forum Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Help keyboard_arrow_right computerJava Edition

Create Forum Thread

A bit of a problem I have with my computer.

1 emeralds6 replies99 views
EmeraldBat67 started 04/05/2020 10:43 am
Ruhenlos replied 04/07/2020 12:53 pm
I hope I'm posting this in the right place.

A bit of backstory.

I had a computer, a Windows 7, now I can't tell you the details because my dog knocked it off my desk and it was destroyed.
I recently got a new computer, a Windows 10. It has the label "Dell" on the side so I assume its at Dell?

Anyway I had redownloaded all my games and such and when I went to go run Minecraft I got a crash with the message saying "Error, driver does not appear to support OpenGL." I tried updating my drivers, they were fine, I tried updating Java, it was fine. When I went to go download a new driver I got the message "You do not have the necessary items to install this." Or something like that. I dunno what to do, I really want to play Minecraft. I also can't get SFM to work so it's not just Minecraft (although of course it isn't). The version I was playing on was 1.14.4. I'm so confused. I got my dad to help but nothing works. If you want the details of my driver and other things just ask me for them.

The problems that might be it
  • I don't have OpenGL installed(?)
  • My driver is broken.
  • Or this is some kind of setting.

Crash report.
Posted by avatar
EmeraldBat67
Level 14 : Journeyman Unicorn

comment Login or register to post a reply.

6 replies

04/05/2020 8:57 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
icephantom
Certain graphics cards don't support opengl, so it may be the card, not the driver.
I'm not sure which launcher you are trying, but if you are willing to try, you could always go for MultiMC which you can download from here : https://multimc.org/
Easy to set up in a couple of mins or less. If you are unable to get things going on that, then your problem will most likely be system based - i.e. something amiss with the hardware / software installed.
04/06/2020 6:56 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
Ruhenlos
how can his GPU not support openGL? that thing has been around since the early 2000s
04/06/2020 12:27 pm
EmeraldBat67
Yeah, its strange. I'm planning to crack it open once I get a new computer. This is two computers I've gone through in a month.
04/06/2020 2:45 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
icephantom
The opengl issue usually crops up with notebook / laptop machines that use an on-board graphics card, like an intel integrated card - not all of these support the correct modes needed for Minecraft to run - or at least run at an acceptable speed.
04/06/2020 4:19 pm
EmeraldBat67
Huh, I use some kind of Dell? I think it is an Intel integrated card, though.
04/07/2020 12:53 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
Ruhenlos
if you can provides us with the exact model of your CPU maybe i can see whether openGL is the problem
Planet Minecraft Logo

Website

© 2010 - 2020
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome