What do you like to see in an adventure map?

g2f's Avatar g2f12/31/12 4:52 pm
1 emeralds 123 3
12/31/2012 6:39 pm
g2f's Avatar g2f
Hi,

I'm planning on making a space themed adventure map called "Omega". I want to know what the community like to see in it though.

My main Debates are as follows:

How many players it should be for? (or do multiple maps dependant)

Cut-Scene and YouTube? Do you like to see a wall of text or a video to open (with Royalty free music)

Or

using commands blocks as a form of story telling? Do you like reading what characters say from chat, book or a signs?

Project thread: Coming soon!

Lots of blocks,
Going2far (http://YouTube.com/going2far/)
g2f
Level 14 : Journeyman Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/31/2012 6:39 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Crafter
g2f
Great suggestions guys!

The cut scenes can be short and sweet and I am able to re skin mobs in - game without mods.

All text and speech can be done with command blocks linked to a mine cart detector rail system.

Editing: I can edit and record, I am a veteran Vegas pro editor.

I may need a voice actor though. Any more suggestions.
12/31/2012 6:13 pm
Level 25 : Expert Dragonborn
thisisme106
Cutscenes- But you are going to need to make a relatable, attractive character that you encounter in alot of the cutscenes, like as an extra motivation to beat the game, so you can see what happens to your favorite character. Like Alyx from the half life series.
12/31/2012 5:41 pm
Level 47 : Master Lad
Doggle
A cutscene might be nice, but then only problem is it can become too time consuming. command blocks would be the best way to go now, but if you feel so inclined to use cutscenes, your gonna have to have actors, recorders and editors.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome