Ocean Monument Help

NohJay47's Avatar NohJay4711/17/22 7:39 pm
2 emeralds 127 3
3/29/2023 12:53 pm
A Lost Boy's Avatar A Lost Boy
I was scrolling through this section and I just realized that most of this is technical stuff and command block help, but I'll post this anyway, even though it's strictly a gameplay question.
So my friend and I have a world and we put the seed (-104456 for anyone who's interested) into chunkbase.com's seed map. We found an ocean monument close to where we had our base, and are making plans to loot it. We are also considering turning the monument into a base, and eradicating all the guardians from it. The internet says the way to do this is draining the whole thing. Does anyone have any fast and relatively simple (if it involves redstone) ways to do this?
Thanks!
NohJay47
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/29/2023 12:53 pmhistory
Level 30 : Artisan Magical Boy
A Lost Boy
hm... I'm not sure if draining it is the best way to do that. If you're willing to put in some effort, there is a relatively simple but time-consuming method I've come up with. I What I've done is this:

PREREQUISITES:
1. Gather 8 Nautilus Shells and a Heart of the Sea (found in buried treasure chests, which can be located with maps from shipwrecks. I highly recommend that you hold onto the Water Breathing potions found in these chests) to make a Conduit.
2. Gather the best water Enchantments* you can get, and preferably acquire a Mending Trident with Loyalty.
3. If you still don't have enough Water Breathing potions from the buried treasure, brew some with Pufferfish and Awkward Potion. To increase their length, add Redstone when you're done.

PROCEDURE:

1. Enter with a Respiration III helmet. Aqua Affinity is highly recommended* and some degree of Depth Strider is recommended as well.
2. Ignore the Guardians.
3. Locate the Elder Guardians and eliminate them.
4. Loot the Monument, if desired.
5. Mine as much Prismarine as you can. To avoid destroying the entire Monument, you can always mine the outer edges of rooms and/or the pillars holding up the monument (only in some monuments).
6. Find the approximate center of the Monument.
7. Craft a Conduit with 8 Nautilus Shells and a Heart of the Sea.
8. Build a Conduit with your Prismarine. See the model below.
9. In the finished product, you should have the following:
  a. A large area surrounding the monument in which you have the power of the Conduit.
  b. The Conduit provides you with Haste to mine underwater, Night Vision to see, and Water Breathing.
  c. The radius of the Conduit's power depends on how complete the structure surrounding it is.

*Note that Aqua Affinity is relatively ineffective until the Elder Guardians are eliminated. However, it will prove to be useful while you mine enough Prismarine to build the Conduit.

Complete Conduit structure (Note that you can use ANY combination of Prismarine blocks, including Prismarine Bricks, Dark Prismarine, and Prismarine. I believe Sea Lanterns may work as well.):
03/29/2023 11:38 am
Level 1 : New Miner
kasisbook
I know people have managed, but beyond using a respiration 3 helmet and trying to be as fast as I can when killing the elder guardians, I don't know how it's possible. There's just not enough air! The mining fatigue gets applied instantly even through walls, so digging through parts of the monument is not an option. Milk only gives one second of reprieve before the effect is applied again. The door trick also doesn't work in Bedrock, so I can't form air pockets.

I'm at a loss. Are there any tricks you guys have used? Is there another enchantment or something I'm missing? Any help here would be hugely appreciated.
11/20/2022 8:14 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Engineer
iamdeedz
I guess the easiest way to drain it is by using sponges but that would take a long time. You could also use any gravity block (eg. sand, gravel) to drain the surrounding water then use sponges for the rest. If you are on Java, there might be some redstone flying machine type thing that could drain it but I'm a bedrock player so I wouldn't know. If you use sponges, make a nether portal very close to where you are draining so that you can just place the wet sponges in the nether to dry them.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome