home Forumsplay_arrow Discussions play_arrow General

What's your opinion on older minecraft versions? (Pre-v1.0 versions)

2 emeralds17 replies188 views
created 05/26/2019 8:56 pm by JohnsterSpaceMinecraft
last reply 06/01/2019 1:27 am
In my opinion, without those alpha and beta versions, we wouldn't have what we currently do in Minecraft. Also this is my first thread, so what's your opinions on the older pre-v1.0 versions of Minecraft?
Posted by avatar
JohnsterSpaceMinecraft
Level 16 : Journeyman Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

17 replies

05/31/2019 5:31 amhistory
Level 31 : Artisan Botanist
likalaruku
The Alpha landscape never really sparked my building creativity, but I loved flooding maps.

I used to really miss the Beta landscapes until they finally brought in the extreme hills biomes. But I will occasionally make a map in Beta 1.7 because I liked the way it generated hills with natural arches, maybe a rare completely hollow mountain, & the bizarre Farlands biome.

In older versions, you could add a little code in presets that made little villages into huge cities. Sometimes they'd load right on top of eachother. I miss the way they used to load unevenly on the mountains, forcing you to create new paths & stairs to free the villagers, By the time you were done, the villages looked really cool.

I'm really not at all a fan of the improvements made to villages & villagers. New villager behavior; their need to wander & look for bells & workstations, pretty much breaks huge cities. You have to go into every building & set up beds & workstations & bells so they don't abandon the town. I also really hate the golems; they're always in the way & getting stuck in narrow spaces & fenced areas.

In the end, whatever I generate gets updated, because I like to build & I want as many types of blocks as possible.
06/01/2019 1:27 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Mage
TheMysticMiner
there is a plugin for those cities, its a separate app and works JAVA ONLY
05/29/2019 11:52 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Crafter
TymeToMine
NOSTALGIC
05/28/2019 6:45 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Birb
leafbirb
I love 'em. The game wouldn't be what it is today without them, and it CERTAINLY wouldn't have as many downloads. The Beta/Alpha stages defined Minecraft, and the game wouldn't be the same without them.
05/27/2019 11:20 pm
TheMysticMiner
i like java 1.8.9 bc it has more mods available for it, only reason i like 1.14 is a few realistic features, some of the new textures are awful though...
05/27/2019 11:10 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
AzzyIsARaptyr
In my opinion the game brings back nostalgia and has brighter sun. I like the very green leaves and grass.
05/26/2019 9:50 pmhistory
Level 41 : Master Professor
Peridot XJ9
I haven't taken the time to play any of those alpha/beta versions of Minecraft, but I have indeed played pre-classic mode. I don't know what it is, but something about spamming spastic Steves while you only are limited to building with one or a few blocks on the ground just feels so satisfying to me. :3
Rd-132328hq.jpg
05/27/2019 3:12 amhistory
Level 55 : Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
I really liked the Alpha and pre-1.8 Beta stages of Minecraft. The Adventure Update (Beta 1.8) really lessened the "uniqueness" of cave generation in my opinion. Before Beta 1.8, caves were a lot more random and fun to explore. You never knew what the shape or size of a new cave would be until you explored it.

Once 1.8 was released and stuff like ravines was added though, caves began to feel the same. Before that update, discovering something like a ravine-shaped cave would be incredible and exciting. Now, there can sometimes be so many ravines and abandoned mineshafts connecting several large caves, everything looks and feels identical while mining a near-endless system of tunnels. Having to travel and venture away from your house to find more ore is far less necessary now because you find so much of it in these huge caves.

I hope that future updates to Minecraft will allow for more varied or customizable underground world generation. I think that it'll make mining a lot more fun.

(and also, the "classic" look that Minecraft had before smooth lighting was added in the Adventure Update looked incredible. 😂)
05/27/2019 11:25 pm
TheMysticMiner
one weird thing...there is a seed with a glitch that generates an infinite mineshaft, cannot remember the seed tho XD it still works to this day
05/27/2019 3:48 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Architect
ToiletPaperStudios
I really loved playing back in the Beta stages, it just added more challenges to the game! (Like not being able to sleep)
05/27/2019 11:23 pm
TheMysticMiner
wish the new Minecraft was harder bc hard mode is too easy, and can get boring at times. New minecraft needs new challenges to make it exciting again. Tried mentioning a new dimension, they wont listen. They finally added emerald tools, though hard to get, unless Eystreem is up to his lies again lol
05/28/2019 5:33 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Architect
ToiletPaperStudios
There's no emerald tools, but I hope they update the nether.
05/29/2019 10:39 pm
TheMysticMiner
me too i want more challenges in the Nether
05/31/2019 5:37 am
Level 31 : Artisan Botanist
likalaruku
That's the biome in most need of an update, yet it never makes it into the vote at Minecon.
06/01/2019 1:26 am
TheMysticMiner
ikr besides a new dimension
05/27/2019 3:45 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
I started playing in Beta 1.3_01, so those versions are what I think of as like....the iconic Minecraft experience. :-P
05/27/2019 2:44 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Senate
Personally, I got the game at release 1.1, but seeing the game in earlier states might be cool. The sheer nostalgia associated with seeing pre-1.0 videos on Youtube overwhelms me, though.

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome