Galactineers - the Space-Sandbox-RTS-game [Now at Steam!]

Have you made something for a different game or in real life? Post here!

Post Permalink
by LInsoDeTeh » 11/14/2015

Hey guys,

I'd like to show you my game Galactineers, which is available at Steam:

Galactineers is a genre-mix of open-world-sandbox game (like Minecraft, but is located in space) and realtime-strategy game. Instead of an avatar with an inventory you take control over numerous ships. You use blocks, buildings, and items, to shape the world to your imaginations.

Gameplay Demo (german) #1 - Sandbox & Economy
Gameplay Demo (german) #1.5 - Sandbox (extended)
Gameplay Demo (german) #2 - Fights, PVP & PVE
Gameplay Demo (german) #3 - Exploration

Core feature of the game is the ship designer in the factory building. Wether you need harversters, cargo- and construction ships, observers, or battle ships, you build everything in the ship designer. You use blocks and ship modules. You can choose from nearly 50 different block materials and hundreds of ship modules, to design your ships as you imagine them, regarding look and functionality.

Explore space, to find ressources, pirates nests, extra-terrestrial stations, PVP arenas, such as PVE missions.

In the PVP arenas, you can face off with your friends and determine, who built the best battle ships. Bet for ship construction plans, or ressources.

In the PVE missions you can try to beat the game in singleplayer, or cooperatively with up to 4 players. You can win precious materials, or unlock new modules for the ship designer.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

The game is highly customizable. You can create own texture packs, add recipes to the foundry, or use the Object Editor, to add your own stations and asteroids to the map. With the simple PHP programming API, you can easily script your own PVE missions.

We'd really appreciate, if you'd give us your vote on Steam Greenlight :-)
Last edited by LInsoDeTeh on 3/25/2016, edited 3 times in total.
Level 1
New Miner

Post Permalink
by DailyTuber » 11/14/2015

This does look like minecraft in space with sandbox style but wow, I must say great work! I really like the game and probably will buy it when it comes out if price will be reasonable! :)
Free to use YouTube music in vlogs, videos, streams and more!
https://goo.gl/fPO8Iz

Level 22
Expert Mage

Post Permalink
by Scott » 11/14/2015

TBH; To Minecraft(e)
Sitting in the corner of the room.
Server: mc-sabotage.com
Level 36
Artisan Droid
Says: Don't Drink & Mine
Minecraft: Sodex234
mc_server: mc-sabotage.com

Post Permalink

DailyTuber wrote:This does look like minecraft in space with sandbox style but wow, I must say great work! I really like the game and probably will buy it when it comes out if price will be reasonable! :)

Thank you very much :-)

We'll start with a cheaper Early Access version to get some community content into the game for the full release. Don't be worried about the expression "Early Access" though, it will already have like 85% of all features, we're almost done with development.
Level 1
New Miner

Post Permalink
by DailyTuber » 11/14/2015

LInsoDeTeh wrote:
DailyTuber wrote:This does look like minecraft in space with sandbox style but wow, I must say great work! I really like the game and probably will buy it when it comes out if price will be reasonable! :)

Thank you very much :-)

We'll start with a cheaper Early Access version to get some community content into the game for the full release. Don't be worried about the expression "Early Access" though, it will already have like 85% of all features, we're almost done with development.

Mind releasing few demos? :)
Free to use YouTube music in vlogs, videos, streams and more!
https://goo.gl/fPO8Iz

Level 22
Expert Mage

Post Permalink

In the opening post I linked a few gameplay demo videos. They're in german language, but english versions will follow soon. If you don't mind the german commentary, you can nevertheless have a look for gameplay impressions.
Level 1
New Miner

Post Permalink
by LInsoDeTeh » 11/19/2015

Hello again!
I re-worked the graphics a little bit. I improved the texture filtering and added glow effects. Feedback welcome, same goes for your votes at Greenlight :-)

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=554345851

Level 1
New Miner

Post Permalink
by ThePixelPony » 11/19/2015

This isn't Minecraft in space. It's a voxel game. Give OP a break guys. He deserves it.

Great looking game, OP!
[align=center]Image[/align]
Level 39
Artisan Vampire

Post Permalink
by amazoDog161 » 11/19/2015

This is really cool!
Level 17
Journeyman Dragon
Minecraft: sasunka

Post Permalink
by amazoDog161 » 11/19/2015

What language are you using to make this? Will this x86 only?
Level 17
Journeyman Dragon
Minecraft: sasunka

Post Permalink
by LInsoDeTeh » 11/20/2015

Thank you for the great feedback guys :-)

The game is developed in C# with the XNA framework, which I use as the base for my own engine. :-)
Level 1
New Miner

Post Permalink
by ICEThat » 11/20/2015

This looks brilliant! I would definitely pay for this - and I buy next to no games! How long do you think will be until release?

All my life I thought air was free, until I bought a bag of chips.
- Anonymous

GENERATION 43:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. This is a social experiment.
Level 10
Journeyman Dragon
Says: Watch me on YouTube!
Minecraft: ICEThat

Next

Return to Your Creations