Would You Read This?

EmeraldEclipse's Avatar EmeraldEclipse12/10/15 10:04 am
1 emeralds 159 2
12/10/2015 10:22 am
EmeraldEclipse's Avatar EmeraldEclipse
So, we had this assignment in school to write an news article based in medieval times. The article was supposed to be like something that people back then would have written in a newspaper if they had one. Writing that article was so much fun that I wrote another one, about an ogre sighting. (And then all my other classes had tons of things to do, so I couldn't write more.)

Turns out, the majority of the class (the girls) felt the same way I did and wanted to continue writing these articles, and we asked the teacher if he had any input on the matter. He suggested making a blog and styling it after a newspaper blog, putting up articles on a scheduled basis. Question is, would anyone actually read this blog?

So would you read this blog? Articles would be pretty varied. Some already presented in class included a story about a Viking invention, a page of ads, an article/notice flyer thingy about the Black Death and how to avoid it, and more.

Heres my article: (Note; there is touches of religion here and there because thats what it would be like for people of that time and place)

CHARITY BALL FOR REFUGEES

At 7’o clock, August 12th, there will be a ball at the Ye Olde Execution and Social Centre. The event will cost five goats to enter, but it’s definitely worth the price, because all proceeds go to the Lindisfarne refugees. These people were simple fishermen and monks, who guarded the body of Saint Cuthbert. However, the Vikings invaded Lindisfarne and drove them from their home.

They have been wandering Northrumbia for over a year now, with many of the company starving to death or meeting different, more gruesome ends. They are now finally able to rest in a single place, without the Vikings hunting them.

However, there is no place for them to rest, not even a proper place to lay the remains of their beloved Saint Cuthbert, whom they have carried all this way. They have few supplies and even less food. The profits will help build a chapel for St. Cuthbert, several small homes for the refugees, and farming space so they can grow their own food and be independent.

The evening will start off with a prayer led by our local bishop. After that, the tables will be filled with a delicious fish-based meal, to honor the Lindisfarnian fishing heritage. There will be speeches from the mayor, four of the saint bearers, that carried Saint Cuthbert all this way, and Bishop Eardwulf. After the speeches, we will have an auction to further raise money. Some items include: A wonderful, balanced sword with rubies inlaid in the hilt, a beautiful pair of brown horses, and a collection of antique jewelry with pearls, gold, and crystals. Finally, the best musicians for mile around shall play on harp, fiddle, and lyre as we dance the night away.

The event is black tunic; Please, no dingy fur or muddy boots. All weapons larger than 1 ft must be left in the coat hall.
If you interested in joining the event, talk to Mrs. Becheilesmith. We have open spots for backup auctioneers, waitstaff, and ticket sellers. (Must be business savvy)

You can pay four goats and one female pig in advance to secure your seats to Mrs.Becheilesmith, or pay the walk-in fee of five goats at the door. Forms of payment are negotiable. We can’t wait to see you there!

I'll try and upload more articles later, if my fellow students will send them to me.
EmeraldEclipse
Level 23 : Expert Dolphin