Advice about 1-player sleep for 1.15+?

moon_tea's Avatar moon_tea2/27/20 10:45 pm
2 emeralds 567 5
3/20/2020 7:42 am
moon_tea's Avatar moon_tea
Hey y'all - hope you're doing fantastic today!

So, I followed this tutorial and this command works great for the most part, with 2 exceptions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEd7Hg06I4U

Exceptions:
- this machine causes thunderstorns. There is a kind of workaround, made by altering the first command to: /execute as @a[scores={sleeping=1}] run weather clear 15000
- also, there is 1 particular player that can't sleep at all. Not sure if this is even related.

Help? I'm basically looking for a different 1-player sleep command setup that anyone has used that they are happier with.

Thanks in advance!
moon_tea
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

03/20/2020 7:42 am
moon_tea
Protip -- add xisumavoid's datapack. https://vanillatweaks.net/picker/datapacks/
02/28/2020 2:27 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
All these commands are correct though.
These commands both clear weather and make night go by much more faster as intended and there is nothing about thunderstorms in the commands.

Also can you elaborate about the player who is unable to sleep?
02/28/2020 4:03 am
moon_tea
Thank you! Yes, everything is correct -- the commands work, its just that the strange weather is a side-effect. This same command set was used on a previous realm I was part of, and we had the same issue. Ironically, it helped us get a lot of skeleton horses!

I know nothing about said player -- just when they and thy alone sleep in a bed, the command doesn't move time forward like it does for the rest of us. They joined yesterday with 2 friends, and of the 3 of them only one has this issue.
02/28/2020 5:18 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
HoboMaggot
Im guessing the weather updates to a different one immediately after the weather resets. Minecraft should not do that, prob a bug.
For the players, if you are op, try doing
/scoreboard objectives set sidebar sleeping
this will make the scoreboard for sleeping players show up. If you see anything higher than 1 (like 2 or 3), reset their scores.

Also are you using these commands in command blocks?
If you are, are the blocks around worldspawn?
02/28/2020 9:47 pm
moon_tea
Thank you! Yes, that makes sense that its probably a bug. Ohhh, good idea about the sidebar! Thank you! And yes, the command blocks are at spawn, good call.

Thanks again, I will try this out!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome