[1.15.2]Block lag even with good PC

Azdhril's Avatar Azdhril3/31/20 12:24 pm history
1 emeralds 213 5
4/6/2020 5:39 pm
GraySlicerAnimations's Avatar GraySlicerAnimations
As you guys can see I have good computer, and I'm giving 8gb to minecraft and it's using less than 50% of this 8gb

And in the left down corner my CPUand GPU information, minecraft IS NOT using 50% of both.

Around 30% GPU and 15% CPU

Could you help me?

Print Mine
videosettings
Azdhril
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/06/2020 5:21 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
Is that some sort of mob spawner/grinder or item collector in the first screenshot that you posted? If so, large amounts of entities as icephantom suggested may be the culprit.

Also, contrary to popular belief, allocating more RAM does not equal more FPS. Giving Minecraft too much RAM actually hurts performance. If you take a look at the debug information that you posted, it is saying that Minecraft is only using about 1GB of memory. I would say to allocate 1.5GB of RAM to Minecraft then. 8GB is far too much for a vanilla world and may actually be hurting performance as I said earlier.
04/06/2020 5:11 pmhistory
Level 24 : Expert Artist
GraySlicerAnimations
A large amount of mobs and active redstone could be culprits, as well as several others mentioned by icephantom. Like he said, try the /killall hostile command. Also just curious, what are your pc specs?
04/06/2020 5:17 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
His specs can be seen in the first screenshot that he posted.
04/06/2020 5:39 pm
Level 24 : Expert Artist
GraySlicerAnimations
Oh, wait, right, never mind then lol
03/31/2020 5:27 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Miner
icephantom
Lag has so many reasons, not all are obvious.
I am presuming this is a Vanilla 1.15.2 instance, single player. If so, does this lag happen if you start a brand new map ?
If not, you could have something like a hopper dropping items all the time creating loads of floating items waiting to be picked up somewhere on your map - a large collection of floating entities like this can really cause lag. Doesn't have to be a hopper, could be a load of mobs spawning somewhere ? Try the /killall hostile command.
Worth a look around your map for some place with too many entities about to start with.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome