ZappyGru's Avatar ZappyGru 2/28/2021 8:09 pm history
2/28/2021 8:09 pm
ZappyGru's Avatar ZappyGru

Look up "minecraft"
Look up "terraria"
Then compare
Ory
Level 5 : Apprentice Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/28/2021 6:43 pm
Level 26 : Expert Warrior
ImYourFwend_
Ory, what is Terraria?
02/28/2021 3:18 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Vortex3123
im just gonna say terraria since there is way more bosses , it has npcs that help but where as minecraft only has villagers that kinda trade bad stuff for emeralds. terraria has way more different eweapons and way more different types of weapons and theres way more stuff in terraria but im too lazy to list them all
02/28/2021 12:53 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Farmer
littlehappycow
welcome to Planetminecraft, where minecraft rules all
want the other side? go to planetterraria
02/28/2021 12:39 am
fedham
ah yes, the "planet minecraft" website is the best place to get a non-bias answer to this question
02/27/2021 10:52 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Dragonborn
RabidKaiden09
How is this a question?
02/27/2021 10:39 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Architect
Theotmt
both are good. Terraria would be a copy of minecraft, but the two have made a special-sort of bond together.
02/28/2021 6:47 pm
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Batman
ZappyGru
Copy? No. Inspired? Yes.
02/28/2021 7:28 pmhistory
Theotmt
Oh yep, you are correct, my mistakes
02/28/2021 8:09 pm
ZappyGru
No problem!
02/28/2021 12:39 am
fedham
terraria came first...
02/28/2021 3:09 am
Vortex3123
no false minecraft came in 2009 terraria came 2011
02/28/2021 7:28 pm
Theotmt
yes
02/27/2021 10:06 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Explorer
MajerIV_
Terraria is more balanced than Minecraft because you go up different tiers, unlike Minecraft you go from early game to mid game to late game with nothing in between.
12/09/2020 1:33 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Nerd
Azure_Flames
They're both good for their own reasons, they have different approaches to your main goal.
Minecraft is about building and exploring.
Terraria is about building too, but your goal is to fight bosses and get good loot of them.

I wouldn't say one is better than the other, just enjoy whichever is closest to your tastes.
12/09/2020 1:27 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Nerd
enderstandable
I would say minecraft but terraria is good too
12/08/2020 2:14 pm
Level 45 : Master Ranger
Greystalk
Despite sharing some core concepts (Like mining, building, and crafting) I would say that they are very different games. Coming from someone who has a couple hundred hours at least in both games, Neither one is better than they other. They are both good at what they do. Minecraft is a better sandbox, and Terraria has better progression. I could keep going, but we'll be here all day.
12/08/2020 1:18 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Birb
Judai
minecraft is better for exploration, terraria is better for combat
12/08/2020 1:17 pm
Level 29 : Expert Miner
Stealthy5
Minecraft is the game that I have played growing up. I had installed terraria before Minecraft, it is not that good (but still, its nice).
Minecraft is more fun as there are many "Minecraft But.." challenges being created.
Minecraft is also going to get more adventurous when they release the Caves and Cliffs update.
12/08/2020 1:17 pm
Stealthy5
And we also have this awesome community.
12/08/2020 1:21 pm
Stealthy5
Terraria would be in 2nd place in my most favorite games and third among us
Minecraft, Terraria and Among us are the only three games that I've played more than 5 months now.
*I have been playing Minecraft and Terraria for about 5 years now.
02/28/2021 6:44 pm
Level 26 : Expert Warrior
ImYourFwend_
I don't play Terraria. :|
12/08/2020 5:55 pm
Level 41 : Master Botanist
Fqsh
yes
12/08/2020 1:16 pmhistory
Level 41 : Master Botanist
Fqsh
minecraft is more customizable than terraria. Yes, terraria has mods, texture packs, ect, but they don't give out the game code like minecraft does. They don't have that much things you can customize. Say minecraft texture packs. There are pvp packs, cit packs, detailed packs ect. Minecraft also has optifine, forge, server plugins, and customizable plugins. Everything in minecraft is customizable, terraira, you can't customize everything. Minecraft also has custom clients, like badlion client, ect
02/27/2021 11:17 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Modder
Markil3
Technically, Minecraft doesn't give out its code either (at least not in a way that can easily and legally be used). Both require mod developers to de-compile it, deobfuscate it and make the necessary changes. Tools like Forge and TModLoader make it a little easier for developers, but the steps are still done by the loaders.
With that said, Minecraft Java Edition has gone a long way to being a highly customizable, data-driven game since 1.8 and 1.9, even without mods.
12/08/2020 12:10 pm
Level 21 : Expert Network
LuckyMunch
They both are great! Lets throw the idea of me not playing terrairia out the window. both games have very simulare mechanics, as in blocks and such.
12/06/2020 1:41 pm
Ory
stop screaming minecraft and read this. terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more, but terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more.
02/27/2021 11:29 pmhistory
Markil3
So, you ask people what they think, but then you spam the same answer to your own question over and over again?

That said, more content isn't always better. Halo 4 had far more weapons than Halo 1. However, 1 did a far better job at balancing the weapons it had,
and none of them felt either redundant or useless (something I can't say about 4). More weapons and more enemies doesn't automatically improve the game. It all depends on how everything fits together.

That said, although I do sometimes find the item counts of Terraria to be a bit overwhelming, I do feel like it has done a fairly decent job of giving every item its purpose, especially when you consider that some items are geared for different playstyles. Granted, some of them do seem pretty gimmicky (especially the mounts), but it does a good job overall.
12/08/2020 12:28 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Stack
FishStacks
theyre two pretty different games, so comparing them in the first part was not the best decision, plus youre asking this on a minecraft site, you should expect to see more minecraft answers.
12/07/2020 2:14 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Peacock
_Bluejay
but its hard to play for new players, we can play moded minecraft instead of this
12/06/2020 1:04 pmhistory
Level 30 : Artisan Nether Knight
Tigerfury26
MINECRAFT MINECRAFT MINECRAFT
12/06/2020 12:49 pmhistory
Level 13 : Journeyman Explorer
DavidYT60
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

because terraria is like 2 fps
02/28/2021 6:49 pm
ZappyGru
That's probably your computer. Terraria's framerate is 53, while Minecraft's framerate is 60. There's very little difference.
12/06/2020 12:47 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Dragon
DragonStudios
I love Terraria but Minecraft is my life. I dont know.
12/06/2020 12:08 pm
Level 41 : Master Birb
Winkwing
Neither, all that matters is that you're having fun while you play whatever games you enjoy.
12/06/2020 12:09 pm
Ory
yes thats the spirit!
12/06/2020 12:41 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Mage
ender_knight8215
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafffffffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttt
12/06/2020 10:10 am
Level 22 : Expert Botanist
ShroomeTheShroome
just play both lol, thats what i do
12/06/2020 12:04 pm
Ory
yea same
12/06/2020 9:34 am
Level 20 : Expert System
Exo Blue
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
12/06/2020 12:05 pm
Ory
terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more
12/06/2020 9:13 am
Level 37 : Artisan Birb
Villager riding a chicken
i think it should just be a tie i like them both
12/06/2020 8:25 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Witch
wolke
i don't think there is an objective answer to this. terraria is great at what it does. minecraft is great at what it does... i don't think they are really comparable.
02/27/2021 11:23 pm
Markil3
They are both games that revolve around procedural-generated voxel worlds that require you to gather resources by dismantling the world and constructing bases for survival in a hostile world. They both have a heavy emphasis on combat, exploration, mining, and resource management. They are very comparable.
12/06/2020 7:57 am
Level 43 : Master Lemon
char-png
Terraria has more bosses, weapons, etc but minecraft has redstone, cmd blocks and its 3D so sometimes Terraria is better and other times Minecraft is better
12/06/2020 12:04 pm
Ory
i very agree!
12/06/2020 7:37 am
Level 72 : Legendary Stack
FishStacks
they are both equal gods of games, a perfect balance between each other. they have no need to compete.
12/06/2020 7:05 am
Level 32 : Artisan Fox
Pixus
This is going to get a bit lengthy, although you're in luck since I actually did write something about this.

Wall of Text has awoken!
Personally I prefer Terraria for its general gameplay, progression and bosses (even if the game, and expert/master mode, can be brutal as hell, which incidentally is also featured in the game in the form of the underworld, and it's not even the toughest part of the game in general) as well as its unique take on creative mode in the form of Journey mode (for example, its item duplication system requires you to "consume" a certain quantity of each stackable item in order to be able to freely duplicate them). Personally I'm waiting for tModLoader, the (technically unofficial, since while it is official in that Re-Logic, the developers themselves, promoted it and even made a separate "game" or DLC for it on Steam when 1.4 was released, it's still developed by a different team) modded client for Terraria, to update to 1.4.1 but I'm not looking forward to when that date will be, since none of us know when it'll be. I'm betting in a year or so but that's probably just me being pessimistic and thinking about how long it took for 1.4 to release.

However, that doesn't mean that Minecraft is also very good in its own ways; I myself prefer it for it building aspect, meaning one could make extravagantly detailed builds if they have enough skill and patience (one user is making the Last Resort from Luigi's Mansion 3, the main setting of the game, for example) and its general selection of mods... which, while still technically impressive (someone made a mod that lets you run a virtual machine inside the game), with the whole modding platform thing of Forge vs. Fabric, the latter being newer and generally having a greater selection of mods for more current versions over Forge, has been a bit problematic for a lot of players, including myself. Both clients are largely, if not completely, incompatible with each other without an extensive rewrite of their coding, which is where this problem stems at.

There is more to it, but it just goes on to talk more about mods for Minecraft.
12/05/2020 11:32 pm
Stealthy5
Everyone knows its Minecraft!
:-)
02/27/2021 9:57 pm
DontCompareMCAndTerraria
You're clearly wrong
12/06/2020 12:13 am
Ory
terraria has way more bosses, swords, pickaxes, fishing, axes, and hammers, has a hardmode, better builds, underground railroads, and guns, and way more

so?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome