What's Your Guys's Opinion On CoD? (Call of Duty)

iYokay's Avatar iYokay9/30/13 11:35 am
9/30/2013 2:16 pm
MemerRedeemer's Avatar MemerRedeemer
Hey guys, I was just wondering what a some Minecrafter's point of view on this is!
Let me know in the comments/replies!

Here's some examples for you non-CoD goers.
Yes, these are my edits, that I did.

iYokay
Level 6 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/30/2013 2:11 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1118998
[deleted]
09/30/2013 2:05 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
CoD is a decent game. It has to be otherwise it wouldn't have sold for so much. The community is the problem, not the game. A vast majority of CoD players (in my experience) are Leet 360 No-Scope Tryhard Womanizers whose only job is to be super annoying and put down other players in the lobby. I prefer to play private games with friends if I do play at all.

I actually vastly prefer Battlefield to any of the CoD games. The squad system and the map sizes allow for a lot more co-op than any CoD games do, which I definately appreciate. Also, there's less camping in Battlefield, since the maps are so much larger (with of course a few exceptions). And vehicles. Who doesn't like vehicles?
09/30/2013 1:57 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Pokemon
Nevin
I think it has addicting game play. The game itself is not fun but what it pulls off in a player's mind makes it seem so.

You get to manage a lot of gear and perks, in trying to find the best gun/perk combination. In reality you die to fast to have an overall 'best' gun/perk combination. So what the game feeds off of is how competitive you are not how much fun your really having. This like any competitive game brings out hate in it's players and trust me it shows.

I have played (thinking)... Six of the CallOfDuty games and I feel that they are way past their prime in whats fun and whats competitive. The reality is that the only time you're really having fun is if your winning. This is not true all the time. You will have some games you feel that you don't care about.. You will run around with your knife trying to stab people in only the scrotum for laughs. But in the end you will want to be the best at the game and this is what makes the CallOfDuty franchise money.
09/30/2013 1:52 pm
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
candle_
I think it's okay. Not that great but it's not bad either. It's obsessive fanbois are annoying at times but you just need to ignore them.

The gameplay is pretty bland to me. It just seems really unbalanced. Knifing people in most games takes skill but oneshot knifing in most CoD games is kinda stupid in my opinion. You can't just absorb a ton of SMG bullets and stab someone and have them die instantly. In terms of shooters I prefer Battlefield 3 or TF2, depending on which I feel like playing.

As for the video, it seems over-edited. A couple nice headshots in slow motion is nice, but the excessive screen turning and whatnot is too much in my opinion. I don't know what it is, but in some parts it's hard to tell what's going on, even in 1080p; the screen seemed blurry. Not sure what that was. That being said, it's all a mater of personal taste, some people like that kinda thing, but I prefer normal gameplay with a bit of zoom or slow motion during certain scenes, nothing more.
09/30/2013 1:40 pm
Level 40 : Master Procrastinator
-Rusty-
H-MAN_25
olebrumse123321It sucks so mutch you have no idea

Must... Resist... Making... Joke...

I'll make it for you...

Call of duty sucks? Well, there goes my life...
09/30/2013 1:38 pm
Level 26 : Expert Cake
eccsdee
olebrumse123321It sucks so mutch you have no idea

Must... Resist... Making... Joke...
09/30/2013 12:59 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Engineer
olebrumse123321
Yeeaah..
5 Dollar budget
Mediocre gameplay
Just a genuinely bad game
Its stands for ''Childrens Online Daycare'' in my mind

It sucks so mutch you have no idea
09/30/2013 12:44 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Engineer
TempestCraft
I like the game series, mainly only the ones by Infinity Ward since the other one sucks. I like it since I don't see little children going like "OMG HACKER!!!" or "I WILL RAPE YOUR PARENTS!!" (I play the PC version so little children are very rare)
09/30/2013 12:53 pm
iYokay
I play PC because there's only people who are actually serious about gaming, and you don't have 6 year olds going around cussing people out.

I dislike the people who have a PC and act like they're better because of it, I alos hate the console people saying PC gamers are bad people, and consoles will always be better, which IS untrue because it doesn't matter what your opinion is, PC DOES have better FPS and graphics.

I wanna play BO2 now, sadly I don't wanna buy on PC, I still have it on my Xbox from the old days, though
09/30/2013 12:41 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Scribe
CScheer
I preferred the game before they screwed up the franchise. If they wanted to make a modern warfare game, then they are more than welcome to do that. But they shouldn't have used the name of an existing franchise to market it.

Because now everyone associates Call of Duty with the massively popular new games, and I bet the majority of people who play them these days don't even know that it use to be a WW2 franchise.

So IMO, CoD 1-3 is where its at. Although even the third one wasn't that great. CoD 2 is the best.
09/30/2013 2:12 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
AnteJao
I am JUST like you, I used to be a CoD fan like you when it was a WWII franchise a long time ago, and I also think they screwed up. It used to be a GREAT game in 2003-2006, with teamwork, good maps, driveable vehicles, etc. I remember when the maps were good, and the campaign had a nice war feeling, now it's just "epic" (boring) slow-motion scenes whenever a teammate dies, and some dude you have to kill but you just fails all the time, like no ammo when you have a great chance to headshot that guy, and such.

MP used to be, as I mentioned before, teamwork. We used VoIP for orders, like "Advance to rally point Baker!", and we said stuff like, "Well fought." and other stuff like that. Now it's just like "OMG u h4xx0rz u n00b u sux" and only 10 year olds playing.

CoD was so good in 2003 that the Medal of Honor and Battlefield teams were challenged to make the next game in their franchises better to beat CoD. I agree on that CoD 3 (NOT F*CKING MODERN WARFARE 3!!!) was not as good as the others, but it was still a pretty darn good game. The orignal CoD, United Offensive, Finest Hour, Roads to Victory, CoD 2 and CoD 2: Big Red One were to become classics I still enjoy. CoD 3 is something I play sometimes if I'm bored.

Although the franchise was ruined when it became modern warfare, CoD 4 was epic. That was the last good CoD. WaW was not really that much fun, and MW2 made me like, "WTF is this sh*t?" and that made me stop playing new CoD games. MW2 is just quickshots and such, when I was sniping, other players said "OMG u hardscoper", and I got hated. I don't really like 2 shot sniper kills or 15 shot AR kills, it ruined my tactics in newer CoDs.

Well, I shouldn't write so much more, I wrote alot here, but I just want to say that I really hate what CoD has become.
09/30/2013 12:37 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
bethenna
I don't get the point in gun games.. I mean.. you just shoot people over and over so doesn't it just get a bit.. boring?
09/30/2013 12:34 pm
Level 44 : Master Zombie
minecraftworkers
I play cod sometimes more of the old ones cod 4 MW2 cod waw etc... because the new ones are heavily over rated
09/30/2013 12:27 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Batman
taterman88
COD is my favorite game of all time. I love sniping. I was actually 2nd in the world on black ops for the wii for a while. but I probably wont be playing much anymore since the ballista and dsr were both nerfed recently and quickscoping was removed from the new cod ghosts game coming out.

Faze heist is the best.
09/30/2013 12:26 pm
Level 23 : Expert Pirate
Eclipse_Assassin
I like it, I played it at my friends house a couple times (I got pwned XD)
09/30/2013 12:30 pm
iYokay
Yea, it is certainly not a noob-friendly game.
People overreact and take it too seriously.
Like, really? 1mil $ Tournaments for a game?
This is why our generation is so obese, you can make millions for sitting on your a$$.
For instance, "Honey Boo-Boo" (That word makes me cringe), they earn MILLIONS by acting like total fat, dumba$$es, whereas our teachers go to college for years, and work extremely hard, only to get paid 1 40,000th of that.
Sorry I'm getting a bit ranty
09/30/2013 12:08 pm
Level 29 : Expert Princess
ItsMorgan
It looks like a nice game. Just not my cup of tea. I like sniping, but the maps are too small.

Sniper Elite FTW
09/30/2013 12:07 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Ninja
LegendarypvperBrian
I play blackops 1 on pc
09/30/2013 11:43 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
bobert5656
Yeah that is pretty cool, what platform are you on?
If your on xbox we should snipe together sometime:)
I am bobert5
09/30/2013 12:03 pm
iYokay
I play Xbox, but I'm now more of a PC centered "Gamer"
If you wanna do something you can add me on Skype @ iYokay
09/30/2013 11:42 am
Level 32 : Artisan Vampire
LadySpiderwick
Cod in general is overrated and isn't something that gives you the spark to try anymore. It's just another lame game that has fanboys going 'omg cod is so much better than (insert game here)'

To be quite blunt I mostly dislike cod because it's such an overrated game, it may be fun but i think that many of the cod fanboys ruined it for me...plus it's not my kind of game
09/30/2013 11:39 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
Fetch me
It's a fun little good game. Thats all.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome