What do you hate about gaming community nowadays?

Azrath's Avatar Azrath2/22/16 11:48 am
1 emeralds 5.1k 133
3/3/2016 7:42 pm
JozyP's Avatar JozyP
Me,

first off when someone has "SomethingsomethingYT" name. Like why in the hell would you need to put that "YT" which stands for "YouTube" in your name.

DO you work for YouTube? NO, than please do not name your self "SomethingYT"!

Toxic part of community. Each game has it. Like if you are getting killed, deal with it and move on. Do you rage when you kill someone? Of course not, you act like nothing happened so act with getting killed in video game like that too!

Is someone better than you? Than 99% he does not hack! I hate how many people, especially in CS GO assume you are hacking just because you are better than them. Just get over it, learn a few tips and tricks and get better at games or quit!

Now those were my few share of bits of what I hate about gaming communities nowadays and would like to hear your reasons of why you hate it!
Azrath
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/03/2016 9:40 am
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
People who read one part of a post and then write a hasty reply, only to discover that the post has another part to it...
03/03/2016 7:42 pm
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
Ya, I tend to do that alot.
03/03/2016 8:59 am
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
Anything anime related..
03/03/2016 9:02 am
JozyP
^^^
Plus the fact that there are hundreds of posts on this same exact thing.
I also hate the fact that everyone, everyone blames their game experience beng ruined by children. It's just so freaking immature.
03/03/2016 4:28 am
Level 20 : Expert Robot
EEVV
What I generally hate are fanboys. They will blindly ignore your opinion to make their brand (or whatever) sound better, and that you feel like your missing out.

I had an argument with a friend of mine (gamer). I brought up the fact, that I was using Linux at that time. It triggered a huge argument, it literally turned into a war.

And the most annoying thing was, that he ignored my solid facts about Linux, things like:
"Many Linux distros have a packaging system that is far superior to that of Window's"
He replied, by stating that the Window's updates are more superior.

Kill me.
03/02/2016 11:36 pm
Level 42 : Master Princess
aikoya
Everything.
03/02/2016 9:09 pm
Level 46 : Master Technomancer
Melancholism
Well, there's a lot I hate about the gaming community now.
Let's just say a few. One thing is that people online act like jerks and bullies.
Also I agree with what you're saying about the YT thing after thier name! Like, I've seen so many people with names like; DeathPvp or DeathYT or KillerMLG. Like, what's that supposed to mean? Personally, I like a username that's simple and short. Like, Epoch. That's currently my MC name. There's so many other things I hate about gaming now.
02/29/2016 9:21 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Sardonyx
FireEmblemFates
EnderDurant
FireEmblemFates-console fanboys/stans
-people who think minecraft is either the pinnacle of video games or the worst game ever. one extreme or the next
-people who take gaming way too seriously
-gamer girls (i only mean ones who play video games or act like they do to get attention)
-undertale

Gamer girls are an issue? That's extremely sexist..... Yes it's bad if people are like "I'm a girl!" just to get attention or items, but you said gamer girls who play video games are bad....
I'm a girl, and I'm offended by this...

FireEmblemFates(i only mean ones who play video games or act like they do to get attention)

FireEmblemFatesto get attention)

i have no problem with girls playing video games. i admit i could've worded that better, but please do pay regards to what i pointed out in the quotes above me

ok, I was confused, because it said "i only mean ones who play video games", which means all girls who play video games. ^^
02/29/2016 8:55 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Shadow_Stalker01
Those "so pro" gamers that really play like 2 year olds. I mean, you and your ego are fine, if they don't need me as a "H4CKER" Just because I killed you. me and my rants.
02/29/2016 7:46 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
FireEmblemFates
-undertale

lol

02/29/2016 7:17 pm
Level 1 : New Network
FireEmblemFates
-console fanboys/stans
-people who think minecraft is either the pinnacle of video games or the worst game ever. one extreme or the next
-people who take gaming way too seriously
-gamer girls (i only mean ones who play video games or act like they do to get attention)
-undertale
02/29/2016 8:54 pm
Sardonyx
Gamer girls are an issue? That's extremely sexist..... Yes it's bad if people are like "I'm a girl!" just to get attention or items, but you said gamer girls who play video games are bad....
I'm a girl, and I'm offended by this...
02/29/2016 9:11 pm
Level 1 : New Network
FireEmblemFates
FireEmblemFates(i only mean ones who play video games or act like they do to get attention)

FireEmblemFatesto get attention)

i have no problem with girls playing video games. i admit i could've worded that better, but please do pay regards to what i pointed out in the quotes above me
02/29/2016 9:06 pm
JozyP
Wait, you're a girl? Anyway, yah, the Gamer Girl thing isn't really doesn't ruin the "gaming community". There are hundreds of xXCoolBoy432Xx and stuff like that. Just makes a less unique name, but doesn't hurt anything.
03/03/2016 8:38 am
Sardonyx
Yes I'm a girl ;P
02/29/2016 6:59 pm
Level 49 : Master Lad
no requests
everything about it, the community is crap.

i only play video games with my friends :^)
02/29/2016 6:25 pm
Level 22 : Expert Princess
arlodee
People that waste their time arguing on a minecraft fansite even though it achieves nothing.
02/29/2016 6:14 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Sergeant Sarcasm
Now here's a good juicy gaming story, pardon the insinuation of offensive language:

Aside from that, I just generally hate people who are too competitive. I was playing Rocket League casual doubles with my friend, and we were against a dude who was and made one goal against us, and the other who was also kinda alright who also made a goal. But when he did this, he decided to say in chat "Wow you suck" to me because I was practicing my goalie skills and missed one singular shot. So having the game at 1-2, my friend says "Dude... Just go offense. Kick his a**" and I proceeded to regain my honor by stomping him into the dirt goal after goal all while my other friends were screaming "GET -snip- ON" as they watched. And of course, at the end of the match, I couldn't let him get away without saying that and realizing what he unleashed, and said "Who's bad now?" He proceeded to say "Sorry, I don't play with noobs" and disconnected from the server leaving his more than capable teammate stuck in a 1v2 with a bot. No honor.

Ah, I know what you mean. I play Rocket League all the time, and the only bad thing I can say about the game is the community is too competitive.

I mean, it makes sense to be competitive in the competitive matches. Your place on the leaderboard and your ranks are on the line. But there is alot of competitive people in the casual matches as well.

I even once had a story similar to yours. I was in a competitive 1v1, back when it was Season 1. I was versing this random guy, and I was doing really well. I think it was 4-nil with 3 minutes remaining. Then this guy decided to swear and curse at me in Caps Lock. All I did was laugh it off and continued to crush him in the scoreboard, but I just felt sad that people like him act so salty because of a game.
02/29/2016 4:36 pm
Level 20 : Expert Architect
Robihn
Drzzter
Robihn

(example: "Oh no, it's a squeaker, I hate when kids play these games...").

'But, then again that keeps the CoD kiddies away from good games.'

ahem

Alright, I should probably edit that, it's more CoD players in general.
02/29/2016 4:26 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Vampire
Drzzter
Robihn

(example: "Oh no, it's a squeaker, I hate when kids play these games...").

'But, then again that keeps the CoD kiddies away from good games.'

ahem
02/29/2016 4:17 pm
Level 20 : Expert Architect
Robihn
Oh man, I don't even know where to start on this topic, so I'm gonna try to be as brief as possible.

I think the worst thing about the gaming community is the toxic people that thrive in games. People who feel the need to tear others down instead of lift them up, the sexism that I constantly see in almost all big gaming communities, and all of the "older & mature" gamers who feel like they're the only ones entitled to the game (example: "Oh no, it's a squeaker, I hate when kids play these games..."). Most of the gaming community is toxic. I especially hate how people treat others on teamwork based games. Many gamers tend to act self-centered instead of helping each other out.

Another thing that really bothers me is the whole "pay to win" thing. I don't think there can be much said about that. It annoys me that spoiled brats who spend their parents money win games instead of gamers who have worked and played hard.

The whole "graphics over gameplay" thing that everyone seems to jump on. Recently with Fallout 4 people continued to complain about the graphics, "Oh no, these graphics aren't super realistic, it must not be a good game,". It sucks to know that people avoid games because their graphics aren't considered to be the most realistic thing they've ever seen. But, then again that keeps the CoD kiddies away from good games.

There's so much more to elaborate on, but I'm gonna stop myself here.
02/29/2016 6:28 pm
JozyP
This too, except the Pay to Win doesn't bother me as much.
02/29/2016 3:51 pm
JozyP
What do I hate about the gaming communities "nowadays"? The amount of posts on this exact topic.
02/29/2016 3:56 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Darkshooter86
Right?
02/29/2016 1:30 pm
Level 22 : Expert Taco
FLAMESS123
I hate kids with a high ego.
I especially hate it if their username starts a lowercase i and ends with a z.
example: iHackerz - I actually saw this username as well as many others that followed this kinda format.
Another thing I hate is when somebody has YT in their name and/or they carry themselves as a big person, or some sort of special "youtuber", though Im a youtuber I'm probably the most basic person on the servers.. Its all about the ego.
02/29/2016 11:59 am
Level 48 : Master Blob
ABigFatTomato
i HATE people with usernames that r xXnamegoeshereXx!!!! Y would u do that! it make u look SOOOOO DUMB!!!
02/29/2016 12:06 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Architect
TotallyNotMe
I hate kids.
02/29/2016 1:05 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Network
Flappo
So, you hate like 50% of the minecraft community? Nice guy!
Btw, what's your age?

PS: You're a kid until you're 18th.
02/29/2016 1:29 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
and you're a teenager until 20, not 18.
02/29/2016 1:01 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
02/29/2016 11:21 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
Burabura13
Noobs should be helped, but sometimes, they are just way too stubborn and annoying.
Not necessarily noobs, but when someone just goes into a guild or challenge or something else they are not prepared for AT ALL, they stay there, out of the way and come back in at the end to reap resources waaaaay too overpowered for them.
(this is mostly in MH4U, but it exists in a lot of MMOs, I might be wrong though)
It just irritates me so.
02/29/2016 9:06 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
Kinda to branch off of what OP contributed to the thread in the post, I find it even more ridiculous when people put "PvP" or "PlaysMC" in their name.
No! Really? You play Minecraft? It's not like I can see that right now without having to look at your name.

Now here's a good juicy gaming story, pardon the insinuation of offensive language:

Aside from that, I just generally hate people who are too competitive. I was playing Rocket League casual doubles with my friend, and we were against a dude who was and made one goal against us, and the other who was also kinda alright who also made a goal. But when he did this, he decided to say in chat "Wow you suck" to me because I was practicing my goalie skills and missed one singular shot. So having the game at 1-2, my friend says "Dude... Just go offense. Kick his a**" and I proceeded to regain my honor by stomping him into the dirt goal after goal all while my other friends were screaming "GET -snip- ON" as they watched. And of course, at the end of the match, I couldn't let him get away without saying that and realizing what he unleashed, and said "Who's bad now?" He proceeded to say "Sorry, I don't play with noobs" and disconnected from the server leaving his more than capable teammate stuck in a 1v2 with a bot. No honor.
02/29/2016 3:45 am
Azrath
Keep this thread going, I love reading those replies and knowing that this, THIS community is awesome as there was no fight at all in this thread....

other than that pokemon fight thingy for a bit...
02/28/2016 9:27 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Glamourous Legs
(Don't know if this has been said yet, but I'll put it here anyway.)
People that treat a game like everything good. Yes, you can love a game. Yes, you can tell people you like the game. But do not shove it in people's faces when it's unrelated. Made a replica on Minecraft? Cool! Tell some people that like that game, and maybe they'll check it out, and everything's ok. But DO NOT SPAM THE WHOLE CHAT SECTION WITH "pls check this out it's cool I spent forever on it tpa tpa tpa". Also, don't say "OMG LOOK AT MA NAME IT'S CHICAFIVENIGHTS ISN'T THAT COOL SO COOL WOW!". (Again, sorry if this has been said before! :C)
02/28/2016 8:47 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
GiraffeCircle
When people ask for likes like,

"Like for God"

I mean, don't get me wrong, I love God, but I am not liking an image just because you want people to, purposely making them feel guilty for not liking it.

(Did that make ANY sense?)
02/27/2016 9:43 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Engineer
Hive_Mind
People who complain too much. (I say, while complaining in a thread specifically about complaining)

Like about Fallout 4.
Was it as good as Fallout 3, New Vegas, Oblivion, or Skyrim? No, probably not, at least not yet with no DLC. But it's not "worst game of the year waste of $60 can't believe I bought that Bethesda should be ashamed I hate this game can I return it" bad.
02/27/2016 9:47 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Well, in terms of a game released in 2015, charged for $60 for a lackluster game, EA Star Wars Battlefront did that worst.

Plus, you know, Fallout 4 was actually good.
02/28/2016 6:17 am
Azrath
Battlefront (if you can even call it like that, rather Battlefield - Star Wars Edition) was pretty dull. I played beta and I honestly do not care if it changed or not, the content that I seen on YouTube and experienced in beta was not worth my 60$, rather spent it on something that has some content like Fallout 4.

I LOVED Battlefront 2, Space Battles, Massive fights, Jedi vs Jedi fights, more than 6 Jedi'es, more maps, better game play, soldier classes, mission(even thou they are random maps with scripted events and cut scenes it still felt as mission of how awesome it was done), MODS!

That is what I really dislike about Battlefront, there are nor will be MODS.

Also one more thing, that they called it "Star Wars Battlefront" instead of "Battlefront 3" or something just because there is already a Battlefront star wars and it beats the new Battlefront by all means.
02/27/2016 9:50 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Engineer
Hive_Mind
I don't know why people complain about Battlefront either. Most people say it "lacks content," but there seemed to be plenty of content to me. Hell, they've even done free DLC for the game. FREE DLC. FROM EA GAMES. That doesn't happen with other EA games. But then again, if I was a bigger fan of Space Battles in the old Battlefront games, I'm sure I'd be more disappointed than I am.

I thought Fallout 4 was a good game in the realm of "All video games" and a not-so-good game in the realm of "Bethesda games."
02/27/2016 9:02 pm
Level 23 : Expert Taco
Meowmers_n_Buttz
Heck, I could go on for DAYS saying what I hate.
First of all, the hacking thing. My brother was at a legend give away on Mineplex, and was about to get Legend for winning three games in a row. Right when he was gonna get it, some noob HAD to say "He beat me! He hacks!". Then, me and my brother were kicked off the server. People have to understand that other people can be better than them.
Second of all is calling people stupid because they aren't as good of a gamer than them. When someone is really nooby, DEAL WITH IT! Calling them retards or idiots or WAY worse things isn't going to help them, or you. It'll only feed the demon possessing you to bully other people. NOBODY is perfect, so deal with it.
Imma finish mah raging there so you aren't blinded by my anger
02/29/2016 11:36 am
Level 21 : Expert Fish
MrCatSquid
You completely deserved to get kicked for believing that you were ACTUALLY going to get a Legend rank. I hate people who believe those, I mean, c'mon, use common sense.
02/27/2016 7:19 pm
Sardonyx
I hate it when people say that things are cancer. Yes you don't like it, but cancer is a legitimate issue, and you especially shouldn't call fanbases cancer, since that's saying that it is a disease thing that it killing people, and fanbases really aren't...
Also, I hate generalisation. Things like "everyone in the FNaF/Undertale fanbase sucks!" Yes, there are annoying people who won't let you say an opinion unless it's the same as theirs, but there are also PLENTY of nice people who like FNaF and Undertale. You can say that there are people in the fanbases that you don't like, but please don't act like liking a game means that you are automatically a jerk...
02/27/2016 7:08 pm
Level 27 : Expert Unicorn
NamedCow750
I dislike how big the gaming community is now. This sounds horrible but I liked it when there wasn't everyone saying they are a "gamer" because they own 2 games. You become a gamer when you have being gaming for a long period of time. I have been playing computer games for around 3/4 of my life which says two things. 1) I am a gamer. 2) I am fairly young. But just because I am young does not mean I am a gamer.

Another thing I hate is the hatred for young people. Hehe... Ironic...
I try not to speak online and prefer to type because there is such a strong hatred for someone with a voice that isn't deep. The only way you can be forgiven for this is if you are a female. It's not my fault I was born male. I didn't choose! Now I have to wait before I speak until I become comfortable with my voice whereas a female human can speak as young as they want because they are female.

Another thing I hate is how young people act online. When young, you think the whole world revolves around you unless you are realistic such as I am... Because of this every youngster develops a high ego and acts like a annoying little *****. This then creates a stereotype for young people which ruins it for other people such as me.

When it was small, it was better.
02/27/2016 6:54 pm
Level 26 : Expert Pirate
Han Solo
Drzzter
AnimeFanFTWThere's alot I hate about the gaming community.

1. People get unbelievably defensive over a game series they like. While defending a game calmly is fine, alot of people take the criticism like their lives are at stake. Even if you say a game's flaw as a joke, people will treat it like you killed someone. Wanna joke about a thing you don't like about Undertale? Wanna say that Final Fantasy 7 isn't your favorite Final Fantasy game? People will riot, no matter how calmly you said it. At the end of the day, it's just a game. Just because people have a different opinion, doesn't mean your experience with the game is ruined. -snip-

This, this and this.

I joined a Minecraft Realm with one of my friends last night, I was immediately confronted with 3-4 Undertale Roleplayers. I knew/was friends with most of them in the past, so I jokingly made some sort of comment about them being 'Undertale Fangirls' and ended it with a smile emote :^) in a well mannered and friendly way.

One of them got super defensive and started attacking me over it before one of her opped friends jumped in and spammed me with /kill literally dozens upon dozens of times until I was forced to leave the server.

I myself am a fan of Undertale as well and I usually don't mind it too much if I see people 'fangirling' or whatever, I just thought I'd playfully poke 'em.

People take their obsessions too far quite a bit, to the point of treating anyone who doesn't like the character/game/etc like garbage. The folks who do that really erk me. Not everyone likes the same thing as you do, and that's hardly a reason to be rude to them.

This is basically it.
02/27/2016 6:44 pm
Level 22 : Expert Dragon
SAO
I hate how everyone is so toxic with the names and how if you get a good combo on someone they're just like ''oMG hAX!11!1 bAN rEPORT EZ EZEWZZEEZEZ''
02/27/2016 9:05 pm
Level 23 : Expert Taco
Meowmers_n_Buttz
I can't stop laughing looking at this xD
02/27/2016 3:36 pm
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
02/27/2016 6:42 pm
Sardonyx
I agree. When I play on servers, I never say what my gender is, and even if someone calls me he, I don't really care...
02/27/2016 6:37 pm
Level 48 : Master Dragonborn
Urrnge
That's not sexism, that's just thirsty dudes trying to get girls in a video game.
02/27/2016 7:02 pm
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome