Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Help keyboard_arrow_right Bedrock Edition

Create Forum Thread

Skin Keeps Changing to Default

3 emeralds6 replies135 views
created 08/17/2019 10:38 am by Taehyunq_ history
last reply 08/17/2019 2:07 pm
I'm new to the Windows 10 minecraft (a friend wanted me to play). I've only been playing this version of minecraft for nearly a week, with a few day break away from it.

I'm not sure if anyone's asked this before or had the same "problem", but my custom skin always changes back to a steve or alex, and I've tried joining a server to test it. This only happens whenever I open up minecraft.

Basically, whenever I open up minecraft, my custom skin (accessible through the coat hanger below your minecraft character on the right of the screen) has reset back to one of the default skins. This isn't a huge issue, but is this normal? It says that the skin I use has limited usage, but I don't think that's affecting the skin from changing lol. Thanks to anyone who helps.
Posted by avatar
Taehyunq_
Level 22 : Expert Skinner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

6 replies

08/17/2019 2:07 pm
Taehyunq_
Can this thread be locked? My question has already been answered.
Drzzter
08/17/2019 1:06 pmhistory
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Artist
oakar258
Happens to me too - custom skins is simply not compatible with other platforms so they are getting reverted to last used compantible skin

Even game tells you that at the bottom of skin preview
08/17/2019 1:24 pm
Taehyunq_
Ah, I wasn't entirely sure what they meant by that. Thanks for answering my question.
08/17/2019 11:43 am
Level 23 : Expert Creeper
Conman Is Number 1
I'm pretty sure that depending on certain skins it will put it back to the default, but that's just a guess, but this happened to me before.
Honestly, I'm not sure how to stop changing it the default skin, maybe contact Mojang?
08/17/2019 12:12 pm
Taehyunq_
Hm. Weird, I wonder why some skins would do that. I've only tried one skin in this version so far, but maybe it'll work with another skin.
I don't think it's a big enough deal to contact Mojang, but if it continues for a long, long time, I might consider it. That's if it does it for every skin, of course. Glad to know I'm not the only person who's had this problem before though lol
08/17/2019 12:21 pm
Level 23 : Expert Creeper
Conman Is Number 1
If you have any other problems with this/ any other stuff related to Minecraft, feel free to ask!

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome