YouTube comments? What happened to them?

Azrath's Avatar Azrath11/25/15 11:58 am
1 emeralds 1.1k 51
11/29/2015 6:53 am
JozyP's Avatar JozyP
So I recently red this thread about how YouTube has toned down its customization but now I came up with questions, what happened to comments?

I accidentally stumbled across some old YouTube videos I when I started watching YogsCast and pewdiepie as well and what I saw was shocking! A normal comments, no hate, no advertisements, no curses, no stupid things, grammar was perfect.

So my questions is, why did it change to worse when everything was so perfect?
Azrath
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/28/2015 8:23 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
The more popular youtubers get the more kids get attracted to that youtuber basically and also theres a spam filter that you can setup with curse words, links, etc.
11/29/2015 6:25 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Hunter
Neptune_Sage
Which like none of YouTubers do.
11/29/2015 6:53 am
Level 42 : Master Pixel Painter
JozyP
Yeah
11/28/2015 8:17 pm
JozyP
Quapla_
Josephpica
Teenagers set examples to younger kids by acting a certain way. If a child feel insecure in some way they might attempt to act like teenager, but if that teenager is being Bully, picking on younger kids, blaming children for things, those children will just find other people to pick on.

Well, someone they admire could also play a factor in a kid's behavior. Many young gamers may watch SkyDoesMinecraft or Markiplier behind their parents' (or parent/guardian(s) in some less fortunate cases) backs, so they act like they do in their videos.

Good thing I grew up with John Lennon and not YouTube.

True, absolutely true. I agree.
11/28/2015 8:09 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
Josephpica
Teenagers set examples to younger kids by acting a certain way. If a child feel insecure in some way they might attempt to act like teenager, but if that teenager is being Bully, picking on younger kids, blaming children for things, those children will just find other people to pick on.

Well, someone they admire could also play a factor in a kid's behavior. Many young gamers may watch SkyDoesMinecraft or Markiplier behind their parents' (or parent/guardian(s) in some less fortunate cases) backs, so they act like they do in their videos.

Good thing I grew up with John Lennon and not YouTube.
11/28/2015 11:07 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Over time, things seem to get more accessible to younger audiences. That includes the internet. That and the comments section will vary a lot depending on whose community you're viewing and what kind of video it is.
11/28/2015 11:16 am
JozyP
Absolutely
11/28/2015 7:33 am
JozyP
You blame this on children. Ridiculous. If you are so bothered by it, leave. But remember, you were was the kid, being annoying. Screaming in the grocery store, crying over the broken spider man action figure, raging because you lost a checkers, and even now, getting so upset because children are overtaking YouTube.
11/28/2015 10:03 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Hunter
Neptune_Sage
I wasn't screaming kid. I had manners, I was raised right to respect others opinion and don't ask more than I need. I never had need to get something I didn't need nor do I do have need right now.

We can blame it on children because while I was a kid I was playing outside, digging things in sand, exploring the world, having fun not sitting in front of a PC and writing "get rekt", "get shrekt", "git gud" or similar things I saw on internet.

Now since my main language isn't English I hope you got my point.
11/28/2015 10:59 am
JozyP
Okay, well, neither was I directly pointing at you nor was I directly talking about ten year olds by saying "screaming in the grocery store". Teenagers set examples to younger kids by acting a certain way. If a child feel insecure in some way they might attempt to act like teenager, but if that teenager is being Bully, picking on younger kids, blaming children for things, those children will just find other people to pick on. Also, the comment section for a YouTube video is not supposed to be a social media page.
Remember again, these people blaming these things on children were once children, there are some adults now that when they were teenagers, the blamed and picked on these teens, so now the teenagers are not only being hypocritical, they are following and spreading bad examples.
11/27/2015 12:33 pm
Level 23 : Expert Dolphin
EmeraldEclipse
Shippers.
11/27/2015 5:24 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Panthermon
How it happened? Someone sprinkled salt all over the Youtube comments.
11/27/2015 6:31 am
Azrath
And a bit of pepper too.
11/26/2015 7:33 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
irritatedCat
Since when was Minecraft a "mature-oriented" game? It was ALWAYS a building game. Just look at the bare beginnings. All they had was a way to create cool buildings. THEN they added survival, but it was still advertised as a way to build. I don't know about you, but I don't play Minecraft for "intense combat" or "gritty themes". I play it because I want to build awesome towers and stuff. Just a question: IF Minecraft was for more mature audiences, then how would that look like?

Don't mean to be rude, just stating my argument.
11/26/2015 7:29 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
If minecraft had remained purely the survival game that El Knighto believes it to be, it would have been completely outcompeted ages ago. There are many different games that do the survival thing as well as minecraft does, if not just straight up better.

But minecraft has enormous adaptability, which has allowed it to survive. The idea of letting the community create and add their own content is enormously powerful.

Just look at Happy Wheels, a game with a very weird (and kindof shitty) concept, which has survived and even thrived simply because they are based on their community input.
More recently, the same is true for Super Mario Maker, which was also designed for community content.

Minecraft may not have originally been intended to become what it has now, but Mojang's choices have allowed it to flourish anyway, and community content (whether non-profit or paid) has created an enormous variation.

If minecraft was just vanilla survival (single or multiplayer), I would have stopped playing it 2 years ago. But it is so much more than that. I am only recently beginning to tire of it again, and that is because I'm doing extensive commission work, which always grates at my enjoyment of the game.
I expect to be able to enjoy minecraft for at least another year or two before I move on to something other, such as game design.
11/26/2015 3:27 pm
Level 48 : Master Dragonborn
Urrnge
ITT: Teens saying how kids ruin everything. Well, I'm just making guesses since I don't know any of y'all!

Real talk though, how does some kid liking something you like somehow make that thing un-enjoyable?
11/26/2015 4:06 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
It's not that someone else liking what you like is the issue, it's *mostly* the oversaturation of kids making the Youtuber view his audience as a young group. Ergo, the more kids, the more the Youtuber wants to make his content kid-friendly; thus, it "dumbs down", and becomes less and less enjoyable to more mature, adult audiences. It's what happened to things like Call of Duty, Minecraft, and quite obviously, Youtube (in some cases).

Stuff like screaming, babbling, shouting, funny voices, stuff like that will all pop up in videos aimed towards younger audiences (which are things older people wouldn't exactly look for in their entertainment).
11/26/2015 4:53 pm
Urrnge
I mean if kids were already watching someone on YouTube, then that means they already liked them before hand and they shouldn't have to change anything.
11/26/2015 4:58 pm
Knightsundere
Mainstream media introduces those things to kids/children - thus, this is why people dislike mainstream media/introduction of "hipsters". Media brings the content into the limelight, kids see it, kids go to it. You see older people complaining how Minecraft was better back in Alpha/Beta because it wasn't a popular game then; there were far fewer kids (obviously). Once the kids came, the game was aimed towards a constructive kiddie-builder akin to Roblox, and away from the more mature-intended survival simulation.

Purely speculation, but I think I made my point.
11/26/2015 5:29 pm
Urrnge
I see older people complain that there's too much stuff instead of the simple game it used to be, so pretty much the opposite of what you're saying. So if they're marketing the game as a building game, then I'd say they're advertising it correctly. And even during the beta period, it was still relatively popular. Maybe not a global phenomenon, but still well known. There were a ton of people online making videos of it and exposing new people to the game, ya know, kinda like how it is right now.
11/26/2015 6:41 pm
Knightsundere
Where did I say the older audience wanted less stuff? When I said "mature-intended survival simulation" I was speculating on what the progression of the game would be, were it "mature-intended", and being updated over time. And they're marketing it as a building game, "akin to roblox", because those are the people they want to play it, yes.

It was definitely popular, but if it hadn't gained ground so rapidly, it wouldn't be the same as it is now. Any game has videos made about it, doesn't mean it's going to explode like Minecraft did (though Minecraft was innovative, in its own regard). Besides, the people it was popular with were the people who had found it in the first place, aka, older people. Who are now sour to the younglings.
11/26/2015 1:48 pm
Level 40 : Master Goblin
Dajj
tbt

Click to reveal
11/26/2015 1:39 pm
Urrnge
AzrathSo I recently red this thread about how YouTube has toned down its customization but now I came up with questions, what happened to comments?

I accidentally stumbled across some old YouTube videos I when I started watching YogsCast and pewdiepie as well and what I saw was shocking! A normal comments, no hate, no advertisements, no curses, no stupid things, grammar was perfect.

So my questions is, why did it change to worse when everything was so perfect?

What are you going on about? YouTube comments haven't really changed.The only thing that changed are the dank memes, everything else is still pretty much the same. Weebs still weebin, people still saying they hate their generation, FIRST comments, copypasta, arguing, people getting snooty over people's grammar, peaceful discussion about the video. and pretentiousness. Same stuff as now.
11/26/2015 10:15 am
Level 37 : Artisan Scribe
LetsGoTrippin
Like ivain said, it really depends on the Youtuber. If you're watching someone like SkyDoesMinecraft, you'll find more politically incorrect comments, while a video by DanTDM or PewDiePie will contain calmer, less raunchy comments.
11/26/2015 9:39 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Princess
Havingfun_ISKEY
Enough about FNAF, you guys. Oh, and by the way, it's still around, we just don't have any current news on it yet.

Now please read this:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/lis ... ll-of-you/
11/26/2015 4:12 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pixel Painter
ASF
*Wants to stop talking about FNAF*
*Post a link to a blog all about FNAF*

As for YouTube comments (especially for popular users), I always figured that they either had that "Comment Approval" thing, or they just took some time to delete the negativity. Of course, we could have all change into awesome human beings, buuut I'm not too sure about that.
11/26/2015 7:09 pm
Havingfun_ISKEY
I nearly choked on my own spit from laughing. To elaborate, go and talk about FNAF over THERE, but don't talk about it HERE anymore. xD
11/26/2015 3:51 am
Azrath
I hate it that there is nothing new in terms of social networks. All is Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Would be nice if somehow a new networks similar to those would rise up and I don't know offer something more than those offer and have an option to earn from videos lets say like on YouTube.
11/25/2015 5:49 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Network
irritatedCat
Let's all jump on the "hate the kids" bandwagon instead of actually thinking it through!

When you have a channel like the Yogscast, they don't curse and scream, so the "kids" watching it will, most of the time, not do that. Pewdiepie, on the other hand, does that, so vice versa.
11/25/2015 6:00 pm
Ivain
This is true enough, and I've seen plenty of those that would legally be counted adults make fools of themselves in a negative way.

However, there is a strong correlation between younger target audiences and immature behaviour. As is obvious.
I don't hate "kids" in general. I just hate those that behave like idiots, regardless of age.

Also, I usually assume someone behaving ridiculously has a younger age, as I refuse to convince myself there is such a large amount of "adults" that can show such behaviour.
11/25/2015 5:36 pm
Ivain
It very much depends on where you go. each community has its own style. Communities like that of Pewdipie, DanTDM and SSundee contain much younger and less mature audiences, so it is likely to find more foolish reactions there.
On the other hand, markiplier and jackscepticeye attract more mature audiences (in general), so you find more mature comments there.

This goes for smaller youtubers as well. The entertainment style and overall level of the community will strongly affect the quality of the comments.
Sometimes this even varies for different videos by the same channel.
11/25/2015 12:20 pm
Level 26 : Expert Button Pusher
BloxChief117
It's what happens to everything eventually: kids.
Kids (in my opinion) killed Minecraft, made FNAF something to cringe over, and a lot more including the youtubers you listed.
11/28/2015 1:17 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Warrior
danny-cali
wait

WAITWAITWAIT

SOMEONE HERE

ON PMC

WITH A BRAIN.

HONEY GET THE CAMERA IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING
11/26/2015 7:33 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
Pretty much this
11/27/2015 12:17 am
Level 35 : Artisan Princess
Skeltal
oh hey,you reminded me,how's season 2?
11/27/2015 2:10 am
AnimeFanFTW
Season 2 of what?
11/27/2015 11:57 am
Skeltal
You know,that anime in your profile picture.
11/27/2015 9:25 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Oh, that.

Panty and Stocking will never have a Season 2.
11/26/2015 1:41 pm
Level 49 : Master Fox
Orbiter
Too true, too true.
11/26/2015 2:46 pm
Havingfun_ISKEY
'Scuse me?
11/26/2015 2:50 pm
Skeltal
Don't act like he's lying,it's a pretty concrete truth.
11/25/2015 12:52 pm
Azrath
FNAF is just some "thing" screaming in your face, I don't see why do people like/liked it so much neither why kids make so much fuss about it, do they think if they will stop talking about it things from there will come and eat them or..
11/25/2015 1:07 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
FNAF is still a thing? I thought that died out.
11/25/2015 1:12 pm
Azrath
It did, someone just mentioned it so I talked about it a bit. Oh God, no. I hope that somehow this thread wont reincarnate it...
11/25/2015 5:08 pm
Skeltal
UMG I LUV FN@F CHICA IS BAE I TOLD HER I LOVED HER AND SHE CAME OUT OF THE COMPUTUR SCWEEN AND THEN SHE TOLD MI SHE LOVED ME AND NOW WE'RE DATING AND IT'S HARD BUT WE GET THROUGH IT
11/26/2015 9:30 am
Level 37 : Artisan Cookie
oh_wow333
UMG NU WAYY!!!1! I GONNE WRITE CHICAxSKELTAL FANFIV FO U!!!
11/25/2015 12:46 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Cookie
oh_wow333
KIDS THES DAYs
11/25/2015 12:09 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Architect
TotallyNotMe
Because the YouTubers got more popular, and then they attracted kids.
11/26/2015 2:25 pm
Level 44 : Master Architect
tobbestark
With kids you mean twelve year olds and younger, right?
11/25/2015 12:07 pm
Level 43 : Master Procrastinator
DecafDawren
That is what Humans commonly call "Evolution".
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome