Where should I upload world downloads for console playe

Matt_the_Viking's Avatar Matt_the_Viking2/14/21 10:32 am
3 emeralds 343 8
2/14/2021 5:24 pm
IndigoDusky's Avatar IndigoDusky
TL;DR - Will Mediafire work?

For context I run a Youtube channel called Mattcraft and a lot of my content is tutorials which I always provide world downloads alongside. I frequently get requests to provide Bedrock downloads, however I am solely a Java player and have no experience with bedrock. I have done a bit of research about converting worlds and it seems I can use a program called Universal Minecraft Converter to convert Java worlds to the various forms of Bedrock (Xbox, PS4 etc.). I use Mediafire for my Java world downloads, would Bedrock players be able to download and play worlds from here as well or is there somewhere else I need to upload them?
Matt_the_Viking
Level 9 : Apprentice Engineer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/14/2021 11:07 amhistory
Level 44 : Master Strawberry
IndigoDusky
You can use Mediafire! A tip, once you convert the worlds, compress them into a zip file (If not done already) Then rename them to the file extension .mcworld. it makes it incredibly easier for them to import the world!

Then you can upload the "Yourworld".mcworld to Mediafire!

(Also, All versions of Bedrock (That are still being updated) take the same world code, so there is no need to convert your worlds to each console type ♥)
02/14/2021 12:29 pm
Matt_the_Viking
Thank You! Let me check I understand this correctly...

So I have successfully converted one of my worlds from Java to Windows 10 edition and I now have this new folder sitting in my Windows 10 saves directory. When you say convert it into a zip file am I taking the whole folder and placing it in a zip file or just what's in the save folder (i.e. Do I have a bedrock save folder inside a zip file or do I have the CONTENTS of the save folder inside a zip)?
02/14/2021 1:03 pmhistory
IndigoDusky
Inside the .zip would just be the contents of the save folder. Not the save folder and the contents.

If you want to look, just download a map for bedrock and rename the file extension to .zip and look inside!

And if you want to, you can make a test world, convert it, and upload it here! (I have both editions, so I can test it for you!)
02/14/2021 4:56 pm
Matt_the_Viking
Okay, thanks.

I have done this for my latest tutorial. I renamed it with .mcworld but it's still classified as a .zip file (so it's .mcworld.zip). Not sure if that matters. If you could test it that would be amazing!

www.mediafire.com/file/fst6t2gh2swbubq/Grian.mcworld.zip/file
02/14/2021 5:03 pmhistory
IndigoDusky
It needs to be just .mcpack (When you rename it, can you delete the .zip? It might say "This might make it unstable" click yes)

If you can't, you can just tell them to delete the .zip of the name!

I renamed it and it worked perfectly! (Great mansion btw!)
02/14/2021 5:15 pm
Matt_the_Viking
Okay, I'll play around with doing that and see if I can get it to work. Thanks for your help!
02/14/2021 3:52 pm
Level 27 : Expert Miner
McJoeGames
Great helping out with the community
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome