(Command Blocks) How to turn thrown named snowballs into Fireballs and other entities in 1.14

KeyBre3ze's Avatar KeyBre3ze6/9/19 12:24 pm
1 emeralds 5.6k 2
7/1/2019 3:16 am
sageofatoms's Avatar sageofatoms
Hey so i've seen many people do this on previous versions of minecraft using command blocks, and i've attempted to try this in the current version of minecraft (1.14.2) but to no avail. im very new to the whole command block stuff but it seems to me like something was changed in the fundamentals of command blocks between the recent updates, making the older commands obsolete and unworking.
If anybody could help me figure out how to do something like this, i would greatly appreciate it :)
KeyBre3ze
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/19/2019 2:44 pm
Level 49 : Master Technomancer
unnamedDE
To replace any snowball run:
/execute as @e[type=snowball] at @s run summon minecraft:fireball ~ ~ ~ {Tags:["fireball"]}
/execute as @e[tag=fireball] at @s run data modify entity @s direction set from entity @e[type=snowball,limit=1,sort=nearest] Motion
/execute as @e[tag=fireball] at @s run data modify entity @s power set from entity @e[type=snowball,limit=1,sort=nearest] Motion
/execute as @e[tag=fireball] at @s run kill @e[type=snowball,limit=1,sort=nearest]
/execute as @e[tag=fireball] at @s run tag @s remove fireball

If you have any questions PM me or join my discord server
07/01/2019 3:16 am
Level 1 : New Miner
sageofatoms
So for this solution would you just put these commands into a line of "chain" command blocks? I tried that and I couldn't get it to work, but I know I'm probably doing something wrong
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome