Why do most of us gamers hate sports?

AnimeFanFTW's Avatar AnimeFanFTW3/24/15 8:46 pm
1 emeralds 1.1k 44
3/31/2015 8:34 pm
Kpfs's Avatar Kpfs
I have one question for all of you: Why do most of us gamers hate sports?

Now, I know that some of us in PMC love sports (me included) (GO THE PENRITH PANTHERS!!!) but why do gamers hate sports?

I mean, heck, the first videogame ever made was a tennis game called Tennis for Two. And the first arcade game was Pong, a tennis-like game. The Madden game series has gone on for more then 25 years. And sports are very fun to play, depending on what you're playing.

So why do gamers hate sports? I really want to know.
AnimeFanFTW
Forum Moderator
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/31/2015 8:34 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Kpfs
AnimeFanFTW
KpfsWell the US government said League Of Legends is a legit sport.

Are you kidding me? -_-

http://www.geek.com/games/us-goverment- ... t-1562188/
03/31/2015 7:57 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Explorer
TylanderGD47
Well i used to like sports untill my left arm broke then i realized: if i keep doing sports, i may kill myself because im accident prone.
03/31/2015 7:46 pm
AnimeFanFTW
KpfsWell the US government said League Of Legends is a legit sport.

Are you kidding me? -_-
03/31/2015 7:20 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Kpfs
Well the US government said League Of Legends is a legit sport. But i love soccer and i love watching soccer.
03/31/2015 7:08 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
raininfinite
Hate is such a strong Word I just Very Dislike Sports
03/31/2015 5:22 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Demolitionist
KawaiiMiku
I can run extremely fast for a very long time, despite having annoying short legs, and if stairs count as a sport, I'm probably the champion. I was also very good at swimming as a kid (now I hate water). But competitive (school) sport is basically the reason why my social skills are as messed up as they are today, due to being yelled/mocked at by my "friends" and teammates basically my entire school life and being bullied/laughed at for "sucking at sport".
Also the indoors are more appealing and there's less chance of me dying from skin cancer if I don't go outdoors. Plus all my friends are just like me when it comes to sport, spare a few, so I have basically no motivation to join anything.
03/29/2015 9:16 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Dragon
Skitto493
It's because, since we've played video games, sports seem boring.
03/29/2015 9:19 pm
AnimeFanFTW
I disagree.
Both video games and sports are fun to me.
03/29/2015 9:13 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
I don't hate sports, but I'm not interested in them at all.
03/29/2015 8:39 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Network
StarOtter
Many people get into this vicious cycle of not liking sports because mostly they are not very good at them. For example, to build muscle mass you have to use them plenty and rip them so they can heal back better, for those who are not very good at long distance start taking runs and within a week you will be doing years better. Just because you are bad at them doesn't mean you should like them. I encourage all of you to get out and start running around.

For so many reasons it is good for you, prolongs your lifespan, much lower risk of illnesses when you are older, and finally your body functions will improve. If you are good at gaming and great at sports you are the ultimate being. Recently I have taken my fitness to the next level and although I am still very young my body has improved like crazy. Not just fitness ether but my mental health. Before all my sports in my school work I was getting around %80s-90s. Now I am almost everything %95 and up.

There are still risks though, You must very careful and smart about everything as there is a higher risk of injury running around then sitting inside playing a game.
03/29/2015 8:28 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
SoSpiCYIndian
I LOVE SPORTS! Sports are luv, sports are life (with gaming)
03/29/2015 8:25 pm
AnimeFanFTW
ChikerenahamYou don't need to hate it because you're bad at it.

Holy bad word.

Everyone, this is absolutely true.
So much wisdom...
03/29/2015 8:23 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Network
sierramig
Everyone else is better than me at sports ;-; But on the other hand I'm great at video games
03/25/2015 3:00 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
Most of the time it's fat men crashing into each other while fans drinking Monster cheer you on, so yeah.
03/25/2015 2:42 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
forgot about you
I love sports... Well... Some sports. I only play football (Americn) because I love heat and it is just generally fun. I watch all different kinds of sports.
03/25/2015 1:30 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Artist
Spa-Geddy
I like actually participating in games in real life.
03/25/2015 12:02 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Botanist
Olly
Azie
Was never good at them when I was in school, so I never enjoyed playing because it basically consisted of be being too winded to play for extended periods of time and getting yelled at by teammates because I'm bad at sports.

this. so much this. i'm already bad at sports and when people point out that i'm bad it just makes it 10x worse.
03/25/2015 11:52 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
PixelCrash_
Personally, I don't dislike sports, I just don't care much for them. I will admit, they're sometimes fun to watch.
03/25/2015 11:47 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Mage
XBlack_LeopardX
I just personally hate basically all sports (apart from cross country thats the only one ill ever do) to me they arent any fun and its just boring as hell
03/25/2015 10:18 am
Level 38 : Artisan Crafter
Chikerenaham
I love playing and watching soccer and basketball (not watching basketball though).
I also love gaming, watching competitive matches on Twitch

Who said you couldn't love both? You don't need to hate it because you're bad at it.
03/25/2015 9:36 am
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
I like Swimming, Baseball, and Golf. Everything else I don't like.

It came to me in First grade, after I gave myself a nosebleed, and knocked out a loose tooth with a basketball. My interest in swimming began when I moved out to near my cousins, who are swimmers. My interest in Baseball began when we went to a Cardinals game. My Interest in Golf came last year when I got my own set of clubs.
03/25/2015 8:53 am
Level 34 : Artisan Ninja
AkirAssasin
I like to play dodgeball, to the point where I scraped my knee on cement just to brake myself from shooting out of the court... But still one of the weaker ones at class lol

So why does most of gamers hate sports? I would say that the healthy ones might prefer to spend more time on video games, and do less and less sports. After a long time, they might have some difficulty doing sports or just hate it because it takes up time that can be used to play video games instead.
03/25/2015 8:05 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Skinner
KingRex35
Pong wasn't the first game. The first game was a space shooter.

Anyways, I like playing certain sports. One thing I hate is people who ONLY watch sports. I'm fine if you play sports and watch sports. I watch people who play videogames and I play videogames. I and other people do it because we can interact with it. So next time you only watch sports, get off your couch and be healthy.
03/25/2015 6:01 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Cake
nemurihime72
Suck at sports, lazy to do sports, prefer to use my fingers to do stuff like building Gundams, pen spin, make props for no reason at all, tapping at my keyboard and picking up potato crisps from a Pringles can and getting my hand stuck in it.
03/25/2015 11:58 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Waffleman112
Building Gundams is super fun!
(And nice Hinagiku profile pic)
03/25/2015 5:56 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Warrior
KingAkward
Sports just arent my thing. I dont like watching or playing but i watch my friends play if we ever get the chance to have P.E
03/25/2015 5:47 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cowboy
Jex_Infinite
I play golf and table tennis. I sometimes play basketball, but I'm scrawny, so I'm not good at it.

And that's why I generally don't like sport. I'm physically unable, partially due to a hereditary knee condition which I found out in 2011. It hurts to run, and traverse the evil known as stairs.

If I was physically able, I would enjoy basketball a lot more, but still play the sports I do.

EDIT: Watching sports is for scrubs. I love watching strategy, but the strategy is so much better to see in esports than in physical ones.
03/25/2015 5:00 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
irbis777
I don't hate sports. I just prefer E-Sport =)
Beside that - at this point sun light just burns me skin. My body cannot endure direct sun no more lol
03/24/2015 11:24 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
Waffleman112
I like games and sports, I play rec basketball in the winter time, I don't really like watching sports though :/, unless I go to a live game in a stadium then I enjoy it.
03/24/2015 11:20 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
ME1312
AnimeFanFTWI have one question for all of you: Why do most of us gamers hate sports?

Now, I know that some of us in PMC love sports (me included) (GO THE PENRITH PANTHERS!!!) but why do gamers hate sports?

I mean, heck, the first videogame ever made was a tennis game called Tennis for Two. And the first arcade game was Pong, a tennis-like game. The Madden game series has gone on for more then 25 years. And sports are very fun to play, depending on what you're playing.

So why do gamers hate sports? I really want to know.

I like watching golf (To laugh at when they epically fail), and Racing (same reason).
I used to play soccer a lot, but I stopped because I got to old for indoor soccer and It's always too hot outside
03/24/2015 11:15 pm
Level 29 : Expert Birb
Auradyme
"I also don't being competitive in sports because I just mess up and everyone yells at me." - Azie
Same, and lazy.
03/24/2015 11:13 pm
Level 43 : Master Spider Rider
SpiderMatty
AzieI can't run fast for very long. I also don't do terribly great at distance running, so most sports kick my butt. I also don't being competitive in sports because I just mess up and everyone yells at me.

Was never good at them when I was in school, so I never enjoyed playing because it basically consisted of be being too winded to play for extended periods of time and getting yelled at by teammates because I'm bad at sports.
03/24/2015 11:02 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
I don't like getting all sweaty and I can't run fast for very long. I also don't do terribly great at distance running, so most sports kick my butt. I also don't being competitive in sports because I just mess up and everyone yells at me.

03/29/2015 8:19 pm
AnimeFanFTW
You must have had sucky teammates then. xD
I don't know, I was also not the fastest person in my class, and yes, it was very sweaty, because Australia, but I still found playing sports fun.
But I can see why people would not like it. Sweating doesn't sound all that great. xD
03/24/2015 10:58 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
It's not that I don't like sports, I'm just incredibly lazy
03/24/2015 10:52 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
I love games and I love sports

I can run (Not long distance-ish I get tired)
I love beating people up
Baseball and Football
I don't sweat very much so meh
03/24/2015 9:12 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Pokemon
Nevin
My personal opinion is time. I simply don't have the time anymore to watch my favorite sport baseball. I used to watch it all the time in school. But with work, girlfriend and video games, the time for sports can only be made if I took time from another area of my life.

Once/if I have a child, i'll have less time for video games. But that's a battle for another day.
03/24/2015 9:10 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Artist
Thrush
I like watching the occasional puppy bowl or kitten bowl, but sports just isn't my thing. It's hard to explain: basically, it doesn't take any puzzle-solving skills. And I love using puzzle-solving skills. So I'm not really into sports, even though I could run a mile non-stop. But I prefer watching them lazily
03/24/2015 8:58 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
i dont like sports because i hate being competitive
03/25/2015 10:11 am
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Puncher
Hunajameloni
This, and I just find it boring to watch people running around doing something I am not interested in.
03/24/2015 9:00 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Funny, because I love being competitive.
I can get so competitive, to the point where my attitude changes. xD
03/25/2015 11:39 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Mage
TuMatar
It's the same for me, lol. I get WAY to competitive. One moment, I'm joking with my friends in the Skype call, the next Im like "Eat it, losers" to the same people.

Personally though, I don't like sports much. Don't know why, I just don't.
03/24/2015 8:53 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Pixel Painter
Kioki
1. Eww sweat
2. Laziness
3. I'm slow at running
4. Eww sports
5. I don't know how to play sports
03/25/2015 2:30 pm
Level 29 : Expert Princess
ItsMorgan
What Kioki said.
Except for number 3. I'm a fast dude. I just don't like many sports. I don't like football (American and otherwise), basketball, baseball or any -ball. But I like walking and running.
I live in Paraguay, and it's friggin' hot here. So I sweat a lot. I usually exercise only during winter. And my definition of exercise is walking 3 Km to and from my school instead of taking a bus or something. I'm also a lazy person.

But answering OP, I think the reason most of us gamers "hate" sports is because videogames are pretty darn entertaining. When my classmates are playing football (Soccer football, you know, european) I'm either sleeping in the library or playing Street Fighter on my cellphone. So:
/ I play videogames ---> I don't excercise ---> I don't get good at sports ---> I don't like sports / Repeat

But still, I do like some sports. I don't think E-sports are real sports, I like walking, running, archery (Because of videogames ;3), I'm interested in a few martial arts (Because of Tekken and Soul Calibur ;3) and I'm even a Yo-Yo player, if you think yo-yoing is a sport. And yes, I like yo-yos because of Bridget. Sue me.

TL;DR: Eww sweat
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome