Fireflye's Avatar Fireflye5/17/19 11:51 pm
8 emeralds 1.1k 63
5/30/2019 10:31 pm
Acier's Avatar Acier
the title is self explainitory.

Poll ended 05/22/2019 11:51 pm.

Fireflye
Level 29 : Expert Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/30/2019 7:36 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
I agree vaccines are good, but this is seriously just a circlejerk. Nearly all the comments are bashing on antivaxxers, making the same old tired antivax jokes, and a few of the same reasons for why you should vaccinate. There's a few good posts that show evidence and studies, but those are the exception, and even then they're nothing new. If someone still believes vaccines are bad despite all the evidence showing they're not, then we're not gonna change their mind by yelling at them and congratulating each other on how we listen to our doctors.
05/30/2019 10:31 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Professor
Acier
that hit hard
05/30/2019 3:49 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Waffle
polkadotstingray
Your immune system is a complex army of billions of cells. Macrophage and Neutrophile (Soldiers), Dendritic cells (Intelligence), and B-cells. (Weapon factories) (the immune system is way, way more complicated than this.) everyday, you're attacked countless times, but your immune soldiers usually deal with that, so you don't even notice. If an infection becomes serious though, our intelligence cells gather intel about the attackers, and activate our weapon factories. Antibodies. They are targeted missiles produced specifically to combat the invader. Unfortunately, this process takes several days to complete. That gives intruders a lot of time to do damage. Our bodies really don't want to fight serious wars over and over, so our immune system came up with an ingenious way to get stronger and stronger over time. If we fight an enemy that is dangerous enough to trigger our heavy weapons, our immune system automatically creates memory cells. Memory cells remain in our body for years, in a deep sleep. They do nothing but remember. when an enemy attacks for a second time, they awaken. and order coordinated attacks and the production of antibodies. This is so effective, that many of the infections you beat once will never make you sick again. Vaccines are a way to trick our body into making more memory cells, and becoming immune to a disease. I hope this helped you understand better!
05/30/2019 3:31 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
MyNameAintJake
Im totally for vaccines, but my mom is anti vaxx and I am not old enough to get myself vaccinated. Wish me luck.
05/30/2019 7:41 pm
Level 29 : Expert Cake
Fireflye
Best of luck sir!
05/22/2019 6:55 am
Level 80 : Elite Artist
Schmueles
I drink vaccines for lunch and snack on cookies from the ground.
05/21/2019 7:16 pmhistory
Level 1 : New Miner
JaxOnThat
Oh yeah, polio's gone now that we have a vaccine for it. Gee, I wonder why? I mean, the vaccine OBVIOUSLY was bad, right?

Shouldn't even be a question.
05/21/2019 6:23 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Artist
ebbony
05/21/2019 11:16 pm
Acier
if vaccines are so good then why aren't they mentioned in the bible? >:(
05/30/2019 7:26 pm
LightlySaltedBuilder
Because the bible really isn't a good source of scientific information.
05/30/2019 8:21 pm
Acier
'Twas a joke
05/22/2019 6:20 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
Not related to vaccines but related to the bible, there's this story of a guy collecting 100 "male parts" to appease a king and woo his daughter in the bible.
The bible is now R18+
05/21/2019 4:25 pm
Level 82 : Elite Architect
Ray_Savage
If any of you are research gurus, take the time to dig deep into the medical archives (may need access), you will see that a lot of the studies saying vaccines cause autism and other things, they have no data to support their arguments, but were opinionated on the internet and gained momentum and now people believe them. I won't say myself whether or not vaccines all terrible, of course they have side effects like everything else does, but it can be hard for some to decide if it outways the cons. I myself knowing a few people who got sick from certain diseases and almost died (and where not vaccinated against them), have been fully vaccinated myself because I'd rather not go through what they went through. Doesn't mean I haven't had issues with it. I do well with vaccines...except the flu! Makes me sick every year, and sometimes I get the flu a few months later even if I got the flu shot!
05/22/2019 6:14 amhistory
HoboMaggot
The flu is a very fast mutating virus so when the flu shot gets administered, there is usually another strain of flu that's infecting people.

Think of it as mc servers updating exclusively to the latest version (player opinion does not count and developer workload does not account into this btw), but then minecraft updates again.
05/21/2019 3:50 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Imposter
Jewelman
100% of vaccinated children die.
05/21/2019 11:17 pmhistory
Acier
holy crap took 7 hours for me to get the joke
05/21/2019 4:20 pm
Ray_Savage
ha ha! Quite true! xP
05/21/2019 2:25 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Mlem Mlem Bat
Remmicious
This shouldn't even be debatable.
05/21/2019 1:53 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Bobby72000
5 Anti-Vaxxers and 81 Normal People.
05/21/2019 1:31 pm
Level 44 : Master Artist
GabishGab
Guys, wanna know something? Vaccines cause adults.
05/21/2019 1:00 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
hassan2233
The very fact that this is a poll puts into perspective how utterly stupid humanity has become.
05/30/2019 7:20 pm
LightlySaltedBuilder
I don't think it's that irrational. We haven't experienced the diseases vaccines protect us from, but the "risks" conspiracy theorists claim they have are something we have more experience with. Most people probably don't know anyone who's had to suffer from polio, but I'm sure most people have known or at least have heard about someone who has autism. But it is ridiculous to deny all the evidence that vaccines are very helpful and that they don't cause autism.
05/21/2019 12:30 pm
Level 42 : Master Architect
Zodus
To the as of now 5 people who voted against vaccines...

no, just, no.

Vaccines for life!!!!!
05/21/2019 6:16 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Artist
ebbony
booooo lol
05/21/2019 2:57 am
Level 32 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Basic "Tragedy of the Commons" situation [may also be considered as an example of the free-rider problem]:
All vaccinations impose a risk (which is generally very small, but greater than zero).

If I do not get vaccinated (but everyone else does), I recieve [almost] all the benefit, but inccur no cost [by avioding the minor risk of being vaccinated].

If >many< do not vaccinate, however, no benefit is recieved.

For something like polio (which used to kill/cripple a c20,000 annually in the US alone in the 50's), but for which the oral vaccine has serious side-effects in a few cases per million, vaccination is clearly good…
…unless you get the short (~1-5 in a million) straw….
05/21/2019 4:27 pm
Ray_Savage
Quite true!
05/20/2019 8:20 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Explorer
EverettAviation
They're horrible. Every single person that gets vaccinated, sooner or later, get a disease.
05/21/2019 5:44 pm
Level 22 : Expert Dragonborn
Poppleworks
Yes, that is how they work...
05/21/2019 3:08 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
hassan2233
Have you noticed that smallpox doesn't exist anymore?
05/21/2019 2:26 pm
Remmicious
You're joking right
05/21/2019 2:24 am
HoboMaggot
"you have to understand how vaccines work. They are not a guarantee that you will not catch the disease they are vaccinating against"
They are however, mainly a headstart for your immune system to combat the disease, if the prevention doesnt work. Everyone's immune system is different.
05/20/2019 7:59 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Wolf
SteampunkWolf
Well, everybody who thinks vaccines are bad are just wrong. That's all there is to it.
05/20/2019 7:28 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Tristawesomeness
Considering that most anti-vaxxers were vaccinated as children, it may be true that vaccines cause mental disorders considering the sheer amount of people that believe this garbage
05/21/2019 11:28 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Artist
Furrah
it may be true, but would you rather get mental disorders or basically die?
05/20/2019 4:31 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
Campbell676
yes
05/20/2019 4:27 pmhistory
Level 59 : Grandmaster Fish
Carcharodontosaurus
Just to clarify for everyone thinking vaccines are bad.

All 'proof' that vaccines have caused autism as well as other disorders and diseases, have been proven false. Numerous times.

When you get a vaccine, you get a weakened state of a certain disease injected inside of you, for your immune-system to fight, and make a blueprint of how to combat the exact disease again, should it ever return. People who do not take vaccines against deadly and highly contagious diseases endanger themselves and others. Take something like anthrax. Every year, anthrax tends to spawn a bunch of outbreaks around the world. When these outbreaks spread from cattle to humans, it usually leads to fatalities.

So would you rather be vaccined, rendering you immune to the danger? Or take the risk and possibly die, should anthrax break out in your area, because some guy in a magazine told you, that vaccines can cause autism and cripple you, despite there being no scientific proof at all to back up that claim? Not to mention that you might just infect others, and be the reason to why they fell ill or died as well?
05/21/2019 11:26 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Artist
Furrah
still i'd rather have autism that die
05/20/2019 7:55 pm
VoidsShadow
The only reason why a vaccine could be ignored is if the virus it treats has a high rate of mutation. For example, the swine flu that swept through the central Americas and the U.S. a decade ago would change too fast for vaccines to be optimally effective; the vaccines would still work, but likely wouldn't help against mutated strains of the virus.

Most of the time, though, a vaccine works wonders against viruses which mutate very little.
05/21/2019 4:16 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Fish
Carcharodontosaurus
Yes, for the flu vaccines tend to be effective only part of the time, mainly because, as you say, the virus mutates very fast, compared to what bacteria and parasitic animal cells do. So malaria, anthrax and rabies vaccines are very important in most cases (some depending on where you live), as well as small pox and others.

I would still recommend getting a flu vaccine though, in case there is an outbreak in your area of course.
05/30/2019 3:27 pm
Remmicious
I still recommend the flu shot for everyone, except those with allergies or whatnot. It still offers protection. I have to get it for work or else I have to wear a mask all throughout the fall and winter, into the spring.
05/20/2019 9:52 am
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
I guess I'm going to be the odd one out, saying that vaccines are bad. Do I care that most people disagree? No. Do I care that I am at risk of being attacked for my opinion? No. So don't try, haters, this is a free country, I can't go say that I believe in what I don't believe.

A couple of my friends have gotten vaccines at least 2 times a month, and literally, they got ill with stuff like the flu and polio, when it was SUPPOSED TO TO CAUSE THEM TO BE IMMUNE TO IT. I don't know if they have bad immune systems or whatever, but that kind of stuff can scare the people out of their wits and believe vaccines are bad. To be quite frank, I'm one of those people.

My parents and chiropractors, and they believe in not giving me vaccines. Any time I get sick/sore, just one adjustment and a couple days rest, I got loads better results then people who took vaccines. So, maybe you try and go seeing a chiropractor. Not every day, but just try it out. Maybe You will get better results than vaccines, as my friends have found out.

Am I going to try to force you to not take vaccines? No. Do I want you to live a better life? Yes! This is just a suggestion, but I really recommend seeing a chiropractor over taking vaccines. You can still take vaccines if you feel like it, but I am just trying to make the world a better place.

Thanks for reading,

-Darth
05/20/2019 11:57 amhistory
Acier
you seem to be confused on a number of subjects.

First of all there has not been a reported case of polio in the United States since 1979, so the claim that your friends caught polio is a lie. I don't know whether you are intentionally being misleading, you might genuinely have thought your friend had polio, but they didn't.

Secondly you have to understand how vaccines work. They are not a guarantee that you will not catch the disease they are vaccinating against. The Flu vaccine specifically is particularly ineffective because of how fast the virus mutates. the CDC conducts studies each year to determine how well the influenza (flu) vaccine protects against flu illness. While vaccine effectiveness (VE) can vary, recent studies show that flu vaccination reduces the risk of flu illness by between 40% and 60% among the overall population during seasons when most circulating flu viruses are well-matched to the flu vaccine. In general, current flu vaccines tend to work better against influenza B and influenza A(H1N1) viruses and offer lower protection against influenza A(H3N2) viruses. See “Does flu vaccine effectiveness vary by type or subtype?” and “Why is flu vaccine typically less effective against influenza A H3N2 viruses?” for more information.

As to your parents. A chiropractors is a practitioner of the system of integrative medicine based on the diagnosis and manipulative treatment of misalignment of the joints. They do not attend medical school. They have no education in the field of immunology. They have no education in the field of Epidemiology. They have no education in the field of microbiology. Not only do they not have a 10 year doctoral education, They have no education whatsoever on the subject at hand.

Your parents are highly trained masseuses.

As to the claim that seeing a chiropractor can alleviate symptoms? sure it can. The affects of placbos are well documented in medicine and psychology. But the affect of their massage is only a placebo. If you think a chiropractor moving the joints in your back can cure polio, then try it.

Acier out
05/20/2019 8:03 pm
VoidsShadow
First off, I agree that chiropractors cannot treat diseases.

However, I'd like to remind you that scoliosis exists and can be treated with good posture habits, stretches, and regular trips to the chiropractor. Scoliosis can affect many different parts of the body, including the digestive and respiratory systems. This is because misaligned bones, especially the vertebrae, can pinch nerves and cause permanent nerve damage in worse cases.
05/20/2019 12:20 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
Thanks for your input :) My opinion stays the same

About my parents: They did, infact, go to medical school BEFORE going to chiropractic school so saying that they have "No education in the field of immunology" and everything else is practically lie. I probably should have said this first, but I'm saying it now.
05/20/2019 12:39 pmhistory
Acier
first of all "attending medical school" is not the same as holding a degree in the fields I mentioned. None of what i said is a lie, nor is it false. Your parents do not have degrees on any of the relevant topics.

second of all, i assume you just completely made up that your parents attended medical school considering you flat out lied about your friend catching polio.

from the fact that you did not disagree with a single point I made, I assume you have no counter-argument.

Since you attempted to make an argument from authority to appeal my argument from reason, I will counter with an argument from authority. My uncle "in-law" is a doctor, as well as a chiropractor on the side. He runs multiple facilities across the greater Illinois area. As a chiropractor he said he literally has no idea what you are talking about and "does not recommend seeing a chiropractor if you contract polio". Unlike you I will back up my claim, Here is his linkedin profile.

The reason why i never mentioned this is because HIS OPINION IS IRRELEVANT. He does not have degrees in any fields regarding this topic. He is however a chiropractor, and acknowledges that he doesn't have the required education. (unlike someone else)
05/20/2019 9:25 am
Level 40 : Master Wolf Whisperer
Starryspectrum
None can be harmful, as too many can be too.
05/18/2019 9:42 pmhistory
HoboMaggot
A general FYI:
Many of the anti-vaxxers just say that vAcCiNeS aRe bAd!11!!! even without any sources.

When asked to give sources they block the other person who asked for sources or they give sources from an anti-vaxxer facebook group, which isn't a source.

Im not surprised there are uneducated/misled/brainwashed people here because 2 people said vaccines are bad in the poll.

btw https://www.reddit.com/r/vaxxhappened/
05/18/2019 3:09 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Nerd
Terralon
Vaccines cause Adults...
05/20/2019 3:06 pm
Level 41 : Master System
Devi The Panda
I laughed a tad bit too hard at this...
05/18/2019 12:27 pm
Level 48 : Master Answer
Makaneek
none is a bad idea, too many is a bad idea.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome