings? Any tips for the n00b in town? Got the adding clips, fades, music, etc. figured out for the most part. But Shotcut has SO MANY export options it makes my head spin.

I just want to do the highest quality work I can on an Intel i3 quad core laptop with 6 gigs of RAM. That's not asking too much, is it?

Thanks for your help!
Posted by avatar
DreamBliss
Level 10 : Journeyman Architect

6 replies

08/20/2018 4:55 am
Level 10 Journeyman Architect
DreamBliss
Hey thank you all for your replies! Kod3ntz - adding you.
08/19/2018 8:23 am
Level 21 Expert Architect
Kod3ntz
Got discord? I'm willing to help you. You can add me at Kod3ntz#1530
08/18/2018 8:33 am
Level 9 Apprentice Engineer
bloxmaster0811
i used to use camtasia studio 9. it costs some money but there are ways round not having to pay. It also comes with a built in screen recorder
08/18/2018 8:22 am
Level 3 Apprentice Miner
piglygamer
do you have discord if so give me it because im more comfortable talking on that and i can help you
08/21/2018 2:40 am
Level 10 Journeyman Architect
DreamBliss
I have Discord. PM me your tag and I will add you.
08/17/2018 7:09 pm
Level 50 Grandmaster Grump
Azie
If you have an NVIDIA GPU, you could use Shadowplay to capture gameplay.

I personally used Windows Movie Maker to edit my videos. It's not ideal, but it's certainly free and does what it needs to do.

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2018
planetminecraft.com

Welcome