What makes a good friend?

CyberNinja_'s Avatar CyberNinja_7/10/19 11:48 pm
7/17/2019 7:37 am
TheArchitect1995's Avatar TheArchitect1995
What do you think personally makes a good friend, because every so often I keep hearing breakup's between friends at my school, and I wonder if they really were friends in the first place, so to be sure they would personally fit each other I always have this recurring discussion in my mind. I made a list that I think you need in a good friend, and if I forget anything, just let me know, and maybe come up with your own lists.

1. Respect
First things are respect, all friends have to respect each other to actually have a good relationship

2. Arguing
If you and your friend argue really often that it makes you really mad, then you probably aren't fit for each other, I mean arguing can break things to the point that, every time you hear an argument coming you just want to leave, and probably, the people around you.

3. Bullying
If your friend bullies people or bullies you, then don't tolerate it, it's mean, and disrespectful to you and to the people around you.

4. Trustworthy
You have to have an honest and trustworthy friend, I mean if you have a lying friend and non-trustworthy why even be friends with them, that's really disrespectful to you and to your friends who are friends with that friend is non-trustworthy.

5. Loyalty
You have to have a friend that is loyal to you and the rest of your friends, that's really the meaning of best friend is to have him always be by your side.

6. Apologies
You want a friend that apologizes to people, because if they don't apologie that's just rude, and disrespectful, and honestly doesn't even show friendship, it shows bullying.

7. Forgiveness
You want a friend that apologies, but you also want a friend that accepts you a can forgive you for your mistakes.

Well, that's my list, if you think I missed something, be sure to share it.
CyberNinja_
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/11/2019 3:31 am
Level 46 : Master Wizard
mythicaljay
Great list. I’d also add: A good friend should be a person you can share the real you with. Meaning that you both are open with each other. This applies to all friendships, but mainly ones with friends of the same gender (not saying it won’t work with the opposite gender).
07/11/2019 9:07 am
CyberNinja_
Yeay that would be necessary for being friends, knowing that you guys can share the same humour, and stuff like that.
07/11/2019 4:08 am
Level 1 : New Miner
kinghostbat
well, that's difficult depending on who you are and who you're around. i mean, neo-nazis have neo-nazi friends

anyways what I'd say is
- Trust: you should be able to believe what your friends tell you and they shouldn't lie to try to look better. If you have a friend who lies occasionally like I did, talk to them about them and tell them why you don't like it and ask them to tsop
- Interests: you should like some of the same things. not to say that people who are friends cant be from different types of groups but similarities help to form relationships through relatability. and its also something to talk about
- Communication - you should be able to have series and fun conversations both with them. while its okay to not talk for a while and still be friends talking and laughing with your friends is great for building relationships

more stuff, etc etc just the default of being a decent person. you should also share some same opinions, for example if one friend is sensitive/easily offended and the other has a very dark sense of humor it would be hard for them to joke with each other because the sensitive friend would see it as distasteful and the dark friend might see their sense of humor as boring or bland.
i also want to bring up your point about arguing. one of my friend has very different opinions from me and we argue a lot over text messages but we are still great friends and can recognize that challenging each other isn't completely negative. we can have a long heated discussion over text and then still talk like good friends at school the next day. its healthy
but of course not every friendship is like that *
07/11/2019 9:08 am
CyberNinja_
Honestly yeah. The points you bring up are in fact correct if they are easily offended that's probably a bad thing, and also if this sounds wrong, I'm sorry but, maybe your friend is a hypocrite, people you blame you for doing something even though they literally did it minutes ago
07/12/2019 1:54 am
Level 1 : New Miner
kinghostbat
oh god i hate hypocrites
07/11/2019 3:51 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sus
peachypotato
Good thread. One thing I would like to add is any relationship (friendship, marriage, etc.) with someone requires communication. This means you are open with one another and and don't keep anything hidden.
That's all I would like to say! ^-^
07/17/2019 7:37 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Architect
TheArchitect1995
Pretty much everything you've just said haha
07/14/2019 3:32 pm
Level 23 : Expert Procrastinator
Energy Master
And the knowing that you can be dumb and stupid in front of them (*looking back on life at a certain friend*) but yeah, really thought out thread!
07/11/2019 4:28 pm
Level 75 : Legendary Sus
Nitgo
A person that you have a mental connection with.
07/11/2019 12:44 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Skinner
Dropball15
I think this is a great list, but selflessness could also be added. I recently had a friend breakup myself because my friend became so self-centered and it came to the point where I couldn't deal with it anymore. I think that being selfless is crutial to being a good friend because it contains many of the things in the list.
07/11/2019 9:45 am
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
Thonck
Make sure they don't take advantage of you in... ways I can't disclose here.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome