6+ Layer Banner code isn't working in 1.14, and it's getting on my last nerve.

Cool_Catastrophy's Avatar Cool_Catastrophy6/8/19 12:23 am
1 emeralds 5.7k 5
6/19/2019 2:35 pm
unnamedDE's Avatar unnamedDE
So, I found a banner pattern I really liked on this site (Pride Spine is what it was called) and plugged the code into a command block. However, the command block was unable to recognize the item "Minecraft:banner", and when I tried fixing it to the banner's base layer (Minecraft:yellow-banner) the code only recognized the item and one of the numbers at the beginning of the code. I tried the /setblock command as well, and that didn't work either, with the same error of the block not being recognized. I had the the player set to @a, and even tried it with my gamertag as well, but alas it still didn't work.
To the point: is the code for custom banners on this website and others too old for 1.14, or is there another problem, like with my internet or something (I highly doubt that, but my computer freezes when I mass delete my inventory in creative so you never know).

Some info about my system:
  • I play Java Edition
  • I play in 1.14
  • Computer is a Mac mini from 2017
  • Will be using Optifine when the full v 1.14 is released, in case that might impact the situation

Thanks for any advice you have to give!
Cool_Catastrophy
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/19/2019 2:34 pm
Level 49 : Master Technomancer
unnamedDE
Use this command to give your banner to yourself:/give @p minecraft:yellow_banner{BlockEntityTag:{Base:11,Patterns:[{Pattern:bs,Color:14},{Pattern:hh,Color:12},{Pattern:ms,Color:10},{Pattern:ts,Color:4},{Pattern:bts,Color:1},{Pattern:tts,Color:5},{Pattern:bri,Color:0},{Pattern:ss,Color:0},{Pattern:ls,Color:0},{Pattern:rs,Color:0}]}}
06/19/2019 2:35 pm
Level 49 : Master Technomancer
unnamedDE
Your mistake was the '1 0' between minecraft:banner and the NBT-Data. I also converted minecraft:banner to minecraft:yellow_banner
06/08/2019 2:01 am
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
It would be useful to know:
exactly what version of 1.14 is involved as the continuing evolution of mechanics in the snapshots (currently up to 1.14.3–ss#2 AFAIK) also makes for a changing suite of bugs

the text used for the command block

the text used for the setblock attempt

This would be a massive kluge, but you might try using an NBT editor, possibly adding the layers iteratively…
06/09/2019 1:48 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Cool_Catastrophy
I'm up to date as far as the snapshot goes.

Heres the /give code for the command block that I used:

/give @a minecraft:banner 1 0 {BlockEntityTag:{Base:11,Patterns:[{Pattern:bs,Color:14},{Pattern:hh,Color:12},{Pattern:ms,Color:10},{Pattern:ts,Color:4},{Pattern:bts,Color:1},{Pattern:tts,Color:5},{Pattern:bri,Color:0},{Pattern:ss,Color:0},{Pattern:ls,Color:0},{Pattern:rs,Color:0}]}}

and for setblock:

/setblock minecraft:banner 1 0 {BlockEntityTag:{Base:11,Patterns:[{Pattern:bs,Color:14},{Pattern:hh,Color:12},{Pattern:ms,Color:10},{Pattern:ts,Color:4},{Pattern:bts,Color:1},{Pattern:tts,Color:5},{Pattern:bri,Color:0},{Pattern:ss,Color:0},{Pattern:ls,Color:0},{Pattern:rs,Color:0}]}}
06/09/2019 4:24 am
Level 36 : Artisan Miner
ScotsMiser
Proofing the commands turned up no obvious syntactical errors (all brackets are paired, comma and colon usage is consistent [and appear s correct], all pattern codes are legal).

I've done very little with 1.14 (waiting for a stable version), but

this:
  • Patterns: List of all patterns applied to the banner.
    • : An individual pattern.
        • Color: Color of the section.

• Pattern: The banner pattern code the color is applied to.

from https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Banner#Block_entity & duplicated @ minecraft.gamepedia.com/Chunk_format#Block_entity_format

suggests to me that the color would be listed first ie {Color:14,Pattern:bs} etc.

As a matter of troubleshooting, simplifying the requested banner until it works then building back up might be helpful

eg.
/give @p minecraft:banner 1 0 {BlockEntityTag:{Base:11,Patterns:[]}}

/give @p minecraft:banner 1 0 {BlockEntityTag:{Base:11,Patterns:[{Color:14,Pattern:bs}]}}

etc
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome