Is It Possible to Summon a Splash Potion With Effects?

Bentendo's Avatar Bentendo11/27/19 7:56 pm
2 emeralds 6.7k 4
1/23/2020 11:01 am
Keyboard Matrix's Avatar Keyboard Matrix
Hi there. I’ve been trying to use command blocks to summon a splash potion that has the instant damage effect for a don’t stop running portion of my map, but so far, I’ve been only successful at summoning an original water splash potion. There doesn’t seem to be a way to change the id of a splash potion or any entity in general.

Is there any way to summon a splash potion with special effects?
Bentendo
Level 12 : Journeyman Mage

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/21/2020 9:12 pmhistory
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter
Keyboard Matrix
Hello, I may be able to help however it will mostly have to be without command blocks I am afraid. As I have a pretty good understanding of how most things work in Minecraft (Commands etc.) I have 2 ideas for you:

1. Try and save a thrown potion with a Structure block; Whether you get another player or a dispenser to throw the splash potion it may be possible to catch it with the structure block, since entities can be saved by the structure block (However I have not tested this, but it does work with falling snow.) , but you will have to be fast, this is when the boundary box and a button comes in handy.

2. Auto refill dispensers; Again using structure blocks, try saving dispensers which are full of splash potions and then loading them again in the places you want. Combining command blocks and structure blocks together can be really useful (I know this as I use them for my creative server in things like trolls and auto doors with bells :P), and using the radius command means the dispensers can automatically be refilled whenever the player approaches the area (The radius command can also be used to activate the dispensers). Let's hope you know a fair bit of redstone.

In case you didn't know "/give @s structure_block" will give the structure block to you.

I know I have said a lot about structure blocks in this but it's stupidly useful and even more stupidly unknown so I try my best to get the best out of it. :)

Hope this helped.
01/23/2020 7:59 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Mage
Bentendo
Thanks for the help, but I’m not really working on the map at the time; I’m working on a minigame park (which hopefully I don’t burn out putting effort into the world).

And I’ve already decided to summon Evocation Fangs in that particular map instead since they seem to give a better sense to run than splash potions; makes you feel like you’re getting chased by some monster, lol!

Always wondered what the structure block’s purpose was, though. Thanks!
01/23/2020 11:01 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Crafter
Keyboard Matrix
Ok, have fun!
11/28/2019 4:33 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
Bedrock doesn't support changing nbt, so this is only possible to Java edition
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com