What type of server should I start?

Timoxhy's Avatar Timoxhy4/29/13 6:51 pm
5/5/2013 5:16 am
isaac_miner's Avatar isaac_miner
What type of server should I start? I'm thinking Hardcore faction, to where if you die you get banned for a couple or something else. What do you think I should do? Also faction server tend shut down pretty fast since there are so many of them. So again what do you think I should do?

Thanks,
Timoxhy
Timoxhy
Level 47 : Master Narwhal

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/29/2013 6:54 pm
Level 23 : Expert Modder
variXian
Hmm, i have always liked Prison servers, or extreme survival servers.

BTW: if you ever need a Co-Owner, Admin, or Moderator, pm me. I am interested in a new server to staff and ill join yours if its ok!

THX!
~ZC
04/29/2013 6:56 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
PeachDAboss
I have always liked Pvp server or, survival servers. I also like Prison servers.
04/29/2013 6:59 pm
Level 25 : Expert Ninja
Guycraft
Maybe a PvP server with mini games and survival worlds its kinda a multi server thing. (i can help u set up the plugins if u like) I am a good builder too just let me know if u like my idea.. p.s i need to join a new server , can i get co-owner or head admin please? I know a lot about plugins and building.
04/29/2013 7:14 pm
Level 47 : Master Narwhal
Timoxhy
I had all three of your guys ideas into one server for about 2 months, Had 2 regular players that would play for about 5 mins...
04/29/2013 7:19 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Skinner
Epic_Lil_Dude2
I would make a Kingdom server. Its sounds weird but pm me if you want to know more. I would love to tell you what i have in mind.
04/29/2013 7:25 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
14manj01
I'm currently making a big 500 slot dedicated server and don't have a good idea Either lol.
04/29/2013 7:26 pm
variXian
Hey dude, i have some good ideas, and if you need a co-owner, i wouldnt mind helping out!
04/29/2013 7:36 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
14manj01
What did you have in mind?
04/29/2013 7:44 pm
variXian
I liked the idea of a Prison server, or maybe a Survival server.

Or maybe a Medieval server. With a giant castle for a spawn. The ranks could be like [Knight] or [Templar] and other awesome stuff.
05/05/2013 5:14 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
Putri_Boost
i am intrested in making a kit pvp server. if you are intrested pm me.
04/29/2013 7:29 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Modder
Lpswheat
I personally think that you should START a small 30 slot server, small, with a community, have a plot world, build world, Factions world, and a Survival world(NON PVP), that would make your server not as common(and thats just to make it a good unique server). Have custom plugins, not just plugins that everyone uses(but essentials is a good one), allow all players to fly, don't yet allow donations, later..later...
04/29/2013 7:29 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
A "Games" server is always good. Have you ever been on Skydoesminecraft's sg server? It's filled with things. It's got Parkour, Survival, Hunger Games, Creative, Bow Warfare, Super Craft Bros, and many other things.

If you were to make a server, I'd be interested in a server like that. But with more games, like the Walls, Cluster Chunk, Cops and Robbers, Survival island, Sky Block, and other things. Just remember, any server you make will get the attention of everyone, as long as you
SPAM IT EVERYWHERE!!!! SPAM IT, SPAM IT, SPAM IT!!!!

Just kidding. Advertise it on a few Minecraft Server websites, and it'll get the attention of many people.
Just remember to be nice to everyone, no matter how insignificant they are.
04/29/2013 7:33 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
agent2839
Ok first of all lets try to be realistic you most likely have no experience in java so youll have to get plugins from bukkit all those plugins that you people are metioning are custom while their are some on bukkit they are in beta and are full of bugs custom plugins do not mean for sure youll get a popular server also paying someone to make you a custom plugin is very expensive your best bet is to make like a 30 slot server and once your community grows expand it then
04/29/2013 7:37 pm
Lpswheat
What, me? Oh, yes I have experience in java.
04/29/2013 7:38 pm
variXian
I liked the idea of a Prison server, or maybe a Survival server.

Or maybe a Medieval server. With a giant castle for a spawn. The ranks could be like [Knight] or [Templar] and other awesome stuff.
04/29/2013 7:52 pm
Lpswheat
Herp a derp a derp ZamCraft99 Don't do that, that just makes it a derpy server that has nothing to do but be the same as any othere server, we don't want an overused idea we want original, sorry ZamCraft99 about critisizing but it's true, your probably trying to get over a server that you played on a while back and you can't afford a new server so you want to get another person to do your idea. Anyways, I just don't want a overused server and I am guessing that a lot of PMCers would agree with me, as in not having to sift through all the Factions, PVP servers or Prison OR mediaval, server because they are not unique, I personally think that I hate having to shift through all the regular servers in PMC I hope you understand.
04/29/2013 7:54 pm
variXian
And that. my friends, is how we start a flame war.

Why the heck would you criticize other people's ideas? Leave that to the OP... -_-
04/29/2013 7:57 pm
Lpswheat
Sorry for critisizing, it's just that they are overused.
04/29/2013 7:58 pm
variXian
again: Leave that for the OP to say if he wants to. If you have a problem with my ideas, go make another thread about it. Dont criticize when you have no right too.
05/04/2013 10:42 pm
Level 29 : Expert Scribe
_DioM_
A forum is meant as a place where one can discuss their (often opposing) viewpoints..

Aside from that, factions, pvp, raid, 'hardcore', and grief are way overdone
04/29/2013 10:08 pm
agent2839
14manj01 any type of server will do good as long as you make it sucessful and devote enough time to it personally right now from what I've seen faction servers are super popular like my friend started one a couple of days ago and bam hes got like 20 plus people on at all times the demand in different types of servers changes depending on what the minecraft community wants since a lot of people are buying minecraft they are preferring easy servers until they get the hang of minecraft and right now faction servers are the easiest server for them. For example when the movie The Hunger Games was coming out the demand in Hunger Games servers was huge I had a ton of Hunger Games servers nowadays those servers can barely get 10 people it just depends on the minecraft communities interest like I have said before but good luck in picking what kind of server you want if you need help on making a server or help with plugins or permissions just ask me.
05/04/2013 10:28 pm
agent2839
TimoxhyWhat type of server should I start? I'm thinking Hardcore faction, to where if you die you get banned for a couple or something else. What do you think I should do? Also faction server tend shut down pretty fast since there are so many of them. So again what do you think I should do?

Thanks,
Timoxhy

not really if you make your server cracked then and its factions it wont shut down but not many people want cracked servers
05/04/2013 10:41 pm
Level 29 : Expert Scribe
_DioM_
Come up with a fresh idea. :3
05/05/2013 3:21 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Architect
OaksVirals
Always start a server you would enjoy playing on yourself. If you create something your unfamiliar with or wouldn't play on the your not going to stick around long enough to run it properly.
05/05/2013 4:03 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragon
ElexOfficial
Heres a list of servers you can make off the top of my head:
- Survival Server
- Minigame Server
- PVP Server
- Factions Server
- Prison Server
- Creative Server

You can combine them too.. survival and minigame or.. pvp with a creative world...
Be creative!
05/05/2013 4:13 am
Level 22 : Expert Grump
Arty
People will get bored if everything stays the same.
As much as people make faction servers, or survival servers, they just get a bit boring.

You need changing things... Things that make people come back.
If I had my own idea I would use it, so I can't help you there, but think minigames, small things that keep people coming back for more.
05/05/2013 4:56 am
Level 24 : Expert Princess
Petals4013
I have loads of ideas, so if you're still looking for ideas, feel free to PM me
05/05/2013 5:16 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
isaac_miner
a nice server with nice players and nice onwer and mods
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com