home Forumsplay_arrow Discussions fiber_manual_record General

Your opinions on opinions

3 emeralds10 replies276 views
created 02/06/2018 3:11 pm by Armscelli
last reply 02/09/2018 8:27 pm
It has occurred to me that some people who post servers (not naming names) Just can't handle player opinions.
Seriously though If you want a server to be successful allow opinions! If your filtering Comments for only positive you will not succeed (My opinion). It

a. Makes you look like a dictator
b. Makes you look bad overall

So my advice is: let reasonable opinions flow they do not have to have factual background. Thats the point of a opinion

Definition on opinion

a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge."I'm writing to voice my opinion on an issue of great importance"
synonyms:belief, judgment, thought(s), (way of) thinking, mind, (point of) view, viewpoint, outlook, attitude, stance, position, perspective, persuasion, standpoint; More

• the beliefs or views of a large number or majority of people about a particular thing."the changing climate of opinion"
  • an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something."I had a higher opinion of myself than I deserved"
tl;dr RESPECT REASONABLE OPINIONS OR YOU WON'T GET ANYWHERE
Note to moderators
I have been told multiple times to take rants here. But if still for some reason you don't like i wont protest if you delete it

Posted by avatar
Armscelli
Level 7 : Apprentice Princess

10 replies

02/09/2018 8:22 pm
Level 31 Artisan Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
It seems immature if you ask me to censor people who disagree with you. The only reason I would delete a comment is for spam or profanity.

Also, I think it would be important to try and actually get an opinion from a person, not just a generic THIS SERVUR SOCKS!
02/09/2018 8:27 pm
Level 7 Apprentice Princess
Armscelli
The right balance is key! Ive seen posts on here a while ago where the op said any posts would be deleted that dont have fact, Like wtf?

**Edit also to add on to that, those server posts that have nothing but positive comments by new 1 post accounts are also suspicous are they not?
02/08/2018 5:23 pm
Level 10 Journeyman Modder
noodlegamer76
i made a

opinions on opinions about Armscelli's opinions on opinions post

02/08/2018 12:26 am
Level 1 New Explorer
Kyamui
Ty for the TL;DR cause i'm too dumb to understand such.. utter.. (insert something smart)
02/08/2018 5:32 pm
Level 10 Journeyman Modder
noodlegamer76
such utterness
02/07/2018 9:07 pm
Level 1 New Explorer
Kyamui
OHMAYGAWD TL;DR!
02/07/2018 9:26 pm
Armscelli
1 Second
02/06/2018 9:30 pm
Level 23 Expert Blockhead
Nitwick
Many owners are immature and shouldn't be moderators, let alone managers of a community. But there is a flipside. Tact is necessary. One can express their opinions in better ways than others. One can also express opinions that simply aren't fit for the context, that cause a disruption, or that otherwise just make a mess when it has no good reason to exist. So really, it all depends on circumstance and tact for both staff and players.
02/06/2018 9:35 pm
Level 50 Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Absolutely. There's certainly a difference between "This server has crap moderators" and "I had a bad experience with the moderators here.". That seems to get lost on some people when they're giving opinions on a server/any other kind of post.
02/06/2018 10:05 pm
Armscelli
Ah, You guys are so right tbh thanks for the input!

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2018
planetminecraft.com

Welcome