A good phone for around 150$(around 135eu)

Azrath's Avatar Azrath6/19/17 5:08 pm
1 emeralds 515 9
6/23/2017 7:13 pm
Azrath's Avatar Azrath
Hello!

So since I found a job I wanted to get rid of my old Huawei G630 phone. It still working fine but for apps I started using more and more every day its not enough. 4GB internal memory wont cut it any more and neither does 8GB SD card.

Anyways I seen Huawei P8 Lite and I was wondering what are your opinion on this phone? You had it? Seen it at the store? Maybe your friend has it? I need to know info before buying it and everyone online says it performs well, only in games it lags but I do not play games on phone so I do not really care about that. Tho my friends, 2 of them I asked about phone says it is not good as it looks like.

So I am open to any opinions and suggestions on what phone to get, I am in love with Huawei brand as I had G300 as my first android phone and to my surprise it still works, not like in its glory days but its still usable, same with G630 but it is getting a bit old for my taste.
Azrath
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/22/2017 7:42 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
The Swift looks like a good phone - definitely better than my suggestion. 720p looks fine on a small screen (speaking from experience with the OG Nvidia Shield), though I still prefer 1080p.
06/23/2017 7:13 pm
Azrath
Ye I mainly focus on music and photos so display is not that much of a big deal to me.
06/21/2017 12:58 pm
Level 27 : Expert Scribe
Cosmopath
The Swift 2 Plus is quite a good phone, 110 euros is pretty much a steal for it. Has the same processor as the BQ Aquaris U (Snapdragon 430) with 3GB of RAM, clean and close-to-stock software that's getting a surprising amount of updates, has a solid all-metal build, a good camera and decent display albeit only 720p, and useful features like NFC and a fingerprint scanner. It's usually not something I recommend because its competitors are for the most part priced better, but at 110? Definitely would be a great buy.

Honestly, the only two sites that I know are good and trustworthy for buying phones are eBay and Swappa, and the latter is really only active in the US. If you look into eBay, look for what eBay calls "top-rated sellers" - this usually means they have a high amount of feedback with the overwhelming majority of it positive.
06/22/2017 10:52 am
Azrath
Alright! Thanks again!
06/20/2017 4:10 pm
Azrath
Thank you all! I did some research on phones and they all look decent to me, a lets say normal phone user and while looking I stumbled upon this one: WileyFox Swift 2 Plus

Does anyone know if the specs of the phone are really there and that the price of it(110eu in amazon.es tho I am not from Spain) checks out?

Also what are reliable sites to buy used phones online? I never bought ANYTHING online, ever in my past 10 years on internet of always scared of getting scammed so any advice would be welcome.
06/20/2017 1:38 pm
Level 46 : Master Button Pusher
Leeberator
You could pick up a used Galaxy S5 for $100-190. It's not recent, but it's still very usable. The GPU appears to have about twice the power of the GS4, so you'll have no problem running a good amount of 3D games at 1080p. Paired with 16-32GB of storage, you should be golden.
06/20/2017 9:20 am
Level 27 : Expert Scribe
Cosmopath
Admin on the Discord server of the subreddit /r/PickAnAndroidForMe here. I have a lot of experience using and recommending phones to people, and basically know the Android device market inside out.

The P8 Lite is a pretty decent phone for $150, but it's not fantastic by any means. It's pretty powerful for the price, has a reasonably nice display albeit only 720p, above average battery life, and it seems to have solid build quality. Some drawbacks are mediocre software (Huawei fixed this on their most recent iteration of their software EMUI, but the P8 Lite did not and never will get that update), and an unimpressive camera. It's definitely a good choice for $150, but I'm not sure if it's the best.

Look into the phones by BQ, notably the Aquaris U series. They're more powerful, have very impressive battery life, offer a very smooth and close-to-stock Android experience (it's updated to the newest version as well), and a great camera. Its main drawback is a mediocre display, but in this case I think the pros heavily outweigh the cons. From when I last checked, the regular Aquaris U (there's a Lite model and a Plus model) was like 130 euros, although I don't remember in which country I checked.

With all due respect to Kris, I would avoid the Galaxy J1 at all costs. The Spreadtrum CPU it uses is laughably weak, it only comes with 512mb/1gb of RAM, has a very unimpressive display, and never gets updated beyond the version of Android it shipped on. The only real thing it has going for it is good battery life with a battery that's removable, but it's not worth it. It's also extremely overpriced for what it offers knowing the competition.
06/19/2017 10:14 pm
Level 24 : Expert Architect
KrisTheCrazie
Hi Azrath,

Being a former phone salesman, it depends on the main functionality you are looking for. I would definitely go for something with larger amounts of storage, but remember to include the ability to get a MicroSD card(that seems to be going the way of the Dodo for some company's). I do have a preference to Samsung myself and would recommend getting a Samsung J1. But since you have a Huawei phone it's probably easier to stay with the same brand. I'd almost say, if you are able to save a bit more and get a mid tier phone that would give you a lot more functionality. Something like a Samsung A5 2017, but again that is all dependent on how urgent a new phone is. The more money you spend on a phone the more functionality you will get, it's that simple. The bare minimum I would get now for internal stoirage would likely be about 16gb as it will allow you to get a decent amount of apps compared to a 8gb, considering most of the time at least 4gb is taken up by System Settings.

Hope this helps! If you want more assistance let me know. I'm always willing to help out!
06/20/2017 2:48 am
Azrath
Thanks! I never linked Samsung phones due fact that I seen my friends one and they get slow rather quickly due too many constant updates. (or they might have cought some viruses, who knows). The phone is not urgent but I would like to get it as soon as I get my paycheck so that is around 200eu so that is my budget. I am looking for something with good front and rear camera + at least around 16gb storage + to be able to use Messegner and Instagram without problems. My current phone makes my picture WAY darker than they are when taking them with Instagram or Messenger and its a bit annoying having to take them by phone camera and than upload them.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome