What if School Didn't exist?

MatTheMan's Avatar MatTheMan9/29/13 3:21 pm
1 emeralds 1.3k 71
10/2/2013 8:26 pm
anonpmc1089795's Avatar anonpmc1089795
I Wonder what life would be like WITHOUT school... I have some pretty crazy ideas myself! Post Your ideas Below! Can't wait to read your Thoughts!
MatTheMan
Level 8 : Apprentice Warrior

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/02/2013 8:21 pm
Level 24 : Expert Fish
sualeos
There couldn't be "no school" with humans level of knowledge, we would always be discovering new things and of course, want to share your knowledge!

Without school though, it wouldn't be good at all.
Really no one would no anything, we would just be surviving on instinct. We wouldn't have food stores to go too and buy food, so we would still be able to hunt and find our food.

But, we wouldn't feel stupid - or different, because that's all we know. Dogs, for example. They don't know how to make computers or drive cars - but they don't feel stupid or feel like they are missing out at all - because they wouldn't know any better.

So really, it would effect us indirectly - we wouldn't be as smart or innovative. But we wouldn't know any better. (We might still be the smartest animal alive).
10/02/2013 3:19 pm
MatTheMan
School sucks, but nowadays school has to be done, even if it never existed our species wouldn't really last 6 Century's...
10/02/2013 5:05 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Grump
Doughty
Oh really? It's not like our species lasted for a couple millennia before school was even thought of, so I definitely doubt they could last 6 measley centuries...
10/01/2013 11:57 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Guard
esoomytefasgone
People would be able to communicate. Lets not forget that mandatory education only began in the last couple hundred years. Before that only the rich and monks were educated... most people were simply peasants, yet they could communicate just fine.

I think we should just privatize the school systems anyway.

The federal government doesn't have authority over education delegated to them by the U.S. Constitution, therefore they should leave it to the states.

Exactly.
10/01/2013 11:54 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
RandomPioneerMan
well, I think that everyone would not be able to communicate.

(In simpler terms, everyone is StuPID.)
10/01/2013 11:58 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
dagget10
ooooooooooooh ugga ug ugga gabagiba hakahakahaka derp
10/01/2013 11:53 pm
Level 40 : Master Procrastinator
-Rusty-
Without school we'd all still be cave men sucking on rocks...

But as human nature, there would always be the one human that want's to 'overacomplish'

eventually humans would want to expand there knowledge, know the universe.
As time would pass traditions of learning would come upon, and pretty soon wed be so inclined as to send our children away for 12 years to learn everything.

Without school, there would be no jobs, no president, not even farmers...
10/01/2013 11:48 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Guard
esoomytefasgone
Private schools. A business would see that their was a market for education and take advantage of that.
10/01/2013 11:55 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
Zemor
I think we should just privatize the school systems anyway.

The federal government doesn't have authority over education delegated to them by the U.S. Constitution, therefore they should leave it to the states.

-Rusty-Without school we'd all still be cave men sucking on rocks...

But as human nature, there would always be the one human that want's to 'overacomplish'

eventually humans would want to expand there knowledge, know the universe.
As time would pass traditions of learning would come upon, and pretty soon wed be so inclined as to send our children away for 12 years to learn everything.

Without school, there would be no jobs, no president, not even farmers...

Farmers don't need school to do their job.
10/01/2013 11:46 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
Zemor
Do you mean public schools?

If so, people can still be home-schooled.
10/01/2013 11:43 pm
Level 40 : Master Goblin
ItsBill
I highly recommend you read the book A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, which is about a gun factory manager who wakes up to find himself in the Dark Ages at Camelot. It mentions this exact issue of the lack of education.

It's also funny as hell, and the author Mark Twain doesn't waste any time hiding things behind literary devices by just saying what he wants to make a point about.
10/01/2013 1:56 pm
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
candle_
Probably wouldn't be EXTREMELY horrible but at the same time it would be fairly bad. People would have more freedom in what to study and from where, and would be able to learn what's in their best interest and they are most capable of using. However, it would also mean there would be even more idiots.

I'd HOPE most parents would teach their children what they need to survive and generally have a good life, but such cannot be expected from ALL people. And wouldn't that count as school? I'll just assume you mean the actual education system, however. I think people are overreacting just a little bit. Without school people could still survive. It's not the only source of knowledge, but it is an incredibly good one in most cases. As for there being no more games or technology, I'd just see MORE people flocking to the gaming industry as it's not all that hard to learn.
10/01/2013 1:49 pm
Level 23 : Expert Explorer
Jeanine
We would be complete idiots
10/01/2013 1:15 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Grump
Doughty
Well most of the obnoxious behaviors observed such as those of "swag fags" comes from a need to rebel against things such as school. Pop culture would be much different leading to many different behaviors we can't predict. Also, there would still be educated people, just not as many, as there were intelligent people before public education. Jobs would definitely be more specialized but it really impossible to predict how different life really would be.
10/01/2013 1:02 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Unicorn
Frankieellen
I would be working more with animals than I already am :L
10/01/2013 12:28 pm
Level 24 : Expert Lumberjack
Casval
It'd probably look like Facebook
10/01/2013 12:25 pm
MatTheMan
If school didn't exist we'd be f*****g stupid
09/29/2013 5:12 pm
Level 25 : Expert Hunter
bigf
If school didn't exist there wouldn't be Planet Minecraft because there wouldn't be Minecraft because there wouldn't be Notch as we know him. Chain reaction.
09/29/2013 5:08 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dolphin
notnobody
We'd probably be lagging a few couple hundred years.
09/29/2013 5:06 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Pirate
joehot200
Quit school. It will get you nowhere in life.
10/01/2013 1:27 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Button Pusher
the_soup
lel and how old are you?
09/29/2013 5:14 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Engineer
nyancatrox1
10/01/2013 2:10 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
dagget10
quiting school makes happy, happy=good, good=yes, ys dos nt = nu
09/29/2013 5:05 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Artist
laceylou276
i would love no school BUT we need it!!!

and ThePorkchopGamer is right WE WOULD BE CAVEMEN AND CAVEWOMEN
09/29/2013 4:57 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Taco
unicornpenguin
Minecraft gone
Pokémon gone
TV's gone
electronics out the window
NO LUCARIO
Goodbye Karp karp magikarp
Bye bye Swag
You only live once YOLO
All possible theories would go bye bye
via Possibly in a completely alternate dimension every thing that we describe here is going on there
09/29/2013 4:51 pm
Level 23 : Expert Artist
nyancatfeaver45
This post wouldn't exist. Nuff said.
09/29/2013 4:48 pm
MatTheMan
Read all reply's, Your right society would be a meltdown Lack of intelligence, our species would die in a few centuries..
09/29/2013 4:48 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
krugle
Depends on what form of school your are talking about. If its traditional schooling as in a couple dozen or so students in 1 room learning from one individual, then chances are it would just slip back to a home learning environment parents teaching their children everything they know. Schools do not facilitate the progression of technology and society it falls onto the individual who has fore site and looks for ways to better themselves, as in there would still be scientists but rather than someone going to school to learn a particular field of thought one may hang around someone who is working in that field already and learn directly from them.
Now if you are talking about no schooling in any sense as in not learning from parents or others then We as a species wouldn't exist every higher animal learns from its parents on how to survive.
09/29/2013 4:40 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
If there had never been, never was, and never will be any school at all, then we would just be primitive bacterial soup. Evolution as a fact will always lead to education of a species. It is impossible for there not to be "school". "School" can also be defined as a bunch of children sitting around an elder listening to stories, and passing it on to their children. School of fish, a synchronized organization, will always exist. And then the slang term, schooled, as in to be taught or have a lesson taught upon one, will always exist. There will always be "school".
09/29/2013 4:33 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Dwarf
spires33
if you mean public school then not really there is home school i am home schooled and i am just fine but school in genral if it was gone it would be bad and ok at the same time cuz we would learn stuff from stuff we do and we would talk to are friends about it and i have never learned how to build a house but a have an idea on how to build a small one and we would be only about 1000 years behind cuz the public school system has only been around for a few thousand years i think i may be wrong though so in other words it would not be so bad but on the bad side we would not know how to make video games! that would be terrible! i would cry!!!
09/29/2013 5:15 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Dragon
Sudnarat
Home School has not be kind to you.
09/29/2013 4:44 pm
spires33
and dont dis my spelling cuz i learned how to read in public school! and write
09/29/2013 4:31 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Robot
MetalSonic9999
^killjoy clown above ^
09/29/2013 4:51 pm
nyancatrox1
09/29/2013 4:23 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1247896
[deleted]
09/29/2013 4:35 pm
spires33
SWAG INTO RUIN THAT SOUND WONDERFUL SCHOOLS GO POOF NOW I DONT CARE IF THE WORLD GOES TO POO IF SWAG GOES AWAY THE WORLD WOULD BE ALOT OF A BETTER PLACE
09/29/2013 4:15 pm
Level 40 : Master Cake
aman207
We would all be like the 10 year old's that couldn't spell anything even if they wanted to.
09/29/2013 4:12 pm
nyancatrox1
When the Apocalypse happened, zombies would be like this:

Then they would befriend humans.
09/29/2013 4:27 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1247896
[deleted]
09/29/2013 4:41 pm
nyancatrox1
*cough* I wasn't being serious, and I'm not stupid *cough*
09/29/2013 4:06 pm
Level 24 : Expert Dragonborn
41paladinman
There would be no education,
Therefore, no computers,
Therefore, no programmers,
Therefore, no programs,
Therefore, NO MINECRAFT.
AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!
09/29/2013 4:02 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
VestazicTexturePack
PEEPS WOULDN'T OF KNEW HOW TO MAKE OUR PCs and MACS! NOTCH WOULD OF NEVER INVENTED MINECRAFT BECUZ JAVA WOULD OF NEVER EXTISTED! CYPREZZ WOULD NEVER OF CREATED PMC
09/29/2013 4:00 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Hero
MrFang
Imagine a world filled with people who don't know what the quadratic equation is... oh wait that's kinda how it is now :S
09/29/2013 4:00 pm
Level 45 : Master Engineer
usa
Well, if school didn't exist today...
The rich would get a formal education, the poor, not so much. People would do the family trade, whatever it is. People would be trained in that specific area. I think the only difference between now and if there were no schools is that our knowledge would be a lot less broad and that we would know everything there is to know about one particular thing.

But in reality, if there are no schools today, there will be schools some day. So it would just be a matter of time before society demanded a public education system.
09/29/2013 3:59 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Blacksmith
Henry_Jekyll
Wait a second...

It would become minecraft! evr 1 wold b talkin liek dis, we would live in dirt houses, mine, survive, eat food, and need to do jobs like cut trees down!

Minecraft and the world without school would really be the same with the first example.
09/29/2013 3:56 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Cowboy
Star
I would die.
09/29/2013 3:55 pm
Level 21 : Expert Modder
Creeper_Modder
Death by Cows!
09/29/2013 3:47 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Geek
CPTN_Lickwindows
instead of building a dirt house in minecraft ... it would be in real life....
09/29/2013 3:49 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
Team
*Clap* *Clap* *Clap* *Clap* *Clap*

That was beautiful
09/29/2013 3:43 pm
Level 40 : Master Taco
Swimmer1929
While some people despise school... I'm pretty sure we all know that it's probably the single most important thing in our lives that will shape our future.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome