February '15 skin contest theme poll

Jackie1st's Avatar Jackie1st1/29/15 1:23 pm
2 emeralds 2.9k 38
2/6/2015 2:09 am
Jackie1st's Avatar Jackie1st
It's time once again to decide what our theme should be for this upcoming contest.

Before you vote be sure to read the short description of each of the categories posted below, and vote for the one that appeals to you the most, not just the one that you think will win.

Ones man's trash is another man's treasure.
Something that is trash to one human may be of true value to another. Some artists use this in their own artworks. For this theme, you are to create something that may be valuable to you but not to someone else, or create something that is not valuable to you, but valuable to someone else.

Be sure to describe how it is valuable to you or another being, maybe even create a story.

Childhood Heroes
Imagine, teddy bears in a knight's armor, defending you from the monsters under your bed, or maybe your favorite action figure, coming to life and defeating the evil beings in the closet. But just remember, they're still, just toys. Your job is to create a toy, through the means of a skin, that would defend a sleeping child, from attacks by the evil things that goes bump in the night.

Roaring Twenties
A time where flappers wear short hair and silly dresses, gangsters go around in suits and tommy guns, and sweet, sweet jazz.

In The Jungle
Now that we've explored deep underwater and ventured through the clouds, let's take a trip to the jungle! Create a skin of a character native to the jungle.

Golden years of Greece
Also known as the classical period was around 500 to 300 BC
most of our modern day politics, artistic thought, such as architecture, scientific thought, literature, and philosophy derives from this period

Feudal Japan & East Asian
The rich history of east asian culture extending from the 10th century to the late 18th century, characterized by regional military rule by powerful families.

Future Evolutions
What do you think about what we'd evolve into if we were to evolve? What would they be like? Imagine that, and for fun, why not a small back-story on them and their society?

Desert Creatures
We created high flying birds and dragons, fishes and organisms from the deep, underground hideous monsters, and beings only found in the frozen turndra. Now we head over to the desert, where the incredible heat of the day, and the freezing breeze of the night, holds creatures you won't believe can survive both temparatures. Create somthing that would be living in the desert, that can survive both extremely different temparatures, this biome holds.

Ancient Egyptian
Rich in history and legends, Create a skin based on the day to day life and culture of ancient Egypt.

World Leaders & Historical Figures
The scientists, inventors, political figures, or other greatly influential people who have made a significant impact on shaping the world we live in. Depict a real historical figure from anywhere in the world, at any time. Be sure to keep it historically accurate!

This poll with run for a week and will end the 5th of February.
We encourage you to vote even if you're not planning on participating in the contest this month and to choose the theme you think will encourage the best and most creative skins

If there's a theme that we don't have listed above that you think would be great for one of our contests feel free to submit it here suggest-themes-for-the-pmc-skinning-contests-t302543.html

You can see all our past contests and their winners here: http://www.planetminecraft.com/contests/

Poll ended 02/05/2015 1:23 pm.

Jackie1st
Retired Moderator
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Hero

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/06/2015 2:09 am
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Hero
Jackie1st
Oh very nice. The winner has been chosen, the contest should be up on the site within the next few days.
02/05/2015 5:12 pm
Level 26 : Expert Strawberry
ILuvBlackCats
Urm
02/03/2015 4:01 pm
Level 29 : Expert Explorer
TheHipster
Childhood heroes, hah, forget Teddy Bears and Winnie the Pooh, I've got something more loving under muh sleeve
02/03/2015 3:00 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
alan
childhood heros all the way baby!
02/03/2015 12:37 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Arkon
Voted Childhood heroes! this is my first skin contest, i signed to planet minecraft about a month ago, can someone tell me whats goin' on x3?
does the members make the skins for the contest?
is there a contest every month?
if i want to make a skin for the contest, who do i send it to?
02/03/2015 1:05 am
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
Anyone with an account here on PMC is permitted to enter the skin contest which is usually done once a month. To enter, you will have to wait until the contest begins. But once it does, when you post a skin you'll see an option next to the "Publish Live" option, this will be an option to submit your skin to the current contest. Provided it meets all the site and contest rules, that's all you have to do.
02/02/2015 11:31 am
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
It's not over yet, but Childhood Heroes has this one by the looks of it.
02/01/2015 8:35 am
Level 42 : Master Steve
Bureine
Childhood heros or evolution
02/01/2015 4:52 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Scapegoat
Gab_Cab
Childhood Heroes sounds really interesting.
01/31/2015 8:07 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Pixel Puncher
StardustBlue
Ohhhhhhhhh PLEASE let One Man’s Trash is Another Man’s Treasure win!! I am SO excited for that and I would SOOO participate, even if I lose horribly
01/31/2015 4:45 pm
Level 46 : Master Princess
OreoVal
Ughhh. Guess I'll have to wait another few months for the theme I (and a bunch of other people) have been voting for for months.
02/01/2015 10:03 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
Well then you (and a bunch of other people) can wait like the rest of the normal people for your option to be picked.
01/31/2015 6:41 am
Level 24 : Expert Architect
illdeletethis
one mans trash could be interesting, so could historical figures
childhood heroes will probably lead to lots of stuff people already expect, but it seems to win
01/30/2015 11:33 pm
Level 44 : Master Robot
HannahLikesCats
Nothing really trips my trigger on this one, but it's either childhood heroes or man-trash-whatever for me.
01/30/2015 11:30 pm
Level 82 : Elite Technomancer
Drazile
Tough choice this time!

I'm going with Childhood Heroes because I have a really good idea.
01/30/2015 10:33 pm
Level 76 : Legendary Sweetheart
wldscarlet
I voted for Desert Creature, this theme is much more creative and easier for me.
01/30/2015 9:44 pm
Level 26 : Expert Grump
IceCream_Sundae
C'mon, guys, I wanna wear a flapper dress...
01/30/2015 8:04 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Blob
Speedy
You left Jungle out of the poll q:
I'll vote for Childhood Heroes
01/30/2015 5:03 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Network
Crafty
It's so funny; last time Roaring 20s was winning, but this time it has the least votes.
01/30/2015 12:01 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Fisherman
Reefripz
Childhood must win
01/30/2015 10:22 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Ninja
ItsmeRAPtor
I say World Leaders & Historical Figures.
01/30/2015 7:03 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragonborn
iedfisjifjwseizjfuse
I voted for Childhood Heroes as I think I could make an interesting skin for it, and I think there will be lots of other creative skins too.
01/29/2015 11:29 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Batman
PureNerd
Childhood Heroes could have a bunch of unoriginal skins but a the same time, It could also have some amazing original ideas
01/29/2015 9:56 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Dragonborn
funny bunny
If childhood heroes gets chosen, I will make a skin...
01/29/2015 9:05 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Artist
Old Potato Logic
To be honest. All of the choices are not in my interests.
01/29/2015 8:26 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Ludicrous
Feudal Japan, babe, I got yo back
01/29/2015 6:35 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
PixelCrash_
Desert Creatures gets my vote, though childhood heroes could get some interesting entries
01/29/2015 6:10 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Senpai
Sam
If Feudal Japan doesnt win... we are going to have a BIG problem problem
01/29/2015 4:58 pm
Level 27 : Expert Blacksmith
StingRay_FTW
D: So hard to pick! I'll have to vote later.
01/29/2015 4:55 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
I had the best idea for Childhood Heroes, so I went with that
01/29/2015 3:22 pm
Level 48 : Master Blockhead
Happs
Childhood Heroes sounds like something I can get behind. No doubt there will be a lot of repetition eventually, but that's inevitable really. I'm picking Childhood Heroes for 2 reasons. The first: I have a small idea for it and the second: I really wanna see what people make as I believe they will be extremely humorous :3

01/29/2015 3:15 pm
Level 42 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
planetblox2000
Desert creatures plz
01/29/2015 3:13 pm
Level 24 : Expert Archer
Lukerocks1233
greece all the way. but i thought it was a project contest?
01/29/2015 1:56 pm
Matt
Voted childhood heroes, seems like it could lead to some interesting skins.
01/29/2015 1:49 pm
Level 76 : Legendary Button Pusher
DragonsDungeon
I know Childhood heroes could end up in a lot of unoriginal skins, but I have expectations for that theme to get quite interesting, hence why I vote that. As for second pick, it would probably be One man's trash, another man's treasure. Other themes I thought was a bit interesting, Desert creatures and Future evolutions.
But I just can't see them being better than Childhood heroes, so Childhood heroes it is.
01/29/2015 1:47 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Skinner
TheBragidon
I like the childhood heroes idea
01/29/2015 1:46 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Meme
Allergy_Man
Idk now.
01/29/2015 1:29 pm
OreoVal
I seriously hope One Man's Trash wins this time