Got an idea, want it to come to life? [WebDev]

_scrunch's Avatar _scrunch1/22/15 8:05 pm
1/23/2015 1:44 pm
_scrunch's Avatar _scrunch
Hello everyone!
Today I thought I'd ask the members of PMC on what they would like to see/use, now the question may seem vague, and well, that's because it is. So, let's narrow it down to the main points.

It would be a functional website
It would allow players to interact with eachother

To get a better understanding of what I'm asking, I want to create the next big thing for the Minecraft Community, now obviously creating another site like PMC is out of the question because PMC does it's job fine, and is in no need of a replacement. I need some suggestions on what you think could improve the community as a whole, ideas, designs, colours etc.. All of these things are very important in creating something spectacular. Now, what ever I do decide to create, I know that things just don't magically become popular and may never will, but the point of this is to experiment and see what new, fresh ideas we can bring to the table.

So! Got an idea, suggestions? Post it below and let's see what we can come up with. I look forward to seeing the comments (If I get any!). Have a nice day!
_scrunch
Level 17 : Journeyman Pony

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/23/2015 1:12 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Terrobility
So you want a website that connects gamers. I think you should add a client-side mod that will allow others to see what server you are connected to, join your Teamspeak/Mumble/Skype and other stuff to link you ingame.

You could add a friends system and... I really don't know but if you can link each other ingame, that would be awesome!
01/23/2015 1:44 pm
_scrunch
Sounds very cool! However, this would require Java, something which I am not so good at! I could code the server side of it all but I wouldn't be able to code the client side! Nice idea though! Thanks for the respond!
01/22/2015 10:44 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1820037
[deleted]
01/23/2015 8:32 am
_scrunch
WebDev was added to the title just as a broad description of what content I would create. A mod for the game would be very cool, however I do not know how to code in Java that well and so creating something complex is out of the question for me to do, unless, of course, there is an experienced Java programmer who is familiar with the Minecraft Code and how it works and would be willing to help. I've got a cool idea the community would love to download for a mod, but it would take some time to complete, the web development side of it I could do, but again, the Java side of it, I could not. Thanks for the respond.
01/22/2015 10:38 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Turtle
Tdonny
This could be cool!
01/23/2015 8:32 am
_scrunch
Hopefully it becomes something cool! Thanks for the respond!
01/22/2015 8:24 pm
Level 27 : Expert Artist
JoaoPauloC100
I don't really understand. Something like a social network?
01/22/2015 8:30 pm
_scrunch
A social network could be a great idea, however, I believe there is already a social network for Minecraft Players. We could, however, take some of the elements of a social network and combine them with other things to create something new.
01/22/2015 8:38 pm
Level 27 : Expert Artist
JoaoPauloC100
Oooh, oh. Now I understand. I'll see what I can think of.
01/22/2015 8:44 pm
_scrunch
Thanks for the replies!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome