Unusual hacking in private bedrock server

User3441401F's Avatar User3441401F2/17/21 5:38 pm history
3/1/2021 2:14 pm
Tacocat Gaming's Avatar Tacocat Gaming
I am running a dedicated bedrock server from a computer in my house and this is the second iteration of the server I have ran. The first iteration ended after only a few days because I suspected a hacker of some sort had entered through the open port and was manipulating the game.

This hacker did not show up in the server connection log, or in the player list, nor in the permissions file.

I know it was a hacker because of the following reasons.

1. Only one of the players in the small group even is playing on a PC and has the capacity to learn such hacks.
2. That player is a hardcore survival player who has a fiery disdain for cheating.
3. The actual effect the hacker had included executing commands and spawing modified items. (E.G. a beehive that when placed would spawn numerous blocks of TNT activated around it).
4. The hacker responded to interaction from the players (positively or negatively depending on the situation)

I cannot find any means of preventing this individual from doing what they are doing or even properly identifying them. Their commands are executed via command block, identified by "[!". Needless to say they griefed the first iteration into uselessness. And after waiting a few days and launching a new iteration that has gone smoothly for while they seem to have returned. As soon as I saw them execute a single command I closed the server, closed the ports, and backed up the world file.

I'm not overly concerned about my network security as the server is run from an isolated VLAN with other protections in place, but the integrity of the server is compromised if I can't solve this.

I can't find anything online similar to my experience. Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any idea how to solve it?
User3441401F
Level 1 : New Miner