Has Minecraft influenced how you want to live in Real life?

DreamWanderer's Avatar DreamWanderer6/11/17 3:29 pm
1 emeralds 549 8
6/28/2017 7:18 am
Bastion1540's Avatar Bastion1540
I'm just wondering has anyone ever been influenced by Minecraft on how you want to live directly or indirectly? Before Minecraft (or when i had found it) when i was a young teen, My outlet for creativity was going out into the woods and using fallen wood to try to build "forts". I got a my very first computer for Christmas, One day i stumbled apon Minecraft, and i always wondered what it would take to build a real home and live off of your own resources.
Not long after i was offered the option to go to a "vocational" school to learn a trade, I choose Masonry solely at the time just because i was into Minecraft, and wanted to do some hands on building for the fun of it. About in the middle of that school i got really into Architecture (have 3 books over 600 pages long on historic architecture now). Between Minecraft building, learning to build in Real life, and the thoughts of what I'm going to do with my life. I have my mind set that i am going to Build my own home, and determined to do so if it comes down to getting a plot of land out in the woods with nothing but some tools, and the determination. I might even consider trying self sufficient living.
But in all this i have no idea where,how, and when to start. Has anyone else here chosen or going to choose a career path or way of living from a interest in Minecraft ?
DreamWanderer
Level 84 : Elite Pegasus

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/28/2017 7:18 am
Level 48 : Master Technomancer
Bastion1540
minecraft made me understand that we live in a negative society where we are slaves of technology and what I call "abusive sociability" , now I wish I was born born in medieval times, or at least find a forest with a good river with fishes and start my life all over again, I will start naked, not even with my contact lenses, I will make a dirt (mud) hut, hunt, farm, and why not discover iron .....,

ok it's not just minecraft, but it had a minor influence on that, specially when I hear C418-key while playing survival, I always get tears in my eyes
06/28/2017 5:33 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
xXRAINBOWSLUGSXx
minecraft helped/helps me w/ (or get into) a lot of things ngl!
liek after i stared playing i rly got into building things irl! nothing major tho, like ive just assembled tables and junk from stores and built a small shelter for local cats that i sorta take care of ^_^
and ive gotten more social irl and online and i think thats bc of minecraft but who knowz
it also got me into coding! i dont code anything like mods or stuff but i hope 2 someday itz just hard 4 me 2 sit down and code 4 hours on end so i stick to making dress up games XD
06/26/2017 12:25 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
sykese
It helped me with social skills quite a lot, especially being on the bigger servers, and becoming a well known person on the big ones.

In terms of real life, I wouldn't say it has really influenced that as of late.
06/11/2017 6:11 pm
Level 20 : Expert Network
Sparthia
It made me want to be a coder.
06/11/2017 5:02 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
I now looks at details in buildings and things like that, now that I might want to build some of that stuff in Minecraft. Before I would never notice them, and when I tried to build something from memory, I had no clue to how it was structured because I didn't notice the details.
06/11/2017 4:13 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Redstone_Flash
minecraft got me started in learning javascript to program mods, and eventually inspired me to learn html and css for webpage developement. I'm only at elementry school so it didn't affect me that much yet
06/11/2017 4:40 pm
Level 84 : Elite Pegasus
DreamWanderer
Modding and web development in elementary, I'm 20 years of age an i got no clue about that stuff, doing better than me!
06/11/2017 3:58 pm
Level 42 : Master Dragonborn
IndyJacksonTT
Minecraft gave me something to do on summer days...
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome