Why we should give more scrutiny to big minecraft streamers, youtubers etc.zoom_in

Hawk322's Avatar Hawk32210/22/20 5:19 pm history
10/26/2020 12:05 am
Hawk322's Avatar Hawk322
Remember how there was a big fallout in the super smash bros. community? No? Well basically stuff from over a decade ago came out and some big smash bros youtubers basically lost most of their fan bases. Let's not fall down the drain like they did. I'm not saying the same thing will happen to us, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities for us. I hope it never happens to us ever but if it does, I hope we don't lose an epic community like they did. Steve made it better but didn't fully heal the wound it's still there. If we don't question it now something big and bad could happen and we could suffer like they did. This crud went down back in the 2008 - 2013 era of games a great one. Let's put on some scrutiny now before it bites us back. That is why we should give more scrutiny to big minecraft streamers, youtubers etc. Thanks for reading!

P.S. I find it funny that Mincraft the game in question is what almost healed the SSB community.... XD

And I'm attaching a poll to this to see which game you think is more fun!
So Minecraft or Smash Bros.?

Poll ended 11/05/2020 5:24 pm.

Hawk322
Level 8 : Apprentice Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/25/2020 11:58 pm
Level 24 : Expert Miner
uncertainskeleton
i dont know the difference, you can make a house with custom music in both games
10/25/2020 11:56 pm
Level 72 : Legendary Programmer
Sibogy
If you ask on a minecraft forum if they like minecraft or another game better, it's extremely likely they will vote for minecraft. If you asked in a Smash Bros forum, you'd have the opposite result.
10/25/2020 8:19 pmhistory
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
Rom80
I prefer Minecraft, smash bros I love it, but I love minecraft more.
10/24/2020 5:06 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Programmer
Gamingbarn
Lol, everyone is voting for Minecraft.
10/24/2020 10:55 pm
Hawk322
It's called "Planet Minecraft" not "Planet Super Smash Bros."
10/25/2020 10:41 am
Level 70 : Legendary Programmer
Gamingbarn
Good point.
10/23/2020 12:38 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Princess
MOLTENONI
what even is scrutiny???????????????
10/23/2020 12:55 pm
Hawk322
It's kinda like keeping a close eye on them and making sure they are held accountable
10/23/2020 12:22 pm
Level 26 : Expert Procrastinator
Ender The Oneiros
OH NO
TWO OF MY FAVOURITE GAMES
HOW WILL I EVER CHOOSE
10/23/2020 12:56 pm
Hawk322
That's my take on the pole.... I SHOT MYSELF IN THE FOOT SO HARD.........
10/22/2020 8:10 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
ThatTahitianGuy
Are you talking about keeping the content creators accountable for their actions and words? I know there's been a debacle concerning one of the newest-ish big Minecraft names a few weeks back (namely Dream, who I don't watch personally) for what he pulled during the mob vote. From what little I've seen, people tend to throw shade and accuse each other to... Protect their favorites, I suppose?
I don't get the mob mentality myself, because the creators I follow own up to their mistakes and do try to fix their wrongs, and they do chastise the followers that go and harass people. But I do see that some of the more click-baity YouTubers and Twitch streamers are not quite so mature in their handling of their own followers.
10/23/2020 12:57 pm
Hawk322
Yeah that's basically what I was trying to get at in this thread....
10/24/2020 1:30 am
ThatTahitianGuy
I agree then. Unfortunately, this is the Internet and it seems like people have the bad habit of digging for skeletons and forget that the people they watch are actual human beings just like them, and that said people do change in time. Sure, they might have done some bad things, but if they've apologised, worked on fixing their mistakes and keep going in that direction instead of backtracking, I think the communities they foster should be okay.
10/24/2020 4:40 pm
Hawk322
I agree accept according to the youtubers that didn't do whatever it was they kept it hidden and didn't say sorry and any of the others that were big were trashing them and wouldn't let them apologize so I feel like everyone (Of the youtubers/streamers) Is at fault here. And no people weren't just trying to find dirt on them. I believe it was just a mistake in wording that started the crossfire.
10/24/2020 8:24 pm
ThatTahitianGuy
I'm not accusing anyone of doing anything, honestly. But it's become a worrying trend on social media and I feel like people should relearn some boundaries and common sense, you know? Twitter dog-piles are very common nowadays, and so do Reddit ones, which is rather unfortunate for the creators who do try to do better. A bad choice of words can be apologised for and corrected, unless it's a slurfest. Holding someone accountable doesn't mean demonising them when they make a mistake but pushing them into doing better. But as I said a bit earlier, either you achieve saint-hood or be treated as lower-than-dirt on the Internet, which isn't productive and drives newcomers away, since people tend to like watching trainwrecks and follow the popular opinion instead of finding the facts for themselves.
10/24/2020 11:04 pm
Hawk322
If this is starting drama I'll take this thread down
10/24/2020 11:03 pm
Hawk322
I know! Most social media are from the U.S. which means that you sorta have free speech. I know that people don't in other countrys but still. That's why most people hate conservetives and I don't understand why. It's all bad in my opinion the thing they = bad. The people jumping on to seem like the good guys = bad. I am not accusing anyone of anything from theft to murder but the fact that it happened in a community for a videogame WHICH WAS MADE FOR KIDS is sad, sickening, and alarming. We just need to be better and actually have morals! We can't do that with the bad influences in our communitys.
I think we just need to root out the ones that the devil is using to corrupt us. That's all though and this is just a warning and a sad example that came out of the SSB community... I think that people are still lying especially about the ones that are supposedly guilty.
10/22/2020 6:14 pm
Level 40 : Master Crab
khajiity
iam not reading that big chunk
gimme a tl;dr
10/22/2020 6:16 pm
Hawk322
Basically stuff went down in the smash bros community and it fell apart. And I think if we had put scrutiny on them it might've not been so bad. I just don't want us to lose our community like they did theirs.
10/22/2020 6:20 pm
Level 40 : Master Crab
khajiity
define scrutiny
10/24/2020 11:07 pm
Hawk322
Keeping a close eye on someone and sorry for not ansering sooner
10/22/2020 6:01 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
CarmenRider
I feel like you're making accusations before people are even guilty. We need to look into things like this with sort of professionalism and not take it lightly. People nowadays are quick to point the finger and say "OMGGGGG X YOUTUBER IS A CRIMINAL CANCEL THEM!" especially now with things like the animation meme community cancelling people over stupid/nonexistent reasons. We don't need another ProJared incident happening where everyone is guilty until proven innocent. We need to learn not to be one sided and be sure to talk to both parties involved. Also instead of exposing people instead we need to involve law enforcement instead of taking to Twitter.
10/22/2020 6:11 pm
Hawk322
I'm just saying put on the scrutiny not accuse them of anything from stealing to murder. I just don't want us and all of the great people in this great community to lose it...
10/22/2020 7:17 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Miner
CarmenRider
Still we shouldn't turn elitist just because of how some people MIGHT be questionable
10/23/2020 1:06 pm
Hawk322
Yeah because that is the other mistake the SSB community made. The second it whatever it was came out everyone was attacking each other and only harming not healing. That's why I made the post, because if we let them feel like they have power they will do things they shouldn't and we'll start doing what they did. Most of the people that did whatever it was, had worked most of their lives (They aren't even that old) for their youtube and twitch channels. I can't imagine my youtube channel booming only to just a few years later lose it to some mistake I did YEARS ago I've done my fare-share of bad things but I don't make the same mistake twice and I doubt they did their mistake twice. I'm not worried about people like preston and unspeakable. More like bigger youtubers such as markiplier. I don't watch youtubers like unspeakable and I've never watched markiplier. But it's people that honestly just....I don't know how to say it but.....People that don't own up to their mistakes that I worry about.
10/22/2020 5:31 pm
Level 24 : Expert Princess
MissC-YT
Everyone should be scrutinised for the things they do and have done. Though people shouldn't forget that someone can become a totally different person in the span of ten years beliefs and views change all the time so a mistake made 10 years ago shouldn't be held against someone now (unless it's a crime they haven't been punished for) Everyone deserves a chance to do better.

Though at the same time if people have done sucky things in the past and continue to do sucky things it really shouldn't come as a surprise.

FYI I prefer Minecraft not played smash
10/22/2020 5:41 pm
Hawk322
To my knowledge no-one was punished for the stuff that went down and that's probably why it made such a big splash.
I just feel bad for the ones that did change and one of them lost like 500k subscribers and hasn't uploaded since. It's people like this that are hurt the worst because the message that it sends "Even though you have changed you are still a bad person."
I really just don't know what I would do in that situation I just don't. But the community is always hurt the worst because I don't know what they even did I just know that it had a really REALLY big effect on the competitive scene. So let's not fall down the drain like they did.
10/22/2020 5:21 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Imposter
StaticNCogs
obviously MC
10/22/2020 5:25 pmhistory
Hawk322
But I would like to know your views on what I have put on the table. Should we give them more scrutiny? Sry if that was your answer btw. Just couldn't tell
10/22/2020 5:26 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Imposter
StaticNCogs
idk
10/22/2020 5:28 pm
Hawk322
I mean I think we should after all people put these folks in high places and send a message accidentally "You can do whatever you want and we will still love you and worship you like Jesus Christ!" So I think we should.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome