Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Help keyboard_arrow_right Java Edition

Create Forum Thread

Am I having High Latency, Conenction Issues or what the heck?

1 emeralds8 replies72 views
created 08/25/2019 2:37 pm by ShaneyLadz
last reply 08/25/2019 8:12 pm
Recently I've encountered a problem with my Minecraft that makes my game somehow freeze every 8 or 9 seconds. I have no idea if I'm having High Latency, Connection problems or Lagging issues. I have made a video to showcase this problem in depth.

(The FPS has dropped low since I am recording, I tend to get up to 100 FPS)
The following timestamps are where the problem can be noticed within the recording;
0:06 , 0:18, 0:32, 0:43, 0:56

As it shows, the game freezes for a few seconds and then suddenly returns back to its original state. However, I've encountered this issue with my Discord as well, whereas when I'm in a voice channel, people would cut out around every 8/9 seconds; this could be to conclude that it's a connection issue.

Please give me any feedback that you can possibly give! Any feedback on settings to change in my Minecraft game, or in general, with my computer.
This problem has never happened to me and I'm afraid that perhaps I changed a setting that abruptly caused all this.

Any advice is appreciated!
Posted by avatar
ShaneyLadz
Level 1 : New Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

8 replies

08/25/2019 8:12 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
100% a connection issue, especially if discord is affected as well. Possibly need to restart your router/modem and maybe get your ISP to run a connection test on your home network, could be an issue that could be reset at their office.

It could seriously be 100's of different issues, and no solid way to pinpoint exactly what it is... You can start by playing with your routers settings, maybe the router is having a hard time staying on one channel and keeps switching to a busy channel and causing a slowdown... Really could be anything lol
08/25/2019 3:03 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Cake
Harctona
Am pretty sure this is just because Minecraft 1.14.4 is horribly optimized and is just a laggy mess. lol
08/25/2019 3:09 pm
ShaneyLadz
I get the same problem with practically all the versions, I tend to play on 1.8.9.
08/25/2019 3:02 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
Could you run a speedtest of your internet speed and post the results here?
08/25/2019 3:08 pm
ShaneyLadz
63 Ping ms

11.18 Download Mbps

0.80 Upload Mbps
08/25/2019 3:46 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Modder
Geforce
Yeah, that video plus those ping and upload speeds definitely makes it look like a connection issue. The reason why everyone stops moving all at once is because your connection to the server is dying out or can't keep up. How long were you experiencing this issue? Did it work okay earlier?
08/25/2019 4:12 pm
ShaneyLadz
I actually can't really give a solid answer :/. It used to be the case that I had to keep making Java Runtime on Private when allowing it via Windows Defender Firewall, and for some reason, Java Runtime would keep on going on Public, so I would have to keep putting it on Private (like how it should already be originally put on) in order for Minecraft to work. Hmm, perhaps it could be Windows Firewall causing the problem - but I've already disabled it to see how it impacted on this whole issue; but I still end up with the same result.
08/25/2019 4:16 pm
ShaneyLadz
I'm gonna try reinstalling Minecraft, in case if anything happens

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
planetminecraft.com

Welcome