Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Help keyboard_arrow_right Bedrock Edition

Create Forum Thread

Cannot change villager's profession

1 emeralds2 replies200 views
created 08/20/2019 3:58 am by danjgoodwin96
last reply 09/10/2019 6:31 pm
Hi guys,

So I am curing zombie villagers in hopes to make a librarian. Heres my process...

1.. I start off with a lit up room for the zombie villager with just a bed in it, with no workstation nearby.
2.. I find a zombie villager, making it follow me into that said room I built with just a bed.
3.. I throw a splash potion of weakness and give it a golden apple
4.. The zombie villager is now cured, but defaults to a tool smith - even with no workstations around or nearby his little room
5.. As there is no current workstation, I put down a lecturer next to the villager in hopes to turn him into a librarian from tool smith, but nothing happens. He remains as a tool smith.

I have tried to do the above on 3 different zombie villagers. All with separate rooms. But all of them defaults to tool smiths.

I watched tutorials and you can change the villager's profession by destroying their current workstation and putting down a new one to reflect the required profession.

So this has raised the below questions -

1: Why do all the zombie villagers I cure always default to tool smiths even if theres no workstations nearby?
2: How can I change one into a librarian if they didn't have a workstation in the first place when I cured a zombie villager?

Thanks,
Dan
Posted by avatar
danjgoodwin96
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

2 replies

09/10/2019 6:31 pm
Level 21 : Expert Ninja
dirtybaker1331
From my understanding the cured zombie villagers will have the jobs they were previously. You can see a bit of XP as if you had traded with them even if they were random spawns and you did not trade. I learned this the hard way trying to get a farmer for over 2 hours from the 3 cured zombie villagers I had. I even tried to cure them with just the compost in the area.
08/21/2019 7:59 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Modder
HoboMaggot
1. Have you checked the nearby area for workstations? They're supposed to default to nitwits, even if they're zombie villagers I think.

2. If you try to change the villager's profession without the appropriate workstation, the villager will most likely update it back into nitwit (because it always activetly searches for workstations if the block isn't there). However, I think {NoAI:1} might be able to stop the villager changing professions, since it's not moving/thinking, which is basically a double-edged sword.

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome