Why do most people hate FNAF (Five Nights at Freddy's)?

AnimeFanFTW's Avatar AnimeFanFTW4/28/15 11:56 pm
1 emeralds 5.1k 99
5/14/2015 2:12 am
AnimeFanFTW's Avatar AnimeFanFTW
I don't get it.

Why do people hate FNAF?

Is it because it's not scary? Well, I have the first game, but don't want to play it, because it's scary to me.
Is it because it's incredibly popular? I see no one bashing on Minecraft...
Is it because it's popular to furries? Why do people have to bash on Furries?

Then why does it get so much hate?

(No Flame Wars plz)
AnimeFanFTW
Forum Moderator
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/11/2015 12:49 pm
Level 49 : Master Pixel Painter
PixelFury
I don't hate the game, I just dislike the community. The amount of times I heard people on Game Theory spamming: MAKE A FNAF THEORY VIDEO!1!1!. Or the topic of the game always popping up. Its like the one scene in Finding Nemo with the seagulls. Eventually everyone gets tired of it and just say "Oh shuuuut up!". The community as friendly as it is, just needs to calm down a bit and stop acting like hyper-active kids.
05/14/2015 2:12 am
AnimeFanFTW
Oh yeah. Felt sorry for MatPat. xD
I will say though, Game Theory's FNAF videos are so interesting. Makes me appreciate the story of the games.
05/11/2015 11:48 am
Level 81 : Elite Witch
Crescendo
I have avoided talking about Five Nights At Freddy's simply because my opinion of it is meh. No doubt there would be uproar if I announced this in like a description or something which is personally why I have avoided it xD and lucky for me no one has made requests or anything (cuz some people made fab skins!!!)

What I dislike about it personally is the game. I like how Game Theory unpicked it and everything, and the storyline/concept behind it seems real cool but for me the game just doesn't deliver. Personally I think it's repetitive aha (ik ik most games are) but your 'player' literally stays in the same room, clicking objects, and for me I like to physically move my character.

I also like there to be a battle element to most of my games, where I as a player can do something to prevent my death. From what I know, there aren't any 'upgrades' in FNAF and all 3 (4?) of the games look very similar. Character is also a real draw for me as I find myself engaging with them and investing into their back stories and personalities (you know feels etc.) and FNAF isn't a game that's designed for that really - (though the fanbase have really taken away something that they love from it, which I think is great! If you find something you love stick with it)

I don't hate the fanbase (not in a million years) but I just don't like being exposed to FNAF so much, as I thought I was the only one who didn't care for it xD
05/11/2015 8:56 am
AnimeFanFTW
Wow.

I say the word "furries" once.

All of a sudden, massive discussion about furries. ._.

(btw, wasn't making fun of furries.)
05/11/2015 11:37 am
Level 26 : Expert Cowboy
loverboy
Sorry...I just felt like i had to say it...
05/11/2015 9:16 am
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
05/11/2015 9:29 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
Dohgeh
Furry! I just recovered from my ban a couple days ago! I missed you!
05/11/2015 7:21 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Grump
MonarchOfMadness
It also doesn't help that every creative server I ever join has at least 1 five nights at freddy's plot...
05/11/2015 7:30 am
loverboy
XD
05/11/2015 6:15 am
loverboy
I think that people do "bash on furries" but I think that it has little or none to do with FNAF. People bash on furries for what many of them do, but I don't think they should bash on furries, but on their actions. Even for furries who do not participate in what some of the bad things that the others do, are still supporting the others by being a furry. I don't think that people should be bashing on FNAF if they do JUST because furries like it. Should we be bashing on school mascots too? IDK...that's just my two cents...

Sorry if I upset anybody.

05/11/2015 6:50 am
Level 27 : Expert Miner
anonpmc52215
[deleted]
05/11/2015 6:59 am
loverboy
I wasn't saying that you openly support it but that good furries are grouped in with the bad ones and that being a furry is a way of supporting them I think that the idea of "furries" was probably just a fandom at first but then many furries acting in the way they do made the fandom corrupt and now people are under the impression that ALL furries are bad. They just have a bad rap I suppose. It kinda' sad really...
05/11/2015 6:12 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Pirate
unactive
I can understand why people like it, and I have no problem about people liking it. I don't hate the game. I probably would play the last few if someone asked. But its taking over all other games, INCLUDING MINECRAFT, and its really annoying. Whenever I say for people to calm down, and stop fangirling and stuff like that, everyone yells at me. And hates on me. And completely rips me to shreds. Its mostly just the fanbase that bugs me, and i'm pretty fine with the game. To all those people talking about it on minecraft, well... We all already know everything you have to say about it, so please stop.
05/11/2015 5:40 am
Level 27 : Expert Farmer
Teethdude
I simply find it boring. No other reason than that.
Boring gameplay with interesting lore is something I can't do.
No story or lore with good gameplay is something I can do.
05/11/2015 5:40 am
loverboy
vexit1
PurpleeFNAF has nothing to do with furries.

Now if only furries thought this.

Like I said before, I just get tired of seeing it everywhere I go. I don't hate the game, it's not that great, but I don't hate it. I payed five dollars, and I got five dollars of entertainment. I payed the money, I had my fun, now I want nothing more to do with it. You've got a better chance avoiding Minecraft related things than you are Five Nights at Freddy's related things, especially when you're a furry.

Hmmm... O_o

I should probably get out of this topic before I accidentally start a fight... XD
05/11/2015 5:18 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Engineer
vexit1
PurpleeFNAF has nothing to do with furries.

Now if only furries thought this.

Like I said before, I just get tired of seeing it everywhere I go. I don't hate the game, it's not that great, but I don't hate it. I payed five dollars, and I got five dollars of entertainment. I payed the money, I had my fun, now I want nothing more to do with it. You've got a better chance avoiding Minecraft related things than you are Five Nights at Freddy's related things, especially when you're a furry.
05/10/2015 11:29 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
Purplee
I don't like it because it scares the pee out of me. But, are people really calling themselves furries? And people are clashing on those people? But, in my opinion, FNAF has nothing to do with furries.
05/11/2015 4:54 am
loverboy
Yeah...me neither.
05/10/2015 9:06 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
Find Them Creepers
I only dislike it because this is what I see in the comment sections of those videos:

"Hay guyz I caem up wit theory. wut if purpl guy is actully freddy?1? omg!"
"You copied <Insert name of streamer here> who played this first!1!!!"
"FNaF should be gaem ov the YEAR!"

And then there's the occasional person who says something like this:
"How can anyone NOT like this beautiful MASTERPIECE of a game!?"

I mean, you guys can have your fun, but the things some of the more extreme fans say annoy me
05/10/2015 8:59 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Dolphin
Patchpen
I don't hate FNAF. I respect it as a game, although that respect might go away if I learn more about it. I honestly could care less.

It's probably because I don't care about it that the massive amount of skins/maps/texturepacks/threads annoys me so much. I'm just sick of seeing it absolutely everywhere. It's like teen skins. They're fine, but they're everywhere, and I'd rather look at things I'm actually interested in.
05/11/2015 4:52 am
loverboy
Exactly! I've never played it (and don't really have any interest in doing so) but my cousin is planning on forcing me to play it when I visit him next...so then I'll be able to give it a good review. XD
05/10/2015 9:03 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
You just got yourself a sub.
05/09/2015 8:11 pm
loverboy
IDK...do they? My cousins LOVE it. I didn't know that people hated it....
05/09/2015 8:06 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
irritatedCat
You know, I don't get why Minecraft players are getting so worked up about FNaF. It's the GMod community that should be crying.
05/09/2015 8:04 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
irritatedCat
-Woody-Another reason we hate it is because it makes no sense.

This game is meh to me, but seriously.
You posted that.
On a Minecraft forum.
Where you can punch trees and still be fine.
05/07/2015 1:35 pm
Level 29 : Expert Artist
Jedi
Hes charging REAL MONEY for Fnaf 2 & 3 which are the exact same thing as FNAF 1..
05/02/2015 7:03 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Imposter
Jewelman
After a while, not that scary, doe. Except that Balloon Boy jumpscare in FNAF 3 wiill always get me. XD
05/02/2015 7:01 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Imposter
Jewelman
About 75% of why I like it is because of all these theories going around.

It's just so...

INTERESTING.
05/02/2015 12:12 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Ladybug
McJackson3180
It's a cashgrab trend with a terrible fanbase.
05/09/2015 7:51 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1279828
[deleted]
05/02/2015 12:11 am
Level 39 : Artisan Pixel Painter
insomniac_lemon
There are seem to be quite a few people who have accounts posting ~75% of their content on this stuff, and at low quality (like bucketfill skins).

Including resource packs, some of which people make 3+ different versions, I'm assuming for the "different" games? I found at least 4 people who updated these type of packs in the last month.

So that's why I dislike it. I mean, what if tons of children started spamming Roblox packs or Club Penguin packs or Barbie's Magical Funland Adventure (if these could be easily achieved in Minecraft)? It's one thing to make a pack in the same style of a 5+ year old game (that isn't over-saturated in the resource packs community) that has a good art style (Scribblenauts, Zelda Wind Waker, Okami) and another to make a pack about a normal game that people are still heavily playing, especially when DOZENS of people are going to make roughly the same pack as you.

It's like "Simplecraft 2.0" with a game theme. CoD doesn't need a resource pack, Angry Birds doesn't need a resource pack, Flappy Bird doesn't need a resource pack, and FNaF doesn't need a resource pack. If people want those packs, maybe they should search for them since if something is being done to death they don't need to make it.

Or maybe if they like FNaF so much, they should go play FNaF. I'm not quite sure why anyone would want to turn Minecraft into that different of a game, anyways. I might understand it for Minecraft-like games, but I don't feel the need to take something completely different and make a shoddy remake of its graphics in Minecraft.
05/01/2015 9:02 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Artist
SpectralCat
For me, it's because the art and how much people exaggerate it.
The graphics and art? I mean, the graphics are...fine...HD and stuff.
But the art? The concept designs? The walls, characters, screens...the art style that they use in this, however realistic, makes my mouth taste bad. It's almost to the point where it visually hurts.
But my friends... "Oh, its really fun and scary--you'll love it." "Its SOOO SCARY"
It didn't live up to my expectation.
But if you like it, i dont mean to disrespect your opinion.
05/01/2015 8:59 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Engineer
vexit1
AnimeFanFTWI don't get it.
Is it because it's popular to furries?

Actually, this is exactly why I don't like it. I don't really like it to begin with because its just a boring game and concept to me, yet everywhere I go, there it is. I can't get away from it and its maddening. I kinda miss not having it plastered everywhere I go when I'm tying to browse a little art or something.
05/01/2015 8:50 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
To sum it up in one word: Oversaturation
05/01/2015 8:38 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Network
Nyamaru
Look here, I don't like it because it is SCARY and why not show the ending? Besides, it's just getting pathetic..and almost everyone just pass 5 nights. Why not more than 5 nights? My opinion.
04/30/2015 2:41 pm
Level 22 : Expert Pokemon
MiningYoshiProPM
Also did I forget to mention all the squeals are textured version of FNAF1?
05/01/2015 8:39 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
S-Squeals?

Please mean Sequels.
04/30/2015 2:23 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Anxiety Opossum
To be honest, not all of the fanbase is bad. I quite like the humorous parts of it, and that's pretty much the whole reason I enjoy it.
05/01/2015 8:02 pm
AnimeFanFTW
I'll agree to that. xD
04/30/2015 4:47 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Architect
Tom15001
I actually don't mind the game the jump scares are cheap and corny, the jump scares is what the game is based around, oh and don't get me started on the fanbase
04/30/2015 4:03 am
Level 31 : Artisan Vampire
LadySpiderwick
Sure the fanbase can be pretty awful, but the game has a pretty good story to it, also, in relevance to FnAF 4 is something to do with Freddy Fazbear's Diner, the place before FnAF 1-3, but that's only my guess.
04/30/2015 2:46 am
Level 29 : Expert Princess
Hollask
Personally I don't hate the game itself. Yes, it is overhyped and rushed and the devs are lazy, but I could normally just ignore it. However with the influx of fnaf skins and projects on this site I have really begun to dislike it.
04/30/2015 12:39 am
AnimeFanFTW
Ok, so FNAF 4?

I will agree, getting a bit ridiculous.

FNAF is making Call of Duty seem slow. xD

As for the developer wanting to make money: THAT'S THE POINT!
People are bad-mouthing him for trying to make money, even though that was the reason he made the series in the first place. Just sayin.
04/29/2015 9:38 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Taco
Johnanater
How the dev only wants to get money. The first one was all hype, then he released the 2nd one (Still didn't buy it, waste of money, I don't spend $ on apps xD(#BeSmart, #AndroidMasterRace)) But it seemed like my friend was freaking out about the 2nd one coming out then the next day he was talking about the 3rd one. There's barely any update to the game is the real thing that bothers me. Just re-textures.
04/29/2015 9:35 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Mage
ZachDevv
The first game was a unique and great idea, with lots of willing fans to back that up. Two was decent and three was just bad. Its all a money making strategy. He could've easily added 2 and 3 as dlc or something.
04/29/2015 8:53 pm
Level 45 : Master Sheep
ToadDan
Its community, that's why.
04/29/2015 7:36 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mage
The Silver Paladin
http://kotaku.com/how-a-five-nights-at-freddys-4-theory-got-out-of-contro-1700998427

As I've said before the fans.Stop trying to connect the number '87 to FNaF! That's like Conspiracy theorists and the number 3!
04/29/2015 8:12 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Wholesome_Thomas
Kirito SwordsmanAs I've said before the fans.Stop trying to connect the number '87 to FNaF! That's like Conspiracy theorists and the number 3!
Kirito SwordsmanThat's like Conspiracy theorists and the number 3!
Kirito SwordsmanConspiracy theorists and the number 3!
Kirito Swordsmanthe number 3!
Kirito Swordsman3

HL3 confirmed!
04/29/2015 7:29 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Lad
Fred
I personally have nothing against the game, but I think it's mainly due to the developer, Scott Cawthon, releasing the games too fast and jokes about it. Now there is nothing wrong with Scott, he's a pretty cool guy donating a lot of the profit he makes from the games to charity, but releasing the games too fast resulted in people making jokes about it and also the growing popularity made people hate it and gave other people who never played it the assumption that they should hate the game aswell. Now this may not make sense, but it is like Call of Duty and Dark Souls. There is that big assumption that Call of Duty is a bad game because all of the little kids playing it or when people make it seem that Dark Souls is an impossible game it make it harder than it seems when it isn't as hard as people make it out to be.
04/29/2015 6:07 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
The gameplay... I only play the game for the story and lore behind it, if people say there is not one, they should dig deeper, there is a hidden story that you have to piece together from dialogue and those little min-games within the game. (GameTheory does an excellent job at explaining the story, plus the third game makes it seem like there is a story more than the last two)

I wish gameplay was different, but the only reason I play and enjoy the game is the story of the game, it is very interesting to find clues and uncover the mystery!

(Scott is "milking" the series, but COD, Sport games (EX: Madden) are doing this as well and no one realizes it, a lot of people would milk a game if it got popular, lets face the facts here, he is doing what a normal human would)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome