What are your thoughts one the word “uwu”?

Ferralis's Avatar Ferralis12/6/20 12:31 am
12/10/2020 4:06 pm
Mishkia's Avatar Mishkia

Poll ended 12/20/2020 12:31 am.

Ferralis
Level 9 : Apprentice Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/09/2020 9:43 am
Level 40 : Master Crab
khajiity
the options on this make me sad
there are many other opinions on it
also why are the majority of people voting about cringe 13 year old gacha girls
. cringe culture is kinda dead yknow
. . . . . .. . . .
who voted for the cringe thing? im gonna have to block them lol
12/09/2020 8:02 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc3058802
[deleted]
12/10/2020 4:06 pmhistory
Level 38 : Artisan Farmer
Mishkia
not gonna lie you think this is a joke, it seems like a joke

but it actually kinda true doe in its own ways...
12/09/2020 12:36 amhistory
Level 38 : Artisan Farmer
Mishkia
NGL I usually don't like participating in these polls because they end up a "Burn the witch" fest, and its become as obnoxious as people who use uwu/owo for cringe reasons. But here's my full thought I guess. Spoilered cause its long.

TLDR; I see it as an emoticon, I use it as an emoticon, cause I like it, as an emoticon. Is like a cat face. It does have some eh usages but what I find most annoying/obnoxious about it, is the constant overreaction people have to even seeing it or hearing it even if it's usage has nothing to do with the obnoxious versions of its usage.
I can ignore and avoid people who use it for cringe reasons, but there's not much I can do if I use it innocently as a face, and I suddenly start getting attacked and called names because of what the emoticon is also used for since people can't not overreact. I avoid those people too best I can but...the amount of people who do that grows everyday and it gets encouraged to act like that.

I've honestly never seen it used as a proper "word," personally. So that's new to me.
Or, well, I have, I've used it as a ""word"" I guess but that's for memes and not a genuine meaning lol. I usually keep my uwu-based jokes to myself and my girlfriend because, like above, its so easy to start getting harassed/attacked over using it. And I don't need dat negativity lol.
And an important edit that I only like, just thought of: In terms of the "UwU" language, while I will use that (though it goes under "uwu jokes kept to my girlfriend/friend groups/family/etcetc) I somewhat see it...ah...separate to uwu the emoticon? uwu as an emoticon is part of the "language," the inspiration for it even, but I don't see it as you need the language to use uwu, and uwu on its own is an emoticon.

keyboard_arrow_downMy full thought, lots of rambling sorry.
To me? UwU/OwO/uwu/owo is a face; usable like :3 or :), but with their own meanings/feelings. I like Captain_Jek's explanation of it, but I def think that there's...a lot of ways to use owo/uwu than more than just a face, even if I don't personally like them or use it like that, they do exist.
I personally find some uses of it cringy myself, and some things its associated with cringy, I personally try avoiding "those" meanings/usages lol, and when I explain it I try to steer it in a more..."wholesome" direction as it being an emoticon, a small thing to maybe hopefully get some things to calm down with it.
But my biggest problem with the cringe uses is the overreacting over it, that those usages sparked.

As it got more popular yeah, it def got turned into something..more than a "cute cat emoticon." It can get obnoxious, even to someone like me. But, when I see those usages I just roll my eyes and move on, I honestly find the people who overreact and turn hostile towards anyone who uses it even if its just as an emoticon is just as ridiculous and cringe as the "meh" uses of it.
Its like people treating you with hostility because you play Minecraft, because its considered a "kid game." It sucks. I get where they're coming from, the people who use it for meh reasons can be annoying, but that doesn't make the harassment or hostility any less obnoxious.

I try to encourage understanding that while yes it can be used for cringey/ew reasons, its not that hard to find those usages, but that doesn't mean that everyone who uses it means it like that.
I don't think anyone should be harassed by their word/emoji usage whether or not its linked to something "Cringe" because... then all you're going to see is a "cringe" usage and you'll create your own anger even if the usage was far from what originally peeved you.
And I do honestly run into being insulted/called names that were uncalled for, simply because I used it, as an emoticon and nothing more, like I would use a :) or a c: , and I run into that a lot. It's kinda tiring lol, and that shouldn't be encouraged. All 'cause all people see with it is the "cringe" and it angers them to no tomorrow.

Soz for long message.

Hope you guys have a good day; please don't harass people out of their emoji usage even if the emoji/emoticon is linked to something cringe-y (not saying that anyone is but...if someones thinkin' about it...don't. Lol.)
Doing that is just as dumb and cringe to do as the ""depraved"" usages of uwu. Please don't encourage it..just encourage avoiding the bad usages of uwu lol.

End of the day, if they are avoidable and you really can't get over it, then avoid them ya know? If they're genuinely harassing you (such as finding you on several social media sites to spam you with it) then that's diff.
12/08/2020 11:09 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Ranger
starlines
*as a furry who made this account as I forgot the password and email to my old pmc acc, it’s fine, I agree with those who say gacha kids a cringe however*
12/09/2020 9:40 am
Level 30 : Artisan Warrior
JeckoWolfer
same here
12/08/2020 10:45 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Procrastinator
WackyEarth
DELETUS THE FURRIES
12/09/2020 9:44 am
khajiity
this a joke or
12/09/2020 10:46 am
Ferralis
It’s a joke.
12/08/2020 8:35 pmhistory
Level 25 : Expert Pixel Painter
Imaguy121
Don’t u know what that means? It means something that I can’t say in here without getting my account banned
12/09/2020 9:44 am
khajiity
uwu is literally an emoticon, but okay
12/09/2020 8:29 pm
Imaguy121
It has more than one meaning tho
12/08/2020 9:48 pm
Ferralis
What does it mean?
12/09/2020 8:29 pmhistory
Imaguy121
I don’t want my account banned. Perhaps if you look up “all meanings of UwU” then u will see what it means.
12/09/2020 8:32 pm
Imaguy121
And look at those scroll down bars
12/08/2020 4:42 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Birb
Judai
uwu is a great word
12/08/2020 5:16 pm
Ferralis
There goes Jeremy.
12/08/2020 5:19 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Birb
Judai
who or what is jeremy?
12/08/2020 8:02 pm
Ferralis
I have to sacrifice one of the kids in my basement everytime that word is used.
12/08/2020 8:07 pm
Level 44 : Master uwu
Cakeeh
uwu
12/08/2020 9:48 pm
Ferralis
No.
12/06/2020 7:31 pm
Level 43 : Master Lemon
char-png
I see many people here hate the "uwu" so

uwu
12/08/2020 10:56 am
Ferralis
Is this some sort of personal attack.
12/06/2020 10:53 amhistory
Ferralis
I now have 2 people on my hit list.
12/06/2020 9:20 am
Level 36 : Artisan Birb
Villager riding a chicken
i think idk what that is oof
12/06/2020 10:56 am
Ferralis
People use it when they try to act all cute and shit and it is very annoying, it is most commonly used by gay furries on roleplay discord servers.
12/06/2020 7:15 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Birb
Villager riding a chicken
ok thanks
12/06/2020 6:03 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Witch
wolke
u
w
u
12/06/2020 5:43 am
Level 41 : Master Blueberry
CptMuffin1848
No. Just no.
12/06/2020 5:38 am
Level 35 : Artisan Birb
LuckieBoy17
Potatoe uwu
12/06/2020 4:40 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Architect
Aza_Gorod
I am here to stand for potatoes!
but seriously I don't really care about it unless it is spammed. Since the raise of its "popularity" it can be abit cringy and or annoying. But each their own! over all just be nice to others plain and simple.
12/09/2020 12:03 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Architect
Aza_Gorod
Thank you my fellow supporters of potatos!
12/06/2020 1:36 am
Level 87 : Elite Deity
Captain_JEK
It isn't so much a word, it's more like an emoticon and thus should be used as one. It's close to O.O and u.u but unlike these two uwu has very few possible applications because of its anime/animal (depending on the context, sometimes both) mouth.
I don't think it's a bad word or emoticon but you sure need to know when to use it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome