What are your opinions on school?

enuoia's Avatar enuoia2/25/19 12:49 pm
3/8/2019 9:10 am
nyanpup's Avatar nyanpup
Hey! I'm mostly curious on everyone's opinions on school....

I'd probably fall under hate it... but I know a lot of people like/liked school, or just didn't care and stuck around to learn what they had to and got out of there.
enuoia
Level 31 : Artisan Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/08/2019 9:10 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Farmer
nyanpup
sucks but its good for you, as a school drop out i dont feel really smart these days : (
02/27/2019 11:38 am
Level 30 : Artisan Taco
Iapetus11
I am in the middle, some of my teachers are crap, some subjects are super boring, other classes my teachers are great and the subject interesting
02/27/2019 10:06 am
Level 49 : Master Narwhal
Spygron
School is the best! :D
02/27/2019 5:28 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
iTzCascadexX
I'm in university right now, so I can give a decent opinion of why school is important.

Sure, school from about 11-16 sucks mainly because you aren't doing what you aspire to do. You have to cover mostly everything under the sun while you're at middle or high school (depending where you are in the world) and usually only about 15-25% of what you cover is important to you. You may think you hate school, but once you reach college/university and you made the choices that are right for you, that percentage increases to about 80-90%. It becomes fun once you get older and studying your favourite thing to do in great depth is actually an amazing feeling.

You only get to do school once, try your best to enjoy it, before the daunting task of "work" creeps up on you!
02/27/2019 4:11 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Blacksmith
Geeri
I love school.
Today I'm at home though.. school and studies can get a little bit out of hand.
02/26/2019 5:56 pmhistory
Level 51 : Grandmaster Professor
Eli the Zeratoed
I have an entire blog based off my opinion of school, but if you guys want the short answer to what I thought, here are my opinions of each era summed up in gifs:

Elementary School:

Middle School:
Boring Bored GIF - Boring Bored GIFs
High School:
Geek Otaku GIF - Geek Otaku YuGiOh GIFs
02/26/2019 11:34 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Stelpa bjorn
I like saturdays. Translation: school sucks
02/26/2019 4:47 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Since I work at a music-school where everything I do is teach kids how to play guitar, then yeah I like school :p
02/26/2019 10:52 am
enuoia
aha I kinda meant how you felt when you were taking classes ;p

but I'm glad you enjoy teaching!
02/26/2019 4:34 amhistory
Level 35 : Artisan Archer
Kwanatla
It's pretty okay. I have no 'hated' subjects or teachers. I enjoy sport, English, science and history.
Atm I have a ton of homework... maybe I should get back to that?
02/26/2019 10:53 am
enuoia
hmm, procrastinating for another hour or two won't hurt :eyes:

please dont im kidding, im procrastinating right now it's the worst
02/26/2019 4:03 am
Level 24 : Expert Fisherman
Gilran
Education seems to be boring things until you face your shortcomings.
02/26/2019 10:53 am
enuoia
:eyes:
02/25/2019 3:58 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Zombie
PLEASEdeleteAccountNow
I voted "love it", but I suppose that my complete answer is that it really depends on what level of school you're intending this survey to be based on: your question was beyond general. Having said as much:

1) K through 12 years: I didn't find it to be particularly amazing, and I was bullied more than I'd prefer to remember, but I just focused on doing really well and getting through it...it was a means ot an end to wrap up and begin college coursework in the field I'd chosen to go into very early on.

2) Undergraduate years: College seemed a bit overwhelming for the first semester but then leveled out, and I really loved it (though partied way more than I should have at times). I didn't really find the undergraduate years to be significantly more useful than the K through 12 years though in that the majority of it seemed to revolve around wrote memorization and/or simply studying to the tests.

3) Graduate school years: These were the most amazing, and I loved these the most out of my schooling history. That isn't to say they were easy, however (in fact, I think the extreme challenges presented are part of what I loved the most).
02/26/2019 1:22 am
enuoia
Yeah, I would have liked to put more detail into the post but, there's so many people who are if different kind of schooling, everyone's in a different place in their school-life-cycle, and everyone probably has their own very detailed opinion on every year...

So I decided to go with a very vague answer, and hoped people would elaborate in the comments (thank you for doing so!)

Also, I'm glad you liked your graduate years so much, I'm not much of a fan of pushing myself or challenges, as bad as that sounds... So I'm glad you had fun with it :D
02/25/2019 3:44 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
02/27/2019 5:26 am
iTzCascadexX
This is so old but so gold. I'm glad I found this again, through you Dino :P
02/27/2019 5:39 am
DinowCookie
The fact that it's old and still relevant is actually sad. 😅 Glad you got your hands on it gain, though!
02/26/2019 5:24 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Professor
Eli the Zeratoed
Why is this so funny yet also so true at the same time? xD
02/26/2019 5:27 pm
DinowCookie
Don't people often say "it's funny because it's true"? ;)
02/26/2019 11:21 am
Level 32 : Artisan Explorer
TheCyanShyGuy
dassa funneh!
02/26/2019 1:12 am
enuoia
bahahah 10/10 reply
02/25/2019 3:40 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Skinner
CyberLifeAndroid
Honestly, I think school is a tad outdated, but I understand that people need to go to school to learn. That's the only way we can learn at the moment. I was public schooled for most of my life, but now I'm homeschooled! I'll skip the details, but in public school, I was failing hard and none of my teachers seemed to care. I get it though, they have tons of students to take care of and cant tend to each one personally. I just happened to be one of the students they couldn't really help. So, I decided homeschooling would be better for me! And it is! I learn so much better now that I'm homeschooled rather than in public school.

TL;DR

To end this, I'll give both public and home school a grade from 1 - 10.

1 being "I hated this with every inch of my being"

and 10 being "Oh heck yeah I love me some school"

Public school: 4 - Was good until middle school, then I started falling behind badly.

Homeschool: 8 - I mean, it's still school, but I love it so much more than public school.
02/26/2019 1:10 am
enuoia
Yeah, I'm in hospital homebound classes currently and it's working out a lot better for me since the classes are much smaller and the teachers can help students more individually, so I totally get what you mean!

I'm glad you're liking your school situation more now! :)
02/25/2019 3:36 pm
Level 41 : Master Fish
Miickster
I used to love school. Friends, teachers, just the educational environment makes me feel motivated. I like learning. Bullies don't mean shit to me. But the school I attend at the moment is super stressful. Every monday I would think "when is our next break?"
But I still like going to school. The activities and events we have are amazing. Also friends :p
02/26/2019 1:23 am
enuoia
I'm glad you're enjoying it ;'O
02/25/2019 3:32 pmhistory
Level 31 : Artisan Professor
EndPlayz
You know, on 1 side I hate school, because I've been bullied for like 6 years of school (most elementary even) and because of my curiosity I am pretty much always in front of what we have to know, but on the other side, I kindoff like it, Since you need it for work later and it helped me get my only good social contacts, my 3 friends. So it's really just a -2, pretty much as many positives as negatives.

It does kill me cus I have to get out of bed early af... But meh
02/26/2019 1:24 am
enuoia
Yeah, exactly the reason I added the indifferent option aha, a lot of people say there's pros and cons to school
02/25/2019 3:26 pm
Level 37 : Artisan uwu
inactivespoon
I've only went to kindergarten before, but even then there was stuff such as bullying. I personally hate schools for not dealing with such things, and just throwing it under the carpet, completely ignoring it. Though, school can be quite entertaining if the teacher is kind, a good teacher, and so on. Most teacher aren't like that. I think schools would be much better if they dealt with such things, and tried making learning more enjoyable for a young person.
02/26/2019 1:25 am
enuoia
Yeah, I totally agree... but it really depends on the school you go to. Sad as it is to say, some schools and teachers just don't care.
02/25/2019 3:19 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Magical Girl
etqtay
Meh, it's okay for me, lol. I get done pretty early if everything goes as planned XD
02/26/2019 1:25 am
enuoia
Glad you're not having a sucky time at least lol
02/25/2019 3:18 pmhistory
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
OICRAFT
School is outdated, it was designed in the industrial age in order to prepare people to work in factories, we do not longer work in factories (most of us) so school is in need of a huge reform. That's why children are sitting in lines, just like in factories, and the teacher plays the role of the supervisor in factory. Even the bells are similar. That's why kids hardly learn anything in school, because learning is a much more interactive process than the one in schools.

Additional fact:

Scientists say that is difficult for the brain to learn anything before 10 AM, so schools is anti-scientific anyway.
02/27/2019 5:30 am
iTzCascadexX
This contradicts my comment, but I also agree with it. It's extremely hard to compute anything for some people even up to midday. Despite this though, school is pretty much once in a lifetime, once it's been and gone, that's pretty much it. Take as much out of it and use it for your later life, especially what's important to you.
02/26/2019 1:13 am
enuoia
Oh man, I've never heard of that before....

do you have a link to an article I could read up on that, it sounds really interesting!
02/27/2019 3:53 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
OICRAFT
Although not as detailed as I'd want it: www.theincomer.com/2018/02/24/education-system-failed-us/
02/27/2019 5:26 am
enuoia
Huh... there's no citations to where they got their information :eyes:
02/25/2019 3:05 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Prince
inactiveaccount444
I like it a fair amount, I have very very good teachers and friends uwu
02/26/2019 1:13 am
enuoia
oh man, I'm glad to hear!
02/25/2019 2:03 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Unicorn
ThatBroadwayDoggo_
i'm homeschooled, i kinda like it I guess, but if I had the choice and if I wouldn't ruin my education I wouldn't go
02/26/2019 1:14 am
enuoia
Yeah, I feel like a lot of people would take up the opportunity not to go aha
02/25/2019 1:35 pmhistory
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
Noibat
honestly - i didn't enjoy school as much.
i enjoyed learning very much, but that's it.
i was bullied horribly for many years, and had a very hard time leaving the house due to mental/physical/health illnesses, and many hardships i was facing in my life.
eventually i was home-schooled, and had a lot of family support, but public schooling was easily one of my top 5 worst experiences.
02/26/2019 1:26 am
enuoia
Yeah... public school is a mess for a lot of people. Glad you had a better time when you were homeschooled!
02/25/2019 1:03 pmhistory
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
School was pretty bad for me. I was bullied a lot and public school wasn't prepared to adjust for how I needed to learn. I was going through a lot of stuff while I was in school and it wasn't until the last 2 years of high school that I got the help I needed by switching to independant study. After that it was still hard because I was so behind, but the extra hands on help and 1 on 1 support from my teachers allowed me to graduate high school.
02/26/2019 1:11 am
enuoia
Oh man, that sounds rough man... glad it worked out in the end, though!
02/25/2019 12:57 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Vampire
ziggy like stardust
Honestly, school is... something. I don't hate it, but I don't like it either.
02/26/2019 1:15 am
enuoia
Yeah, that's why I added an indifferent options, a lot of people have equal pros and cons for school lol
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome