[Game] Galaxy Sandbox [In Development] V.0_00.08

JavaBuckets's Avatar JavaBuckets11/23/13 7:36 pm
1 emeralds 4.5k 36
11/17/2014 3:47 pm
Bubz's Avatar Bubz

Background History

So one day... I was sitting on a random chair in a random school. My teacher said that he like my little 'space game' and he said something about galaxy's and planets, which really caught me! I don't remember the exact things but it triggered some thoughts of mine. All sorts of ideas kept coming to me: Self made galaxy's, planet core's, multiplayer compatible, web player, and so much more! So when I got home, I wondered if I could even do this with my Coding knowledge :S Well, that's for you to find out Everyone from JavaBuckets will be working on this so lets get codin' n' texturin'!

Information

On to the features of this beauty!

This game is in early development which a lot of you might find, well... irritating, and I get you! There is a lot of these un-done games on Planetminecraft and they all promise it will be out soon with cool features and sh*t :S

Well first of all we are not going to let you know it will be done soon, because it won't. Games takes time to make, maybe at some point in summer 2014 or spring it'll be done, but not even that can be promised! But the cool thing about it, is that we will be uploading Development builds for everyday so you can see how it develops throughout the time!

The actual game features will be something like this: http://javabuckets.wordpress.com/

Pictures and Images

The Planet: "Xeldo"

Spaceship View (When flying around the space, only spaceship model as of yet, gotta work on more models!)

Landed on Xeldo and this is the Player's view (First Person but, will be changeable)

Credits and other stuff

This game is made in Unity, coded with C# and the models are made with 3ds Max Autodesk. We do not own any of these programs/applications and the developers takes full credit for those.

This game is made by JavaBuckets, we are a small group (company) and hope to grow big in the future by making applications and games!

Development Team:

Head Developer on the game: Thom, Leader of JavaBuckets

Head Modeller on the game: Thom, Leader of JavaBuckets

Head Texturer on the game: Nack, Member of JavaBuckets

Head Artwork on the game: Josh, Member of JavaBuckets

Andreas will maybe be working on the game too, Seb just gives out ideas! xD

Download and Installation Guide

Downloads:

V.0_00.07 (day 7, week 1): http://adfoc.us/17705735067152

Installation Guide:
1.Download the game
2.extract the zip where ever you want
3.make sure the data folder is in the same folder as the original game.exe
4.(optional) create a shortcut on the desktop or in a game folder, etc.
5.Enjoy the game and please leave feedback and ideas in the comment section
below

JavaBuckets
Level 80 : Elite Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/17/2014 3:47 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Blockhead
Bubz
Good Luck!

PS. If you need help with anything feel free to ask me. I'm quite experienced with Unity
11/17/2014 2:40 pm
Level 45 : Master Blob
Gegy
1 year later....
07/02/2014 10:34 am
Level 38 : Artisan Blob
Xeron
Hey there! I was wondering if I could help texture for this game?
05/06/2014 7:47 am
Level 1 : New Miner
CDR-RAGE
is this still getting developed??
01/06/2014 9:40 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Crafter
R_B98
I've been following your star wars mod for a while and this seems cool just downloaded and trying it now

Edit: Neat! I like it. May I suggest adding a forest planet sorta like Endor?
11/30/2013 4:40 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
DaFrontPorch
Looking good!
11/25/2013 9:03 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
minecraft022403
Yes! Now I can do figure 8's in my shuttle for days!
11/25/2013 10:10 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Ranger
Reynard
Well if you need any ship models i can spare some too, i have a forum account on another site that has an entire database of ships and models. I usually submit my models there. if you want a specific i can help make it.
11/25/2013 12:13 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Mage
XBlack_LeopardX
sounds great
11/25/2013 9:54 am
JavaBuckets
We really appreciate it!

- Andreas, Developer and Founder of JavaBuckets
11/24/2013 5:59 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Carter991
Oh and another thing! Can I be your advertiser/sponsor once the game gets big ?
11/24/2013 11:56 pm
JavaBuckets
We are our own sponsors, we got so many contacts with so many people that, that shouldn't be hard. If you are willingly to do this for free then of course we wouldn't thank no!
11/24/2013 5:53 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Dragon
Carter991
I'll try it out man! Love testing games out in beta even know it's frustrating! best of luck and I hope this game becomes popular!
11/24/2013 11:55 pm
JavaBuckets
So do we! It would be awesome to have this go popular! after this game is done we will work on mainly horror games for the Oculus rift because that's what the future lays in, in my opinion.
11/24/2013 5:47 pm
minecraft022403
Will there be a way to build a base?
This game i great though, keep up the good work JavaBuckets
11/24/2013 11:53 pm
JavaBuckets
nope, there will much more than that building your own galaxy, with its own planets, with your own specie or life form or whatever you want to make! Maybe something like in-game modelling so you can add your own simple houses or structures. But when its all set and done, there will be a big range of different models to choose from in order to create the city or planet that you want! Look forward to all this in the year of 2014!
11/24/2013 4:18 pm
minecraft022403
Tried it out, is the trader gonna be able to move in future updates? And also I got a bit bugged without being able to look up, will that be added too? Sorry just a few questions
11/24/2013 5:44 pm
JavaBuckets
The trader is first of all, not going to be the engineer from BF3 second of all hes not gonna be standing in the middle of everything but inside a shop. Yes looking up and down will be possible xD also going from First Person to Third Person and much much more! And don't worry, questions are good! if you got more questions, speak up!
11/24/2013 3:09 pm
minecraft022403
Dang, have to download again because internet doesn't trust JavaBuckets D: Internet might have trust issues.
11/24/2013 3:43 pm
JavaBuckets
Damn you internet ill make a video later tomorrow showcasing the ideas for the future and I think I'm going to do a scan on the download just in case aye' xD

- Thom, Head Developer and Leader of JavaBuckets
11/24/2013 11:50 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Narwhal
Useless_Paul
This is interesting! I would love to do a video on this. I wish you all the best of luck!
11/24/2013 1:22 pm
JavaBuckets
Ahh! we really appreciate the feedback from you guys! already loads of replies and they just keep coming xD! Would love to see a video made from a fan, Think I'm going to make a section for fan-videos and artwork xD!

11/24/2013 11:46 am
Level 31 : Artisan Geek
Z645
Might have to try this out.
11/24/2013 1:20 pm
JavaBuckets
Might !? Do it man xD its in early stages but I think we are actually going pretty fast! soon it will be a functional game that will be a bit fun to play, then when everything planned is added (maybe first in spring or summer of 2014) it will be one of those games you just wake up and log on to you pc to play xD (hopefully )

11/24/2013 10:29 am
minecraft022403
JavaBucket I am a fan of you, and your modding So I bet this'll be amazing!
11/24/2013 11:32 am
JavaBuckets
Yes! A trustworthy fan xD we wont let you down JavaViewer xD!
PS: it's JavaBuckets not JavaBucket (the 's' is because we are a group (company))

11/24/2013 10:26 am
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
I'd rather a ship creator like KSP, the starmade ship creator doesn't really work in a non voxel game.

Also, are those models being used in .obj format?

If they are I can lend you this for a ship model:

Click to reveal
11/24/2013 11:31 am
JavaBuckets
Uhmm KSP :3 I don't know what that is but we will come up with something :S something without thinking or comparing to other games.

Uhm no, the models are imported with .max (3ds max autodesk) but .obj files works fine too I guess xD feel free to send in models and we might add them if they're good enough and we feel like having something made with them (all this will first be added when all the game physics are in place!)

11/25/2013 10:05 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Toast
sigurd4
KSP is short for kerbal space program
http://store.steampowered.com/app/220200/
11/24/2013 10:20 am
Level 47 : Master Spelunker
vaxivop
Looks pretty cool and seems like it has a lot of potential. keep up the good work
11/24/2013 10:58 am
JavaBuckets
Hehe xD, It won't let your thoughts down! Ill post more pictures today! Models is what we are working on atm, Nack is texturing an awesome wall I made earlier! It really feels like we are making a prof game, I love this feeling xD

11/23/2013 7:59 pm
Level 22 : Expert Explorer
SyntaxError73
You should make a ship creator like in Star-Made... (can't play that game because of my graphics.... I have a laptop.)
11/24/2013 9:44 am
JavaBuckets
! not bad! not bad at all! good idea dude! WILL be implemented xD along with a store to buy different parts for your spaceship, I will probably work on the stored soon because the take time even though they're easy and I want to get all the main concept stuff done asap so players can enjoy playing the game! Please, feel free to let your ideas pop out of your head like crazy xD

11/23/2013 7:42 pm
JavaBuckets
IceMagicTrying the game out now.

Ahh, well It's in really early stages but thanks! is the graphics ok or do I need to work more on the models ? the Mountain on Xeldo, what do you think of them

11/23/2013 7:38 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Architect
Suspence1127
Cool! Also, first!
11/23/2013 7:41 pm
JavaBuckets
Hey there! Glad you like it man xD Also if you feel like it, go ahead and download and try it out, if you want, I can have a moderator scan it for viruses :S Its in really early stages so its ok if you don't want to xD

Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome